3

Peter

"Yes ma'am I'll have rent ready in 3 days. Thank you. Uh-I'm-I'm sorry again. I won't be late again" I stutter as Mrs. Kepner looks up at me from her rocking chair.

"Don't worry about it kid. I don't even care you pay me rent. You're young. Enjoy yourself a little. You look miserable. I won't throw you out like a dog if you forget when rent is due. I'm not a witch. Even though I may look like one" She chuckle lightheartedly as I smile warmly at her.

"Trust me. It won't happen again" I reassure her as she waves her hand dismissively.

"My son is the one who cares about the money. Not me. But he can't kick you out. I own this building until the day I die. And hopefully by then you have found a better place to live kid" She smiled patting my cheek in a motherly manner.

"You remind me so much of my oldest son when he was young. You look just like him. You might be a tiny bit more handsome" She chuckles humorously as she squints up at me.

"I'll take that compliment" I teased as she held my hand. "Dinner same time tomorrow?" I asked her  as she smiles yet again, a dimple on her left cheek.

"Yes my boy. And I'll pay this time. No wonder you can't pay rent, if you're feeding me everyday" She chuckles as I laugh with her.

"Don't worry about it. Its my pleasure" I tell her as she rolls her eyes at me. " And you're just as stubborn as he was too. I'm paying. That's my final word" She insists as pats my back.

"Just this once" I tell her as she grins. "Don't tell me what to do. I got money. I would pay for your company if that's what it took" She tells me a bit more serious now and I frowned.

"Well you don't have to. I love hanging out with you Mrs. Kepner" I tell her as she chuckles.

"You must really have no friends if you hang out with me every night Peter" She tells me as we both slowly walk towards her front door.

"You're my friend" I tease as she laughs. "That's lame. I'm 72 years old and you're like 16" She tells me.

"I'm 18. Closer to 19" I correct her as she chuckles. "You're still a baby" She tells me as I roll my eyes at her.

"See you tomorrow Mrs. Kepner" I bid her goodbye as she smiles at me.

"See you tomorrow Peter" She tells me as I walk towards the elevator.

As I walk towards my apartment, I think about earlier this evening. I followed Ned and MJ home again and I know I shouldn't do that. I know I should just cut them from life completely but I still care about them and want them safe even if its from afar.

MJ and Ned dropped off some donuts at the place May used to work at. Part of me wants to believe that MJ knows deep down that FEAST means something. But I know that I'd just be lying to myself.

But a little part still hopes that she knows I love her. Even if she doesn't know who I am. I've noticed some minor changes to our reality since I was wipe from existence. The first one being that Ned and Betty never broke up. It hurts me to know that I was ultimately the reason they broke up. It's pretty self explanatory. As soon as I was removed from the equation, they got together.

MJ is different. A lot more friendly, a lot more happy. I know she had to worry about me all the time. I dimmed her light but I'm happy she's allowing others to see the way I've always seen her. She actually got accepted into Harvard (or rather offered to attend) but she decline, choosing to go to MIT with Ned instead.

They both got full- scholarships. I was not surprised about that. They're geniuses. Any institution would be lucky enough to have them. But I am beyond thrilled for them. I know MJ was working overtime to save enough money for college expenses.

I haven't seen MJ with anyone yet, which I know I shouldn't be, but I am happy about. I don't know how I would cope knowing she was with someone else. Even though it's not like she would remember dating me anyways.

Part of me wishes that I had told her I loved her that day. But she made promise not to tell her until I saw her again. Now I'll never get to tell her.

As I make my way to my bedroom, I change into a pair of pjs and lay down on my twin size bed. I stare at the ceiling as I feel the cool breeze from my opened window seep through. I take a couple of deep breaths as I hear cars honking and people screaming, laughing, and crying in the apartment complexes. I tune them out as I focus on my own heartbeat.

"I miss you May" I mumbled under my breath as I close my eyes and picture her shouting from the kitchen that dinner was ready. Her silhouette lingering by my bedroom door as she knocks on it softly even though it was already wide open. "Pete" I could hear her voice call out to me.

I could feel tears running down the side of face as I open my eyes and I am greeted with the darkness of the night in an empty room. My bedroom door still wide open but no May leaning against its frame.

***

Hey Spideys!

Another tough day for Peter Parker. What do you all think?

Comment. Vote. Let's chat!

With love,

breebaqbooks