Make Up

On the first day of November, a murder occurred, first in the morning, a 20 year old female beta was attacked in the streets of the capital by a group of alphas. She was intoxicated by the amount of pheromones her body absorbed and died.

At that same time of the day, Layle at his school was the most nervous he has ever been. What he did to Keith scared him deeply, he was afraid that Keith might loathe him forever cause of the way he controlled him with his pheromones forcing a kiss. Or worse.. get sick cause of intoxication.

He tried to talk with Keith in private, but Joey was around him all the time.

In the cafeteria, he stood away mediating the scene happening in front of him again, Joy and Keith sitting together, eating and chatting in a low voice.

"You hate that scene don't you?" Caro, who just happened to stand next to him asked.

"No." He lied. "But I think Joey is plotting for something, dragging Keith along."

"I hope you can make up with Keith, I had enough of him taking the time I have left with Joey away from me."

Layle looked at Caro, surprised. He knew she is close to Joey, they are literally the most perfect best friends he had ever seen, but why would an alpha be so mad, unless..

"You into Joey??"

"Keep it a secret."

He knew it wouldn't work out with them, he felt sorry for her, but then he looked at Keith again and felt sorry for himself.

His phone buzzed with a notification.

From Keith!

[Stop starting at me!]

[Meet me at the rooftop in five.]

He looked up to see Keith, and Keith smiled.

If a heart attack stroke Layle, Keith is the only one to blame, he ran to the rooftop to calm his heart there.

Delighted, he was delighted and happy. Still, the fear is still there. He waited on the rooftop in anticipation, if Keith was to turn him down again, he might as well throw himself from there.

"Hey!"

Greeted Keith on the rooftop. And Layle walked right to him.

"Hey.."

Layle watched Keith with all the patience he had left, but Keith didn't spit another word, so he thought to 'why not go first.'

"I'm sorry for yesterday, you left without a word after I ki.. kissed you, and regret is eating me up."

"I accept your apology." Keith smiled and made Layle to smile uncontrollably. And still he has something else to say to make Layle even more happier. "I'm sorry too."

Layle was confused to what Keith was sorry about, he was so focused on what HE did, and it might be just he loves Keith so much he would forget about whatever bad things he does.

"What I did to you back at my home, it's unforgivable, I was an ass.. you didn't do anything wron-"

"I FORGIVE YOU!" Layle honestly sopke.

Keith couldn't help himself but to laugh, his round brown eyes became teary, and his smile was wide it showed his white set of teeth, he seemed genuinely happy, and Layle took that chance to tell him what he wants.

"So now what?"

"What do you mean now what? We forgave each other and now we are friends again."

"No! I didn't ruin my friendship with you to restart it the same way, I LIKE YOU KEITH!"

"Soo..."

"I want more than friendship!"

"Okay," the same smile Keith kept on his face, and even more he walked closer Layle.

"So, can I kiss you now?" Layle shyly asked, and when he heard the word "yes," he rushed to kiss him, but this time it was a gentle kiss, short one but he almost melted, and when their lips separated again he kept his gaze on Keith's lips and raised his eyes to look at Keith's, waiting for approval for another kiss. Keith smiled and he kissed him again.

A single look at Keith could easily exposes him, nothing and everything were going through his mind, it was shown on the crack of the mask he had on but he kept on smiling the entire time.

He cupped Layle's cheek with his palm and told him softly, "if you ever try to use your pheromones the same way you used them yesterday, I will kill you."

Layle nodded obediently, and when Keith left, Layle followed him like a little puppy.

In the class, the teacher didn't come yet, when Keith and Layle came, Caro immediately smiled, she could notice from what Layle's pheromones exposing him, he is satisfied even his pheromones were all over Keith, 'they must hugged each other when they make up, to make it stick like that,' she thought.

"How could I get a B in math, when I studied this time." Joey whined looking at his exam paper.

"Cause B stands for a BETA." Zain replied and made the whole class laugh, even the beta students.

"Well.." Joey threw the paper and proceeded to open another subject. "Who is going to protest?"

"Why would we?"

"Don't you know? A beta girl just got killed by the filthy pheromones of you people!" Joey pointed at the alpha students. If he wasn't a lovable person knowing for joking around, his alpha classmates would took it to heart.

Students just scoffed at him, they searched for the news, and it was there, a girl was killed by pheromone, but there is no news about protesting, so they took it lightly.

On the other hand, Layle got paranoid, what if his pheromones had killed Keith yesterday, or is it even safe for betas to receive pheromones of any kind.

Even though it is safe and he knew it, and even though he knew he couldn't kill him with his pheromones alone, but still, he didn't know why he was thinking that way.

Joey was dead serious, it's one of these rare occasions where he is the only one who isn't laughing.

"It's not the first time a murder like this happens this year, betas will see it as a hate crime, they'll be angry, they will make alphas angry, please be careful."

He was looking at his beta classmates addressing them by his speech, he was telling them as long as they are betas, they will lose, cause B stands for a Beta.

Author note:

Soo.. I started another book!! Featuring two betas!!

So hear me out! As much as used to hate omegavese stories, for some reason I started to obsess over them, that's why I wrote this book, so in a few years, when I want to read a story, I can read mine.

Thses months, I wanted to read a beta x beta story, but I didn't find one!! I didn't really care about such kind of relationship before, but now I do, so I started writing BETAS, if you are interested in such a story, check it out.