32 - Feelings

The house is entirely way too quiet for my liking. Mrs. McCall has been working nonstop with night shifts and Isaac is still in the hospital. I've been placed on a temporary ban from the hospital by Mrs. McCall because she doesn't trust me to be with my brother all night. She knows I'll just end up taking all of his pain, even if it does physically and mentally drain me. 

Aiden offered for me to crash at their place, but I didn't feel like it. The McCall House has become a home to me. The one place I felt truly safe. At the moment, I wanted to feel safe after what Void Stiles said to me. He's going to come back for me soon. 

I toss and turn for the hundredth time in my bed, unable to get comfortable or sleep. I can clearly hear Scott's heartbeat in his room. He's not sleeping either. The two of us have been tossing and turning in our own beds for the past hour and a half. There's only one way for both of us to get a good night's sleep and the temptation has never been so strong before. 

I wanted this more than anything. More than just wanting a good night's sleep. I wanted to do this. 

I fling the comforter off of my body and sit up in bed. I throw my legs off of the bed, quietly moving towards the door. The door doesn't even squeak as I pull it open and begin to tiptoe to Scott's room. My fist hovers above the wood, seconds away from knocking. I pull it away. Should I really be doing this? I mean, we're not together. 

Shaking my head, I reach for the door knob instead. I twist it open and step partially inside of Scott's room, already feeling better just by how much it smells like him. "Scott?" I whisper. A small part of the blinds in his room is pushed open, allowing just enough light for me to kind of see him laying in bed.

"Chloe? Is everything okay?" Scott nearly jumps up. Both of us know that I usually avoid him at all costs when we are in the same house. My random arrival in his room is enough to make him automatically assume that something is wrong.

My eyes dart down to his naked torso. Why did he have to sleep shirtless of all nights? I awkwardly clear my throat and bring my eyes back up to his brown ones. "Um, everything's fine. I just-" I shyly peer down at my bare feet. "Could I- Can I sleep in here with you?" I finally manage to blurt out.

Scott's eyes widen at my question. That was probably the absolute last thing he thought would be coming from my mouth. The two of us haven't exactly been on good terms since I decided to break up with him. "Yeah- Yeah, of course." He begins to climb off of the bed. "Here, I'll take the chair." He motions to the chair by his bed.

I step forward and place my hand on his shoulder. "Actually, I want you to sleep in the bed..." My cheeks grow warm as he gazes up at me. "With me." 

A brief look of hope crosses his face as he moves over to give me room. I've been wanting to crawl back into his bed for so long. I haven't been sleeping right ever since we broke up. I went so long with sleeping in his bed every night while we were dating that it was hard to quit so suddenly. 

"Yeah, okay." Scott lifts the comforter up for me to slide in beside him. 

I crawl into his bed, a feeling of nostalgia washing over me. A soft sigh floats off of my lips as I sink into his bed. A cute smile spreads across Scott's lips while he watches me pull the blanket up to my neck. 

"What?" I blush under his intense stare.

Scott shakes his head with a slight chuckle. 

"What?" I ask again, confused by his behavior.

"You're just so beautiful." 

His words take me by surprise. "Scott-"

"I know." Scott interrupts me when he sees the pained look on my face. He reaches out to grab my hand under the covers. "I know that you're pissed at me and you have every right to be. I'm sorry for all of the pain I caused you and I promise I'm going to make it up to you somehow. I'm still in love with you, Chloe. I always will be."