13 - Studying

I subtly take a few, deep breaths to keep my racing heart under control. My whole body has felt on the edge ever since I jolted awake after being electrocuted. Scott had been hovering over my face, nothing but worry etched on his face. His hand had been tightly holding on to mine, trying to take away some of the pain I had felt. 

When the wire had connected with my body, all I could see was red, hot pain. The electricity racing through my body was excruciating. When I woke up, all that was left was a dull pain, a racing heart, and feeling on the edge. I didn't like any of this at all. 

"So, when did you get there?" Agent McCall's voice breaks my train of thought. 

Stiles' elbow lightly jabs into my side as he toys with the pillow on his lap. "At the same time."

Agent McCall raises an eyebrow. "At the same time as who?"

The five of us were brought into the sheriff's station for questioning. Of course, Mr. Stilinski didn't seem to surprised to see his son and friends shuffling into his office, followed by Agent McCall. There was no way we could avoid any of this. The substation nearly exploded because of Barrow. The cops were bound to find out.

Scott raises his free hand in the air. His other one still intertwined with mine. "At the same time as me."

"By coincidence?" 

Stiles frowns, "What do you mean by coincidence?"

"That's what I'm asking you." Agent McCall holds the small notebook in his hand, where he has been taking notes ever since he started questioning us. "The two of you arrived at the same time. Was that coincidence?"

Scott's thumb continues to brush over the back of my hand. "Are you asking me?" 

Stiles half glance at Scott around me. "I think he's asking me."

"I think he's asking the both of you." Lydia sasses from her seat beside the couch.

"Okay," Agent McCall sighs when he realizes he's not getting anywhere. "Let me answer the questions."

All of us stare up at him, quizzically. A small smirk is held on my lips in amusement. 

Agent McCall presses his lips together once he realizes his mistake. "Let me ask the questions." He corrects himself. He flicks through a few pages in his notebook. "Just so I have this absolutely clear. Barrow was hiding in the chemistry closet at the school. Someone left him a coded message on the blackboard telling him to kill Kira. Then, Barrow took Kira and Chloe- after he broke into your house to kidnap you- to a power substation and tied them up with the intent of electrocuting them, which blacked out the entire town."

I nod along to the story we had fed him. Honestly, that was the truth. We just left the whole supernatural portion out of it. 

"Sounds about right." Stiles agrees.

"What I don't understand is why he took you." Agent McCall points at me with the tip of his pen.

I half shrug. "Um...I'm not really sure. He just showed up in my house." 

He scribbles something else down in his book. "How did you know he'd take her to a power station?"

Stiles scratches the side of his face. "Well, 'cause he was an electrical engineer. So, where else would he take her?"

Agent McCall looks amused by his answer. "That's one hell of a deduction there, Stiles."

"Yeah, what can I say?" Stiles smirks in response. "I take after my pops. He's in law enforcement." He winks at his dad, who is sitting behind the desk, and even points his finger at him.