26

Isabel

"Wanda!!! I'm home" I yelled at the top of my lungs as I unlocked my front door with Davina trailing behind me. "And I brought a friend" I added quickly so that she didn't treat Davina as an intruder and shove her up against a wall or something.

"Oh hey Isa! I thought you two were going tagging laser" She tells me as she walks down stairs and I shrugged.

"It's called laser tagging and I wanted to keep you company. Plus, I am so exhausted after spending a whole day as a guest speaker at M.I.T" I explain as she smiles at me.

"You're famous" She teases bumping into me playfully as I laugh a little. "Well how I could I not be? Look at me." I counter with a small grin as Davina coughs loudly to grab our attentions.

Our eyes divert towards her. " Davina this is Wanda. Wanda this is my best friend Davina" I introduce the two of them as Dav rolls her eyes at me.

"Hi! You can call me Dav" She says with a super wide smile as she goes for a hug. Wanda flinches back making Dav stop half way.

"Oh I'm sorry. I'm a hugger. I should've asked for consent" Dav apologizes as Wanda shakes her head.

"No no. It's okay. I was just startled" Wanda explains with a small smile as I rubbed her back comfortingly.

"We bought some pizza" I said softly as Dav shakes the pizza box from my other side.

"Oh yay" Wanda squeals.

"There is a new Iron Man/ Tony Stark series. It's a ten episode documentary narrated by Happy" Wanda says excitedly as she grabs some drinks for us along with a couple of others snacks before we made our way to the theater room.

I grabbed a couple of things from her arms fearing that they would fall over. "From Happy's perspective? Well that's definitely new. It's about time" I agreed as we laid out all the snacks while Dav tried to set up the doc-series.

After huffing and cussing under her breath for about five minutes, she gave up and threw the remote control at me. " I can't get this stupid thing to work" She declares as I smile up her from my seat.

"That's because you need to turn on the projector" I informed her as I get up and go plug everything into place.

After a couple minutes of fidgeting with the projector, the black screen revealed a quick trailer.

Dav and Wanda cheered, clapping for me as I bowed with a small smile "Thank you. Thank you" I replied grinning at them.

"Who needs a technical support when we got one right here." Wanda teases as Dav and I both laugh.

We quickly got comfortable, leaning down next to each other, as we hit play. Out of the corner of my eyes, I caught a glimpse of Wanda with a sad smile on her face.

"You're okay?" I mumbled towards her and she nods. "Tony made a lot of mistakes. But he was a good man" She whispers in sadness and I squeeze her hand empathetically.

+++

"Tony. Everyone knows Tony was a hero."  Happy narrates as several  images of Tony flash in an introduction.

"But people often forget he was a person too" Happy adds as a video begins playing showing who I'm assuming was Happy doing a very horrible camera work.

"Oh come Haps. You gotta have something. You're always with her. You're practically her right-hand man." A younger looking Tony insisted trying to walk around the camera  but Happy kept the camera pointed at his face.

Tony tried snatching it from him but Happy kept dodging him. "I'm not a snitch. Whatever she says about you stays between Pepper and me" Happy voices as Tony gasped dramatically.

"You're turning on me? I'm your friend here Happy. Eight years and counting." Tony countered raising his eyebrow at him.

"And as your friend I'm telling you to man up and ask her yourself" Happy sasses as Tony narrows his eyes at him.

"I don't handle rejection. I have you for that. So tell me, does Pepper Potts have the hots for me?" Tony asked raising his eyebrows suggestively with a playful grin.

"I don't know. If you ask her, you'll know." Happy tells him and Tony laughs throwing a fisted rolled up paper at the camera.

"Man. Even if she rejects me, she's worth it. Damn it Happy. I think she's the one." Tony confesses looking at the camera shyly with rosy cheeks.

"Oh man. You're blushing. I'm glad I got this on tape" Happy laughs as the video fades out with echoes of Tony laughing in the background.

"So here is story of  my friend." Happy finishes his introduction with a small and emotional undertone.

"Proof that Tony Stark has a Heart" He announces as the title is detailed on the screen.

+++

We could only get through the 45 second introduction before hitting pause as we blinked back the tears.

"I think we will need tissues" Dav announces standing her seat as she exits to go grab some.

"Are you sure you want to watch this Wanda?" I asked her softly as I notice her slightly irritated eyes.

"I'm sure. He saved the world. He saved me more than once. And even though it took me a while to acknowledge it. I have him to thank for that." Wanda tells me padding her cheeks with her long sleeve.

"We should probably try eating before we loose our appetite" I suggest opening the pizza book as she offers me a weak smile.

"I do love pepperoni pizza" Wanda teases.

Wanda has lost some many people in her life.  I don't know where she finds her will or strength.

***

Hello Spideys! 🕷🕸🖤

So, what did you think? Any theories?

Comment. Vote. Let's talk!

With love,

breebaqbooks