17

Isabel

"I'm Peter Parker" Peter introduces himself as my breaths began normalizing and vision began clearing.

" And that's suppose to mean something to me?" She snaps as her eyes began to glow red.

"I-I use to work with-with you" He stutters as Wanda laughs dryly.

"I'd think I would remember if we had Peter Parker" Wanda mocks as she glares down at me.

"So stop lying to me and tell me who sent you" She asks again looking back at him as she lifts him in the air.

"Let him go!" I yell trying to stand but failing as my knees buckled under me.

"Stand down. You'll only hurt yourself" Wanda suggested bitterly turning her attention back on Peter.

"I-I'm telling the truth. I-I swear..." Peter declared as Wanda set him back down.

"Let me explain" Peter added looking up at her as Wanda nods in agreement.

"You know Doctor Strange right?" Peter asks her as she looks at him impatiently.

"Briefly. Only by association" She replies challenging him to continue.

"I got into some trouble several months back. I opened an astral bridge between universes. People call it a multiverse" He explains as Wanda eyes him oddly.

"Multiverse?" She echoes nervously making me eye in her in curiosity.

Why the anxiousness over it?

" In order to fix the realm of reality, Doctor Strange executed a spell that would force everyone to forget my existence. Peter Parker. It was the only way I could keep everyone safe. The very few people I had left" He recalls staring her pleadingly.

"Oh my god" She mumbles relaxing her body and finally releasing her hold on him.

"Peter...Parker" Wanda says under her breath with a knowing realization as she looks back up and approaches him.

Peter flinches back for a second before Wanda knelt down to help him to his feet. "I'm so so sorry Peter-I-I forgot about you" She tells him as she hugs him tightly as he hesitantly hugs her back.

"It was blank until you explained everything. Like suddenly everything and all these memories came flooding back" She mumbles as she pulls him at arms length.

"You've got a lot of explaining to do Pete" She scolds him with a stern expression. He nods softly as his gaze found me.

"Isa. You okay?" He asked in concern as he jogs a couple steps towards me.

"I'm-I'm fine" I muttered as he grabs my arm to carefully lift me up to my feet. I winced in pain as I put pressure on my left foot.

"What?" Peter stepped back to scan me more carefully. "I-I think I twisted my ankle" I tell him looking down at me foot.

"I'm sorry I thought you were undercover with S.H.I.E.L.D" Wanda apologized coming towards us as I glared at her.

"If you had let us talk for two damn minutes before throwing me in a tree all of this could've been avoided" I snapped angrily at her as she rolls her eyes at my attitude.

"You're the one on my territory" She challenged me as I scoffed. "Yeah well I doubt we were legally trespassing since technically this forest is a natural reserve and belongs to the government" I retorted back looking at her expectantly.

"Stop arguing please" Peter muttered in my ear as I clenched my jaw shutting up.

"I really sorry about your ankle. I am not normally an aggressive person" Wada explains as I roll my eyes.

"I doubt it" I mumbled under my breath while Peter gave me discrete glare silently asking me to behave myself.

"So where do you live now? You know after everything with Thanos?" Peter asked her as Wanda stares down at her hands.

"I live here" She waves her hands in front of her as Peter and me look at each other in confusion.

"You mean somewhere around here?" Peter rephrased as Wanda chuckled. "No Peter I mean here" She tells him pointing to nothing in particular.

"All I see is bushes and trees and I know I'm not the only one" I speak up as Peter mumble in agreement.

Wanda waves her hands in front of her and out of thin air a cabin house appears right before our eyes.

"What the-" I mumbled in shock at what I was seeing. "Wow" Peter reacted simultaneously.

"That's why I couldn't find you" I added everything making sense.

"Yes" She confirms. "Come on in" She offers as she walks up towards house.

"Here. Let me help you" Peter tells me as he looks down at my swollen ankle. He squats down "hop on my back" he instructs and I do so carefully.

He swiftly walks us up the stairs while Wanda held the door open for us.

"Do you like tea?" She asks us as we shrugged indifferently.

"So Peter. I'm guessing you're not just visiting an old friend" Wanda gets straight to the point as she hands us some herbal tea.

I stirred it but didn't drink from it. Who knows if the herbs she used are actually poisoned.

Peter on the other hand sipped the tea freely with no care in the world.

As Wanda turns her back to us, I elbow him but he shrugged cluelessly. I tug the tea cup from his hand and set it down on the small around table.

"If I wanted to kill you, I wouldn't need herbs to do so" Wanda tells me as she sits down in front of us in a small rocking chair.

"Well do you blame me for being skeptical?" I snapped setting down my cup on the table bitterly.

"No. I don't. I would probably do the same thing" She said slowly her with an accent I didn't register before.

" I use an American accent with strangers" She adds as I stare at her perplexed.

"You can read minds too" I recognized as she chuckles.

"Yes. I'm sorry. Old habits die hard" She teases as I look over at Peter who offered her a small smile.

"So would you mind telling me why you're here? Or would I need to read your mind too?" Wanda asks looking over at Peter.

"No need. I'll tell you everything you wanna know" Peter replies sincerely leaning back on the small couch.

"Great. Start from the beginning" She offers as she takes a small sip from her tea

***

Hello Spideys! 🕷🕸🖤

So, what did you think? Any theories?

Comment. Vote. Let's talk!

With love,

breebaqbooks