5- Coyote

When your boyfriend walks in your room saying he's going out to find a dead body, don't join him. Stay at home in the comfort of your own bedroom. Don't go on the crazy adventure with him and your best friend. If you are still tempted to go, make sure you ask where. If he says the woods, definitely do not go.

I didn't say no, though. And, now, I'm walking around the woods with my hand gripping onto Scott's, while the three of us search for a dead body. These two are determined to find a dead body. A body that might just belong to a little girl named Malia.

I hold the flashlight out in front of us. I shuffle closer to Scott, peering over his body to see where we are on his phone. He had gotten the right coordinates of where the accident had occurred a few years ago.

"You know, if my dad's right, that means there's another werewolf in town that we haven't met yet." Stiles reminds us, as if that thought hasn't already crossed our minds. Just what we need, another werewolf added to the mix.

"I know."

Stiles purposely bumps into me and grabs the flashlight from my hands. "If it turns out to be something like triplets that form into, like, a three-headed hound of hell, I'm seriously not up for that."

I groan at the description. "Don't give this town any ideas."

Scott's rubs his thumb over the back of my hand. "Yeah, me either. Especially if I can't even control my own transformation anymore." Scott slows to a stop when we reach a ravine with no running water in it. 

I peer down at the hole, knowing that we are going to have to go down in it. A loud, coyote howls in the distance and that's enough for Stiles and I to grab on to Scott, terrified. I scream out in fear, which startles Scott even more with us holding on to him. His cell phone slips from his fingers and falls down the ravine in a puddle of water. 

Scott glares at Stiles then me. I press my lips together. "Ah. Sorry." I whisper. 

"Sorry, buddy." Stiles apologizes while staring down at his phone in the puddle of rainwater. "I hate coyotes so much. They always sound like they're mauling some tiny, helpless little animal."

Scott steps out of my grasp before jumping down a good three feet. I raise a brow at him. Does he expect Stiles and I to do that next? I mean, I know I'm an almost Alpha hybrid that should have the simple skills of doing that, but I second guess myself too much that I'd probably roll down to the bottom and land in my own puddle.

Scott spins around and holds a hand out for me to take. His hand is still a good foot away from me to grab. I wrinkle my nose and glance over my shoulder at Stiles. "You know I'll catch you, Chloe."

I take a small step forward before jumping towards Scott. His hands grab my waist effortlessly and sets me down on the ground beside him. Unfortunately, Stiles didn't have anyone to help him down, so he kind of slipped on a rock and tried to play it off cool. I giggle at him, while Scott bends down to scoop up his phone.

The screen lights up on his phone. "It still works." Scott smiles at me.

Stiles is staring straight ahead. He shines the flashlight towards a small path, leading towards an upside down, wrecked car. "I think we found it."

I trail behind Stiles. "Why wouldn't they move it? Isn't it evidence?" I ask as we approach the car.

"Probably too much of a pain in the ass to tow out. Look at this." Stiles moves even closer to the car, pointing the ray of light on the side of the car. Long claw marks are on the car door. "See those? Animal claws would be closer together, right? A lot closer."

Scott matches his fingers to the claw marks to see that they match up exactly. "Then it was a werewolf."

"So, my dad was right." Stiles crouches down low, shining the light inside of the car. 

I fall down on my hands and knees to peer inside. An odd looking shape catches my attention in a child's car seat. "What is that?" I point to the object.

Stiles reaches in and pulls it out. A creepy baby doll is held in his hands as we all climb to our feet, staring at it. I reach out to touch it.

"I'm hungry." The baby doll speaks.

I snatch my hand away, screaming louder than Stiles as we both fling ourselves away from the baby. Scott grabs me in his arms, while Stiles falls to the ground, clutching his chest.

Stiles exhales. "I think I just had a minor heart attack."

I rest my head on Scott's chest, trying to catch my breath. "I should have stayed home." My whole body tenses up when I hear an animal growling nearby. I slowly turn around to see two glowing eyes hiding by a tree, no more than fifteen feet away.

"Hey, Stiles." Scott keeps his eyes locked on the coyote. "Please tell you guys see that."

Stiles climbs to his feet and stares at the coyote. "I see it."

The coyote turns away from us. Without any warning, Scott rips himself away from to chase after the coyote.

"Scott!" I scream at his retreating figure.

Stiles lunges forward, nearly tripping over a part of the car. "Wait, hey, Scott! Scott, wait!"

Surprising not only myself, but Stiles as well, I take off after Scott and the coyote. I ignore Stiles' surprised yells and the fact that he mumbles that he doesn't want to be alone. I weave in and out of trees, easily dodging anything that gets in my way. Further up, I can see the hot spots of the coyote and Scott not too far behind it.

Up ahead, I can see where the land ends and there's a huge gap until the other side. The coyote easily jumps over it with little to no problem. I race faster, in no time racing past a very surprised Scott. I jump over the gap, feeling adrenaline pump through my veins.

I land on the ground, right in front of the coyote, on my feet in a crouched position. The coyote begins to growl at me until I feel my eyes change in color. The coyote immediately stops and it's eyes flash blue back at me.

"Malia?" I stare at the coyote in shock.

It takes off running away from me just as Scott lands on the ground beside me. That wasn't expected.

XXXXX

Ayye. I thought I'd update this again. I thought it would be pretty cool if Chloe was the one to realize that it was Malia. Besides, I want them to have a cool friendship when Malia becomes human again.

I really do love this story.

And, Chloe is going to slowly learn that being a half Alpha hybrid isn't so bad. She's going to learn a few things about herself. She'll be doing things that kind of surprise herself, like it's an instinct.

Question: Do you think Chloe will truly accept being an half Alpha hybrid?

So, yeah!