34 - Mind

With his arms folded over his chest, Peter narrows his eyes at the teenage boy with the hundred of years old Nogistune possessing his body. He paces around the couch with his eyes only on Void Stiles. Once he rounds back to the front, Peter bends down to get a better look, "He doesn't look like he would survive a slap across the face, much less the bite of a werewolf."

Void Stiles carefully watches the old Alpha in front of him. Ever so often, his eyes would migrate in my direction until he would know that Scott would see him staring then he would look away. He wanted Scott to be worried about why he kept staring at me. The Nogistune being curious in me would only fuel Scott's anger. He already has to worry about Stiles. 

"You don't think it would work?"

Peter straights back up. "This is more a war of the mind than the body." He angles his body to face all of us, including Void Stiles. "There are better methods to winning this battle."

A bitterness is heard in my voice as I ask, "What kind of methods?"

Peter takes notice of the tone I use towards him. He's well aware that I've never liked him. "We're going to get into his head."

This time, I purposely meet Scott's gaze to figure out if he is wondering what Peter means by all of this. There's only one real way to get into someone's mind and only an Alpha can do it. Scott meets my uneasy look with his own concerned expression. Does Peter really want us to do this? Peter sneaks past all of us and grabs Lydia on his way, speaking in a hushed tone.

"Is this really a good idea?" I murmur to Scott. 

His arms cross over his chest. "I don't know. We don't really have any other option."

"So, do we have a plan?" Deaton directs his question to Peter, who is in a tense conversation with Lydia. 

Peter gives Lydia a sharp look before nodding his head, "Scott is going to try and dig through pale and sickly Evil Stiles' mind to unearth pale and stickly Real Stiles then guide him back from the depths of his own subconscious, but he's not going to do it alone."

"What do you mean?"

Peter rotates his body towards Lydia beside him. "Somebody needs to go with you."

As soon as I see the blood drain out of Lydia's face and her whole body become rigid with fear, I immediately find myself stepping forward, closer to Void Stiles. "No." I peer at Lydia with my lips in a thin line. This is dangerous enough as it is. I'm not putting this on Lydia. "I'll go with him." 

Lydia shuts her eyes for a brief second in relief. She shouldn't have to be thrown into something like this. 

Peter looks over at Lydia before agreeing, "Fine. Let's just do this."

"Chloe-"

I shrug Scott's hand off of my shoulder. "It's okay." I force a smile on my face. "I can do this. I'm not sending Lydia into Stiles' mind. I'll do it." 

Void Stiles watches as I sit down on the couch beside him with only a small distance between the two of us. Scott painfully peers at me on the couch. He doesn't want me to do this. He wouldn't want Lydia to do it either. There's really no other option. Scott walks around to the back of the couch with Peter. 

I fidget on the the couch when I feel Scott's claws graze the back of my neck after I move my hair out of the way. "So, what do we do if we find him?"

"You're going to have to guide him out somehow. Try to give him back control of his mind, his body."

A frown settles on my face. "Um," I tilt my head back to gaze up at Peter behind the couch. "Could you possibly elaborate on the 'somehow'? It's not feeling very specific at the moment, considering that we are going to be placed in Stiles' mind, where we have no idea on what we will face."