18 - Oni

"I think we're on the verge of stalking." Aiden rests his forearm on the steering wheel of the car they borrowed. At least, I'm going to pretend they borrowed it. 

I roll my eyes and lean back in the passenger seat with my eyes trained on the house across the street. 

Ethan squeezes his way between the two front seats. His shoulder brushes up against my own as he says, "Oh, no. We passed stalking when we agreed to sit in front of the house with no plans on going inside. We're just sitting here." 

"Look," I straighten up to face the two of them better. "Scott and I broke up, which means I don't exactly have a reason to be in the same house as him. Do you have any idea how awkward that would be?"

"So, what? We're just going to wait outside his house?" Aiden huffs. 

I peer at the two story house across the street. Scott's bike is parked out in front of the house. It was already there when the three of us drove up. The twins were against the idea of waiting outside of Scott's house until sunset, but I was too worried about him and everyone. What if the demonic badasses come back? I want to be there to help them. 

"Isaac lives here, too." I remind them, purposely avoidng his questions. 

"There's two heartbeats in the house." Ethan points out. 

"I know." I sigh and hang my head. "It's Kira." 

Aiden turns his head to gaze at me. "It's his loss. He was stupid not to pay more attention to you. I even told him that."

"Wait. What?" I lift my eyes to focus on him. "You told him?"

"The night of the party. After I saw you crying, I went up to him and said he shouldn't treat you the way he does. I think he thought I was trying to weasel my way into his pack and he didn't take me seriously." Aiden admits. 

My mouth slowly falls open. So, that's where Aiden went that night when he said he had to go do something. He left me with Danny and Ethan while he went to go talk to Scott. I shake my head once and press my hand to my forehead while leaning against the door. 

"So much has changed over the course of a week." I mumble. 

"Like you trusting us?" Ethan asks. 

I nod. "That's one of the things." 

"Realizing your an alpha?"

I nod my head for the second time. 

"Realizing you are too damn good for Scott McCall?"

I hold up a hand to stop the two of them. "Okay, I get it." 

Aiden quietly chuckles, "I'm just saying."

Ethan taps me on the shoulder. "The sun is going down." His head tilts to the side, like he is listening. "And, apparently, Scott has some plan for security in his house." The back door opens up, letting in the brisk, cold air. "We're going inside."

I freak out when the two of them climb out of the car. "What? No." I rapidly shake my head. I only planned on going inside if help was needed. I'm not freely walking into that house. "Guys, no."

Ethan opens my door and unbuckles the seatbelt for me. "We already talked about this." He nods his head at his brother. "We're doing everything we can to keep you safe."

Aiden walks around the car to grab my arm, helping me out of the seat. "Even if that means going into your ex's house and making things awkward. Scott always has a plan. We can keep you safe, but there were too many of those demonic things last night. We'll need all the help we can get."