27 - Poisoned

The sheriff's station is a complete wreck. The explosion went off before anyone could stop it. Several officers were laying on the ground, bleeding from where they were hit when the bomb went off. Desk and chairs were scattered all around the building, most in pieces. Glass covered every inch of the floor.

Sheriff Stilinski races around to check on everyone. I shakingly walk into the destroyed room. Derek and Chris are standing near the Sheriff's office. Derek clearly took most of the hit when the explosion went off right behind them.

"Get me an ambulance here at the Sheriff's station! We've got an explosion. We got multiple officers down, multiple officers down. We need an ambulance ASAP on the double." Sheriff Stilinski yells at a nearby deputy, who was unharmed.

Ahead of me, Stiles drops down to his knees beside an officer. The man is bleeding severely from his head, barely able to keep his eyes open. "Scott? Scott?" Stiles shouts.

Scott and I race over to the seriously injured officers, dropping down to our knees. Glass cuts through my jeans and pokes into my skin. I push the pain out of my mind, too focused on the officer. He didn't deserve this.

"Can you do something?" Stiles asks Scott. "Take his pain? Anything to make it easier?"

I reach forward to grab the man's hand until Stiles stops me. I open my mouth to question his motives until Scott grasps the man's hand in his. A dark look passes through Stiles' face as Scott takes the man's pain away. The man lifts his head up enough to gaze up at Scott before his head falls down to the ground. His eyes shut and the pulsing of his heart in my eardrums cease.

A single tear slides down my face. Everything around me turns quiet and it's not until Scott is tugging on my hand that I realize that Sheriff Stilinski is yelling for us to get out of here. I allow Scott to pull me to my feet and start to rush out of the building.

Kira races in the room, wildly. "The oni. They're coming."

Scott pushes me behind him as he tugs on Stiles to get him to move. "Stiles, we gotta get you out of here." 

The four of us pile out of Stiles' jeep and into the pouring down rain. The light above the back door of the animal clinic shines brightly for us to see. Scott said it was the best place for us to come to keep Stiles safe, considering that it was lined with mountain ash. When we were driving over, I had quickly texted Aiden and Ethan to tell them of our plans. We needed all of the help we could get right now.

The rain soaks through my clothes, drenching me to the bone. I run towards the back door, followed by Kira and Scott. Stiles is ahead of us and immediately tries to open the door. An all too familiar comes from behind the four of us. Simultaneously, we swirl around to see three Oni.

"Shit." I whisper under my breath.

Scott faces the three of them before tossing the ring of keys to Stiles. "Stiles, get inside." He whips back around, growling. "Chloe, go with him!"

I open my mouth to yell back, but find myself spinning to help Stiles. Scott can handle himself right now. We need to worry about keeping Stiles safe. Stiles fumbles with the keys for the right one. One glance over my shoulder shows that Scott is in full combat with the Oni with Kira by his side.

"Hey, Kira, get inside!" Stiles shouts over the rain. He grabs my arm to drag me inside until I yank my arm arm away when I see Scott get knocked to the ground.

I spring forward, picking up a broken piece of a pipe from the ground by the dumpster and swing it at the Oni. The katana collides with the pipe. The next thing I know is that I'm in a duel with the Oni while Scott climbs to his feet.