38 - Over

The look that crosses the twins' faces when they see me perched on the steps of the stairs that lead to the lacrosse field at the school was nothing but surprise and disbelief. Aiden's attention diverted between me to Void Stiles, like he didn't want to believe that I was sitting by our enemy by my own choice. Despite the fact that I was falling apart on the inside, I kept my face blank with no emotions showing.

If Ethan and Aiden truly know me, then they would know that this is all just an act. That I'm doing this to stay on Void Stiles' good side. That I'm only doing this because I plan on killing him.

"Keep your friend's close and your enemies closer." Aiden whispers so lowly that there's a good chance his brother and Derek didn't even hear him.

I barely nod my head to show that he's right. Aiden almost knows me better than anyone. Of course, he would be the first to realize that this is just an act. He knows how much I hate the Nogistune. There's no way that I would ever truly join his side.

"Did you bring us a present?" Void Stiles refers to the circular, wooden box in Derek's hand.

I crane my head to the side to see the Oni have joined us. I'm not looking forward to watching this fight between them.

"I brought two." Derek smirks just as the twins walk out from the shadows that they were hiding in. I was the only one with supernatural sight to see them hiding. The wooden box is placed on the ground beside Derek. What is that for?

Ethan's eyes flicker from Void Stiles to the blood stained on my shirt. The same shirt I was wearing when Void Stiles forced me to go to the hospital with him. There was so much blood. The Oni injured so many people and I was forced to just watch. There was nothing I could do, not without giving away that I was just using Void Stiles.

Void Stiles climbs to his feet, motioning for me to follow his actions. "I've heard of an Alpha pack, Derek, but not a pack of former Alphas. It's a little sad, isn't it?"

Derek roars, now transformed into his werewolf mode. "I might not be an Alpha anymore, but I can still fight like one."

"Isn't it funny that your betas," Void Stiles points at me before motioning to the twins with his finger. "Are about to fight against you?"

The corners of my lips tug up in a smirk. "Bring it." I say to the Twins, silently praying that they know I don't mean it. Aiden knows that this is all just a fraud, but what about Ethan. Does he know? Or does he think I betrayed them?

Behind us, the Oni swing their katanas in the air in a defensive position. Derek and the twins roar back before charging forward to fight. With everyone distracted, Void Stiles pushes me up the stairs. I jog up the steps taking two at a time to keep up with him.

"The box." Aiden grunts under his breath.

I snap my head around until my eyes land on the box. Puzzle pieces form together in my mind. That's what the box is for. I feel Void Stiles tug on my arm and I allow him to pull me to the double doors of the school. Hopefully, one of them is able to break away and bring the box to me.

My heart pounds in my chest as we burst through the double doors of them school. He leads me down on of the dark hallways before pushing me up against the lockers. A breathless gasp floats off of my lips from the pain that shoots through my back from the lock digging into my spine.

One of Void Stiles' finger taps against my cheek with his other hand loosely wrapped around my neck. "It's almost time." He breathes. A sharp intake of breath is sucked in when his lips roughly crash against mine. For a moment, I remain frozen against him, not sure of what I'm supposed to do. Before I can do anything, he pulls back with a devious smirk tugging at his lips. "Are you ready?"