14

🖤Follow me: breebaqbooks 🖤

Isabel

"Are you sure you know how to drive?" I asked pulling to the side of the road so we could swap places.

"I do know how to drive Isa. Relax" He assures me as I put the car on park. "I'm trusting my life with you Parker" I warn him as we get out of the vehicle.

He made himself comfortable, adjusting the set and the mirrors to his comfort. "We should drive 2 more hours. There is a motel called Sweet Dreams. And we could spend the night there and get some rest" I tell him as he nods pulling back on the road.

"And how far away are we anyways. We've been driving for like 5 hours now" He tells me as I roll my eyes at his wording.

"We sounds like too many people. I've been driving for 5 hours" I remind him as he chuckled nodding his head. "Sorry. I meant you" He teases as I grin at him.

"Like I said, I don't know where exactly per say. But she's in the middle of forest looking place so it will take us a while to find her" I tell him for the 10th time.

"What if we can't find her?" He asked frowning at me while I stare out my window.

"We will find her" I assured him looking towards him.

"Our Spidey tingle will lead us there. I'm sure of it" I tease him making him laugh lightly at my lame joke.

"You might not be wrong" He agrees with me as I chuckle. "I was joking but alright" I chuckle pulling the windows down to enjoy some fresh air.

"It's so peaceful here. No wonder Wanda chose this place" I tell him as the wind tangled my hair.

"It's definitely different from New York. I'm so use to hearing chaos that the quiet is a gift" Peter tells as I nod.

"It's not as chaotic in Boston, but the stillness of this place is so refreshing" I agree leaning my head against my sit.

"My grandma would've loved it here" I mumbled looking down at my hands for a brief second before looking out the window again.

"Aunt May loved travelling. She was actually a flight attendant when she was young, before meeting my uncle Ben. She travelled to a lot of places. She made  scrap book filled with a bunch of pictures actually. I still have it. " He tells me with a small smiling.

"Well it sounds like she was an adventurous spirit" I smiled at him as he chuckles. "Oh trust me. She definitely was. And she had the biggest heart. A heart of gold doesn't even do her justice" He tells me making me chuckle lightly.

"I get it. My grandma was the exact same way. Always helping others. She trusted people too quickly and I was the opposite" I scoffed in humor as he laughs.

"Abandonment issues" He declares as I snap my head in his direction. "My parents died too. So, I get it. It's hard to let people in. But if they're the right kind, it's worth it. Trust me" He encourages as I laugh.

"I guess I just never thought I was worth it. But that's another story all together. Tell me more about your friends." I urge him as I pull my knees close to my chest in anticipation.

"Well its a long story, but I'll tell it" He teases as I sink further into my seat for comfort.

****

"Wait so you're telling me that MJ figured out you were Spider-Man? In Europe?" I laugh as I munch on some chips while handing him some as well.

"I know. Well I'm not the best at keeping secrets either so it made it easier for her to find out" He tries to justify as I roll my eyes at him.

"Or MJ is simply a genius" I add as he chuckles nodding his head. "Well yeah there is also that. I had no chance" He tells me as I smile at him.

"I think that MJ can't just forget everything you two have been through. There has to be a small part of her that feels something missing. And you have to tell her Peter. Tell her who you are and what she means to you" I encourage as I shove our snacks into a trash bag to keep the car clean.

"I want to. I really do Isa. But knowing me is like a curse" He reasons vulnerably.

"I can't speak for everyone else in your life. But these past months working this mystery together have been one of the highlights of my life. And have very few of them" I reply with a tender smile as I throw a chip bag at his face to lighten the mood.

He catches it with ease never once flinching or diverting his eyes from the road. "Thanks. You practically devoured all the other snacks all on your own" He teases as I gasped smacking the arm closes to me.

"On a serious note, I do appreciate our alliance. It's the closest thing I have to a friendship" I tell him honestly as he smiles with pity in his eyes.

"It's a friendship. Use your words Isa. It's a F-R-I-E-N-D-S-H-I-P" He teases looking over his shoulder grinning playfully at me.

"I'm grateful for our friendship Parker. Happy?" I roll my eyes at him as he chuckles at my childishness.

"Your friendship means a lot to me too. You've made this year a lot more bearable" He admits me making me burst our laughing.

" When did our car ride turn into a heart- to-heart therapy session?" I ask giggling at our corniness.

"I think it's lack of sleep" He smiles making my laugh harder.

"I've only managed to sleep 3 hours in the last 48 hours" I admit in all honesty as he laughs "we're in delirium." I concluded.

"At least we've finally arrived" He announces pulling into the motel's parking area.

"Thank God. I need to shower" I sigh in relief as he turns off the car ignition.

"Let's go get checked in" He agrees pulling our bags out of the trunk.

***

Hello Spideys! 🕷🕸🖤

So, what did you think? Any theories?

Comment. Vote. Let's talk!

With love,

breebaqbooks