4- Instinct

Mr. Stilinski has kind of already figured it out that the three of us tend to do a lot of illegal things. Things that would get us locked in jail for quite some time. Personally, I think he purposely chooses to overlook all of these things because we've though we do cause a lot of trouble, we normally save the day somehow. When Mr. Stilinski came to us last night because he needed our help, I expected him to want us to help figure out some kind of mystery he had in his files at the station.

        I didn't expect him to ask us to sneak in Mr. Tate's home to get a scent. He showed us where the side entrance was for us to enter the home while he was in the front of the house distracting Mr. Tate. I should have stayed at the house, but no one was home and I didn't want to be there by myself. Being alone is when I start to think and when I start to do that, I think about what Deucalion made me do.  

        The door to the side of the house creaks as Stiles tries to be quiet. The door creaks louder as he pushes it further open. I cover my face with my hands at the noise. Mr. Stilinski had sternly told us to not get caught because if we do, even he couldn't save us. Stiles decides to just push the door open quickly instead of doing it slowly. It squeaks louder, but ceases when he shuts the door behind us. 

        The door let us right into the bedroom of Mr. Tate's oldest daughter's bedroom. I carefully step over to the bed and pick up a stuffed animal. Scott and I need to find a scent. I bring a stuffed elephant up to my nose and deeply inhale. My nose wrinkles when I smell some kind of animal instead of a little girl. I toss it back on the bed and pick up a pillow instead. 

        "I'm not getting anything." I toss the pillow to Scott. 

        Scott catches the pillow and inhales. "All I'm getting is some animal smell."

        Stiles pushes past the two of us to grab some of the horse toys behind Scott. I walk towards Scott, headed for the closet. "What kind of animal?" Stiles shoves a plastic horse in my face before I can reach the closet. I slap it away. A plastic horse is not going to help me out. 

        "Dog..." Scott trails off. His arm snakes around my waist and pulls me away from the closet. I frown not understanding why he is pulling me behind him until I spot the large rottweiler in the doorway of the bedroom. That explains the dog scent I was getting.

        Stiles freezes on the other side of me. "Hi, puppy. Get rid of it."

        "Me?" Scott keeps his eye on the large dog.

        "Yes, you. Glow your eyes at it, something. Be the Alpha."                 

        "I can't. I don't have control." 

        The dog starts to growl at us. Oh no. 

        "Chloe-" Stiles starts to say, poking me in my arm.

        "I can't do anything either." I whisper back to him. "I don't know how to control any of this."

        The growling continues a little louder this time. This is bad. This is very bad. This dog is going to eat us. The least it could do is bark and alert Mr. Tate. Either way, we are screwed.

          "Okay, buddy. You're going to have to try something." Stiles taps Scott's arm.     

        Scott loosens his hold on me as he creeps a little closer to the dog with one hand stretched out in front of him. "Nice doggy."

        The dog starts barking and growling. I jump backwards, colliding into Stiles while covering my  mouth with my hands to keep me from screaming. Even Scott jumps back in surprise. I grab a fistful of Scott's jacket and pulll him away from the dog.