1- Breathe

Heels arched in the air, I tiptoe across the carpeted floor in my soft pink socks. Sunlight beams in the room through the curtains slightly pushed open. My breath is held, carefully not to make any noise as I approach him. His head is sticking out from under the comforter, the rest of his body covered with the thick, blue material. I creep closer until I'm a foot away from the bed. 

        Using the last little bit of distance, I jump on top of the bed to surprise the sleepy boy. Instead of landing on him, like I expected I would, two arms snake around my waist, pulling me down to his body. Laughter bubbles out of my chest and fills the once silent room. 

        Scott's lips press against my neck, curled up in a smile. "Your heart beat gave you away." 

        I roll in his arms, wrapping my own arms around his neck to bring us closer. "I thought you were still sleeping." 

        Scott covers me with his comforter. "You thought wrong." His fingers dance across my stomach and sides, clad in a loose, black shirt. 

        "Scott!" I throw my head back in laughter. I squirm around on his bed, trying to get away from his prying fingers. My face begins to burn red from the lack of oxygen in my lungs. "S-Stop!" I try to push his hands away.

        His tickling ceases after a good minute. Scott grabs my red face in his hands, laughing. "Breathe."

        I suck in a deep breath, thankful that he stopped with the torture. "You're terrible."

        Scott leans closer for a kiss. "But, you love me."

        I press my lips together, pretending to think about it. "Mm." I shrug my shoulders as I try to climb out of his bed. Scott's arms snake back around my waist before I can even throw my legs off of his bed. My back bounces on the bed twice as he goes back in to tickle me. I swat his hands away, laughing. "Wait, no! I do love you!" 

        "Good." Scott pecks my lips, withdrawing his hands. He twists his head to the side, checking the time on his clock. "We need to get ready for school."

        I drop my forehead to his chest, groaning. "Pass."

        "We've got to go." Scott kisses my forehead.

        I snuggle up against his body. "Or we could stay in bed and order pizza later on." 

        "Look, I'm happy for the two of us, but I can't deal with this." 

        Scott and I pop our heads up from the bed, spotting Isaac, all dressed for school, leaning up against the doorway with his arms crossed. I smirk at my brother. Scott laughs, and sadly, climbs out his bed to get ready for school. 

        Mrs. McCall pops her head in the bedroom, eyes falling on me in her son's bed. "You know the rule, Chloe."

        Scott spins around just before he walked into his bedroom. "Mom, she didn't sleep in here." He quickly backs me up. 

        "And let's keep it that way." Mrs. McCall waves her finger at the two of us before leaving. 

        I roll over in Scott's bed, burying my face in his pillow. "I don't want to go." 

        "I know you don't." Scott sighs from his bathroom. 

        I angle my head to the side to see Isaac left along with Mrs. McCall. Our lives are somwhat returned to normal after the whole Deucalion thing. He fled town and, thankfully, we haven't heard from him at all. The thing that surprises me the most is that everyone seemed to take the whole me killing an innocent okay. Scott and Isaac were the most supportive. Everyone said they understand that Deaucalion was controlling me. None of it was my fault.