11 - Glowing Eyes

I wrinkle my nose at the smell of the hospital gown that Mrs. McCall had snuck into the school for us to use to find Barrow. The man smelled like a mix of onions, bad body odor, and blood. Unfortunately, we needed to cover more ground and Scott had asked the twins to help us out.

Allison was sneaking out of the school to look in the bestiary about the flies in Barrow. Lydia and Stiles had gone with her to help her sneak out and try to figure out more of Lydia's banshee powers. Of course, I went with Scott and Isaac as we wondering the basement of the school, following Barrow's scent. The twins had, thankfully, gone off in a seperate directions. We had agreed to meet in the boiler room once we were done checking everywhere.

The dim lighting is the basement gives off a red glow in some parts. The hallway was dark enough for me to switch to my hybrid eyes to see better.

"So, this is how it's gonna be now? We trust them?" Isaac asks from behind me as we walk into a new part of the basement.

Scott leads the way down a hallway. "Just because I'm letting them help, doesn't mean I trust them."

"I don't trust them at all." I keep close to the both of them.

"I don't trust them either." Isaac shakes his head. "Or like them. In fact, I hate them and just want them to die."

"Well, if Barrow's actually here and he's got a plan, you might get what you want." Scott says. 

"No one is dying." I tell both of them, peeking inside of a small closet. "No matter how much we hate the twins and they deserve it." 

Isaac hums in response. "I just think-" He's suddenly cut off by the fire alarm going off throughout the school.

Gasping out loud, I fall into the wall with my hands pressed firmly to my ears. The ringing is so loud that it feels like knives are being drived into my ears. At the same time, Isaac and Scott reach out towards me. Their voices are drowned out from the alarm. I squeeze my eyes shut, slumping against the wall for support. 

Suddenly, I'm scooped up into one of their arms. My head finds their shoulder and I bury my face into their neck, wishing the noise would end. Keeping my eyes shut, I feel whoever is caring me start to run. The alarm grows louder and I try to force myself not to focus on it, but it's too loud. 

I whimper in pain, quietly. What is going on with me? This has never happened to me before. None of this makes sense. I can't even go to anyone to ask what's going on because I'm the only hybrid.

A warmth spreads across my body as we race out of the school and into the sunshine outside. They slow down to a walk. The alarm is, thankfully, cut off and I'm no longer in great pain. A ringing is left in my mind, the beginning of a headache, something I haven't had since I was bitten. 

"Chloe?" Isaac whispers in my ear. So he was the one to carry me.

Slowly, I flutter my eyes open and remove my hands. I squint from the brightness of the sun. Scott is peering at me, completely worried. I weakly smile at my two favorite boys. "I'm okay." I whisper.

"No, whatever that was- that was not okay." Scott shakes his head. 

I rest my head on Isaac's shoulder. "I- I don't know what's going on with me." 

Isaac gently lowers me back to the ground. His hand stays on my back to make sure I'm stable enough to stand on my own. I take a deep breath. 

"We didn't find anything." The twins appear out of nowhere.

I look up to see Stiles and Lydia have joined us as well. Lydia gives me a look, as if she knows that something is going on with me. 

"Not even a scent." Scott tells the rest of them.