23

Peter

"Welcome to M.I.T" A friendly guy greets me shaking my hand as I smile at him. "Thank you" I reply as we make our way to the registrar office so I can get an visiting pass.

"Please stand here and smile at the camera" A person instructed as I did as I was told.

"Alright. Here is your card. And you can lunch in our dining hall. Ezekiel will show you around" A girl with curly hair explains as she hands me my badge with a picture and name.

"Thank you so much" I tell her as Ezekiel bids her goodbye. "So M.I.T is one of your aspiring universities?" He asks me as we walk through some halls.

"Uh-yeah. Well hopefully, I'm considering applying but I'm still not one hundred percent sure" I lied as he claps his hands excitedly.

"Well let me help you see why M.I.T is the best choice for you" He assures patting my back.

"Oh wait. Uh-give me a second man" Ezekiel tells when his eyes follow a student. "Yeah sure" I shrugged looking down at the brochure in my hands.

"MJ! Wait up!" He calls out patting my back as he walks passed me.  I look up instantly and look over my shoulder as Ezekiel wraps his arms around my MJ in a hug.

"Hey you" He greets softly as she smiles greeting him warmly. "Touring today?" She asks in a light tone looking behind him in curiosity.

"You know it" He teases as she chuckles smiling up at him.  "Peter! Come here man" Ezekiel calls out motioning me over. I walk slowly up to him.

"Donut guy. Hey!" MJ greets recognizing my face and I offer her a small smile. "Hey" I greeted easily as she looks back to Ezekiel.

"You two know each other?" Ezekiel asks lightly with a genuine smile. "well not really. A client from the donut shop I used to work at back home" MJ explains truthfully.

"Oh well that's so cool. Life is full of surprises" Ezekiel replied looking over at me.

"Well Peter this Michelle Jones. Goes by MJ. My girlfriend" He introduces with an easy smile as he pulls her close to him and she wrapped her arms loosely around his waist.

I zoned out. I could hear their mouths moving. I knew they were talking to me. But all that echoed in my head were the words 'my girlfriend'

"Peter?" Ezekiel asks me as he pulls away from MJ in concern trying to reach out for me but I flinched back.

"Uh-sorry"  I replied as he raises his hands up while taking a step back. "You okay man?" He asks softly as I nod my head.

"Yeah. I'm-I'm fine. Sorry." I replied looking over at MJ who was eyeing me with her eyes narrowed.

"Well let's get this started? Babe wanna tag along?" He asks her grabbing her hand and caressing it affectionally.

"Yeah. I don't have class for another hour" She tells us with a small smile as Ezekiel brings her hand up to his lips and kisses it softly.

"Wanna grab lunch together later then?" He whispers in her ear. I could feel my blood boiling. All I wanted to do was rip him off of her and pounce his head against the concrete.

"Sounds amazing" She replies pecking his lips for less than a second.

I want to kill him. I wanna beat him up and leave him bleeding in an janitor's closet somewhere.

"Peter?" a soft voice called out to me from behind. I snapped my head over my shoulder to identify who was calling me.

"What are you doing here?" She asks me leaning her body sideways to get some answers.

"Isa" I replied also startled by her presence.

"Hi" Isabel greeted by waving her hand to both Ezekiel and MJ.

"I'm looking forward to your lecture" Ezekiel voiced in excitement as Isa chuckles looking down at her hands shyly.

"Our best guest speaker yet" MJ adds as Isabel thanks them.

"You're a guest speaker here? Why?" I questioned scrunching up my face in confusion.

"Why? She's a freaking genius." MJ teases looking at me like I had grown two heads.

"Uh right" I replied my cheeks heating up in embarrassment as I scratched the back of neck nervously.

My eyes landed on their intertwined hands together and my heart ached at the sight.

"What are you doing here?" Isabel asks me walking closer to my side as she follows my gaze.

"Oh" She mumbled under her breath in recognition.

"I came here for a campus tour.  Because I wanted to apply here remember?" I lied looking towards her as she follows along.

"Oh right. I forgot your tour was today. I forgot to text you this morning baby. I'm sorry" She lies as she leans close to me linking arms with me and leaning her head on my shoulder.

I narrow my eyes at her cuddliness before I shifted my gaze back onto MJ seeing her wyes widen in shock by Isa's affection.

"If you're with Isabel Castillo, you will most definitely get in" Ezekiel comments with a side smirk.

"My boyfriend doesn't need me to get him in, his work and effort speak for themselves" Isa retorted bitterly in my defense.

"uh-no-I-I didn't mean that way" Ezekiel justifies with an awkward smile looking down at MJ in alarm.

"Sometimes Eze rants when he's excited and all of us at M.I.T have been anticipating your lecture for weeks now" MJ speaks on his behalf making me clench my jaw in anger.  She's defending him.

"Well next time choose your words more wisely. I'd hate to have to talk to the dean about student behavior" Isa suggests with an innocent smile.

"What is that suppose to mean?" MJ snaps back narrowing her eyes at Isa.

"You're smart. Figure it out" Isa retorts in the same tone.

"Why don't I give you a tour babe? The Dean herself gave me one a couple years back and I have impeccable memory" Isabel suggests as she glares at Ezekiel.

"Do you mind?" I asked Ezekiel kindly and he shakes his head. "By all means. Go ahead. I still get paid" He jokes and I laugh half-heartedly.

Well coming here was a terrible idea....

***

Hello Spideys! 🕷🕸🖤

So, what did you think? Any theories?

Comment. Vote. Let's talk!

With love,