15 - Pack

A tear slides down my cheek, splattering down on the cement railing outside of Derek's loft. I suck in a deep breath, willing myself to stop crying, but the tears seem never ending. My bottom lip catches between my teeth as I squeeze my eyes shut. Fingers intertwining, I rest all of my weight on the railing while listening to the blacklight party raging on inside of the loft. I sharply inhale through my nose in attempt to calm myself down. 

The door leading outside to the balcony swings open. The music from the party increases, allowing me to hear the song that's currently playing. I shift my head away from them to avoid the questions of why I'm outside crying when the party is going on. I quickly wipe away the tears on my face while trying to end my tears. 

"Hey, you okay?" A male voice catches me by surprise. 

The door shuts once again. The lyrics of the song playing inside is muffled to the point of only being able to hear the beat. 

Aiden steps up to the railing. His body angled towards me while he leans against the cement railing. "Chloe?"

I tilt my head away from him, chin quivering. "I- I'm fine.." I quietly stutter. "Just needed some fresh air." I suck in a deep breath to help calm my rapid heart.

"Fresh air makes you cry?" Aiden questions with a hint of amusement heard in his voice.

I half chuckle as another tear spills out. I wipe it away with the back of my hand. With a quick step, I twist my body away from his, making my back face him. "Something like that. Why are you out here? Shouldn't you be pining after Lydia?" 

Aiden scoffs. "Is that all you think I do?"

"No," I roll my eyes. "You like to beat people up, too."

"I'm not a bad guy, Chloe."

I spin around, forgetting the fact that I was trying to hide the fact that I've been crying. "Oh, really? Because I remember beating Scott nearly to a pulp when you were trying to help him." When I had spun around, I had catch a small glimpse of Scott in the loft. My eyes end up wandering back over to him, sadness kicking in once more when I see how close to Kira he is. I bite down on the inside of my cheek. 

Aiden follows my gaze. "Fresh air, huh?"

I sniffle. I angle my head down towards my boots, squeezing my eyes shut. Ever since the four of us arrived at the party, Kira has been sticking way too close to Scott for my liking. Scott hasn't even noticed how Kira would grab his arm or stand way to close to him when the party became a little too much. He didn't even notice when I tried to grab his attention or when I had enough and came outside. 

It was like I became invisible to him. 

"It doesn't matter." I mumble. I turn back to the railing and stare out at the town of Beacon Hills. 

"He made you cry. It does matter." Aiden surprises me by saying.

I sneak a peek at him. "Do you actually have a heart deep down?"

Aiden cracks a smile. "Like I said, I'm not a bad guy." He turns back to the large window. "Scott's an idiot." 

I hang my head down until my forehead nearly touches my forearms on the railing. A hand finds its way to my shoulder. Aiden's way of comfort surprises me, but I don't shake his hand off. "I'm just being stupid."

"No." 

I lift my head to peer at him. 

"Scott shouldn't put you through this, not after everything you've been through." Aiden continues to surprise me with his words. I give him a strange look. "If you tell anyone about me being nice, I'll deny it."