13

🖤  Follow me: breebaqbooks   🖤

Peter

" To all the passengers boarding flight 302. A very warm welcome to New Zealand. Today is a very nice and sunny day, serving us at a loving 26 C. Perfect weather for tourist spots. Baggage claim will be located in  area 3B" A flight attendant greeted warmly as Isa stirred by my side at all the noise.

"Why is everyone so freaking loud?" She whined covering her ears and squinting her eyes at the bright light.

"We're a loud species" I tease looking down at her does some light stretching from her seat.

"Do you know how to drive?" She asks me as the seatbelt sign vanished indicating everyone could stand from their seats.

"Uh yeah. Aunt May taught me on and off the past couple of years" I tell her as sadness washed over me at the mention of her name.

"You have an aunt? I didn't know" She responds looking towards me in shock.

"I had. She died almost a year ago" I tell her and as frowns. "I'm sorry Peter" She offers her condolences placing a hand on my shoulder. "I lost my grandma a couple years ago and its about the hardest thing I've had to go through" She adds sighing sadly as she drops her hand from its previous stance.

"Wanda is living in a very isolated area. In the middle of nowhere. So, I have a rough sketch of the area but not her exact location" She informs me as we pick up our belongings and walk out of the airplane together.

"Have a nice stay" a flight attended greeted and we mumbled a quick 'thank you' in return while walking out.

" So I rented a car. I think we should do a little bit of driving and then spend the night at a random motel so that we don't waste time" She adds as we look for our baggage station.

"Over there" I point as I grabbed her upper arm towards 3B.

"Can we at least get food before we start our hunt?" I ask her as we pull over duffle bags from the rotating compartment.

"Fine. Let's look for a restaurant that's headed in the direction we're meant to follow" She agrees as we cross baggage check and pass customs protocols without any inconveniences.

"I thought they weren't gonna let us through" I mumbles as we walk towards the car rental stationary.

"Let you through you mean?" She teases as we walk up towards the receptionist. We greeted her warmly before Isabel proceeded to check out our car.

"I rented a Jeep Wrangler. Name is Gwen Stacey" She tells her as the female nodded her head typing away on her computer.

"Gwen Stacey. A 2019 Jeep Wrangler. Tank is full. When returned please fill the tank. Otherwise, we will cash it out of filing credit card" She informs her going to a back area and returning seconds later with set of car keys.

"Here you go. Welcome to New Zealand" She bids us goodbye as a couple behind us step forward to get their own car.

"Let's go then" She says shaking the keys in front of my face with a smile.

"Can we explore the sceneries as we drive down to Wanda's place?" I asked her pouting like a little child.

"we can stop now and again to take some pictures. But we gotta stay focused. Remember Pete gave you 6 months to find a way to fix everything you've started. And your big plans with Doctor Strange didn't go all that well the last time I remember" She points out as we loaded our bags in the trunk and got in.

"Doctor Strange doesn't remember me" I tell her as she rolls her eyes. "And Wanda won't remember either" She tells me.

"But maybe she'll be more willing to help?" I offered as she turns on the ignition.

" Let's hope. Otherwise, we would've waste 15k" She tells me as my eyes widen in horror.

"fifteen thousand dollars" I exclaimed as she pulled out of the airport.

"You thought we would spend 5 dollars?" She teases looking over her shoulder.

"Make yourself useful and look for a restaurant" She adds as she looks over her map.

"And relax. My parents left me a lot of money before their tragic deaths. At least now I'm spending the money the left behind. I haven't dared used it until now" she tells me with a sad smile.

"I didn't feel like I was worthy of spending their money. So, when I was in college, I would work 2 part-time jobs to cover for the expenses my scholarship didn't cover" She tells me as she switches lanes and speeds up the tiniest bit.

"I'll pay you back. Split it half and half" I reassured her as she laughs.

"Please don't. I have to start living a little. I've never been out of the country. And New Zealand isn't a bad place to start. Just forget about it and find me a place to eat. Please" She tells me as I roll my eyes playfully and look for a good restaurant nearby.

"There is one about 30 minutes away from here" I tell her as she nods. "That's fine."

"I just really hope we get to find your friend" She tells me looking over at me.

"She's not my friend. More of an acquittance" I remind her as she chuckles.

"And if she doesn't remember you?" She asks me biting her lip nervously.

"She manipulates reality. I'm hoping she's immune" I tell her in all honesty sighing equally as distressed.

" Maybe the astral laws of reality and whatever else don't apply to her" She adds trying to encourage us.

"Excatly" I agree. "But for now, let's focus on finding her house and worry about everything else as it comes" She tells me and smile gratefully at her.

"Thanks for coming and helping me out with everything these past couple of months" I thank her looking at her and she gives me a small smile.

"It's not like I have a family to go to. I can do whatever I want. Even go to Zealand overnight without telling anyone" She teases as I frown.

"I wish my friends were here" I tell her looking down at my hands.

"When we figure this out, Ned and MJ will remember you" She comforts me with a small smile.

"And if we can't break the spell?" I challenged as she sighs. "Then you will make them remember you" She tells me and I nod.

"I don't think I should" I tell her as she shakes her head. "I don't think you should choose for them. Let them decide whether they want to believe you or not" She tells me and I bit my lip anxiously.

"What if they get hurt?" I tell her scared at the possibility.

"You should give them the choice" She tells me again. "I would hate to be kept in the dark about forgetting my boyfriend. And by what you tell me about MJ, it looks like she would beat your ass up, if you ever gave up" She adds giving me a pointed look as I nod.

"You're right. Regardless of what happens here. I'll tell them. When I get, I will tell them who I am" I concluded with a smile on my face.

***

Hello Spideys! So, what did you think? Any theories?

Comment. Vote. Let's talk!

With love,

breebaqbooks