24 - Pain

The sliding doors glide across the frame to the opposite sides. The quiet hum of the doors retracting into the walls earns my attention from my desperate attempt to stay awake. My hand stays curled around Isaac's. I don't move from my slumped position in the uncomfortable hospital chair when I hear the three of them walk into the hospital room. I could hear them conversing outside and felt no reason to stop my actions. 

The three of them pause for a brief second as the doors shut behind them and they notice me. I grimace at the pain transferring from Isaac's body and into mine. 

"Chloe?" Mrs. McCall is the first to speak up. 

I turn my head in their direction. My hand partially hidden behind my body. 

"What are you doing here?" Scott asks.

"He's my brother."

Scott shakes his head, "No. I mean, less than twenty four hours ago, you were electrocuted-"

"And, I placed you under strict orders to stay well rested until your body was fully healed." Mrs. McCall crosses her arms over her chest, sporting a motherly look. 

I press my lips in a thin line. "I'm sorry." I reply, sincerely. I angle my head back down to my brother, holding back a gasp of pain. "But, he's my brother. He's the only family I have left. If there's anything I can do to help me brother then I'm going to do it."

A look of confusion sweeps across Scott's face. His eyes dart down to my hand that I'm shielding with my body. Scott slowly moves closer until he can see my hand tightly holding onto Isaac's hand. The black veins in my hand and arm are very prominent, due to my pale skin. "How long have you been taking his pain away?"

I weakly smile, feeling my body want to cave in to the exhaustion that has taken over my body. "When I snuck into his room."

"When was that?" Allison questions me.

"A few hours ago." I shrug.

Mrs. McCall's eyes widen at my statement. "Chloe, I-I don't think that's safe." She glances up at her son.

Scott nods, "I can barely handle doing it for a few seconds. A few hours is not a good for your body." He reaches out to pull my hand away from Isaac's. "Let me do it. You need a break." 

Allison steps forward, confused. "I thought he'd be healing by now."

I peer down at my brother's face. He's been unconscious ever since he was electrocuted. The nurse said that it would be up to Isaac's body for when he will wake up. "I thought so, too."

"How much pain is he in?" Allison nods at our hands. 

Scott moves closer and crouches down beside my chair. "Let me take over. You need to rest." He drops his voice to a soft whisper.

I gaze down at him, remembering how easy it was to fall into his dark brown eyes. In fact, I could feel myself falling into them now, like Alice fell into the rabbit hole. My voice lowers to match his, an action I didn't plan on doing. "It's okay. I've got this."

Scott shakes his head and moves his hand towards mine. "No, you're not. I can see it in your eyes. You're in pain and exhausted. You need sleep." 

I scoff at the idea, "Unfortunately, I have to go to school." 

"You can go back to the house." Mrs. McCall offers and places her hand over my shoulder to rub soothing circles into it. "I can call the school and let them know."

While Mrs. McCall was talking, Scott pulled my hand away from Isaac's and I nearly crumpled to the floor out of exhaustion. The chair, Scott, and Mrs. McCall keep me sitting up. The black veins in my arms disappear and the pain I was absorbing from Isaac quickly disappears. I sigh in relief. I had been unaware of how much energy I had drained myself of and how much pain I had been handling. My body is still not better yet from being electrocuted.

Scott grabs Isaac's forearm to take away some more pain. His face instantly contorts into pain as the pain begins to transfer. His eyes snap shut and he tries to even out his breathing. After a few seconds, Scott yanks his hand away. "It won't heal him, but it helps with the pain." His gaze lands back on a very tired me. "How were you able to handle that for so long?"

"You'd be amazed at the things you can do and handle when it comes down to the people you love." I answer before trying to stand. My legs wobble out beneath me and I fall into Scott's chest. 

His hands grab onto my waist to keep me stable. "Chloe, you need to rest. You practically drained yourself of energy."

"No," I sigh into his chest, resisting the urge to close my eyes and fall asleep standing up. "I have to go to school. Besides, I'm still trying to figure out where Stiles is." 

Allison sets her hand on the bed and frowns. "Did Stiles really do this?" 

Scott keeps his hands on my waist. "Whatever's controlling him did it. Whatever's inside of him."

I gingerly push myself away from Scott, swaying a bit as the room spins around me. "Okay, so if this Nogistune thing- or whatever it is- is controlling Stiles and caused him to cut that wire on top of the hospital. Then how do we get that thing out of him?"

"I'm working on it." Scott sighs. His gaze focuses on me as he tries to see if I'm okay to stand on my own. "Do you need me to take you to school?" 

I lean on him for support as the four of us walk towards the sliding glass doors. I shake my head. "No, I have a ride."

The doors slide open and the twins stand on the other side, both clad in a pair of jeans and their leather jackets. A low groan comes from Scott when he sees the guys on the other side, but I remain quiet like I didn't hear it. Ethan walks over to me and wraps his arm around my waist. 

"Oh." Scott mumbles when Ethan moves me away from him. 

I rest my head on Ethan's chest, tiredly. "I'll see you guys at school, okay?"

Aiden gently lifts me into his arms once he sees how exhausted I am. The action catches not only me by surprise, but everyone else. "Yeah," He smirks at Scott. "We'll see you at school." 

"You can sleep on the way there." Ethan says while starting to walk down the hall towards the elevators.

By the time we reach the elevator, we hear Scott lowly mention how much he hates the twins. His disapproval causes Aiden to chuckle. The laugh vibrates through his chest and I move a bit from where I am resting my head. 

"He's going to hate you even more if you keep acting like you have feelings for Chloe in front of him." Ethan presses the first floor button once we're in the elevator. 

Aiden shrugs with me still in his arms. "He needs to know what he lost."

XXXXXXXXX

Yes, I am aware of how short this is. I want to keep updating this whenever I get the chance to because March is near and I have lots of concerts and traveling planned. At this point, I should just move to Atlanta. 

This chapter isn't much, but it does show that Scott still truly does care for Chloe. He's just being annoying right now and doing everything he can to show her. 

Jealous Scott is so much fun to write about, though. 

Question: What do you think of jealous Scott?

So, yeah