27

Peter

I came back home close to 12am with the biggest smile on my face. It all felt like old times and even though Ezekiel's presence irritated me beyond words, I was beyond happy to spend time with Ned and MJ.

God. Every time I'd see her smile or laugh, my stomach would turn upside down.

I have all of their phone numbers. And I've already started texting Ned. It was so easy to slip back into our old flow. It feels like not a day had passed and I've missed him so freaking much.

I obviously can't just text MJ randomly. Specially since she has a...boyfriend...or whatever. If I text her, he might tell her to block me and never speak to me again and I can't risk that happening. Not when I just got them back.

I need to make sure whenever the time comes for her to choose between us, that she will choose me and not him. And I'm definitely not feeling too confident about that right now.

I unlock the door quietly with the spare key Isa gave me a couple a days back and tried to make as little noise as humanly possible.

I could feel that there were people down the hall which perked my curiosity. Shouldn't they be upstairs by this hour?

As I entered the theater, through the dim lighting, I could make out three slim figures cuddled up on the long cozy couch close to each other.

All of them were fast asleep, I could tell by their steady rhythm. "Peter?" A soft voice called.

"Yeah. It's me" I told her softly and Wanda nodded leaning back down as Isabel stirred beside her opening her eyes as her gaze fixated on me.

She narrowed her eyes at me irritably looking away from me. "Dav. Hey. Wake up" Isabel mumble softly shaking her softly. Davina groaned lowly sinking further into the couch while snuggling closer to Isabel.

"Dav. Wake up" Isa said a little louder trying to push her off of her. But Dav didn't budge and just cuddled closer.

"Wanda" Isabel groaned with a pout. "I got her" Wanda replied lifting Davina into the air slowly using her powers with ease.

"Drop her into the one of the free guest rooms that are left" Isabel suggests. "You sure you don't want me to drop her off in your room. She gives warm snuggles" Wanda teases as Isa rolls her eyes.

"Yeah. And she happens to kick and talk in her sleep too. No thanks" Isabel adds as Wanda chuckles lightly.

"I'll pick these up, okay? You deal with my sleeping beauty" Isabel teased as Wanda laughs.

"Your friend is a heavy sleeper" Wanda observes as Isabel smiles at Davina's flying figure.

"She sleeps through fire alarms" She points out grabbing some trash from the center table and walking out without sparring a second glance.

"What did you do?" Wanda mumbled sternly looking over at me. "We had a minor disagreement. It's nothing. Just drop it" I mumbled defensively as she rolls her eyes.

"You two were suppose to make up not fight even more" Wanda reasons as I shrugged my shoulders indifferently.

"I'm tired and don't have the bandwidth to deal with your stubbornness. Good night Peter" Wanda bids goodbye as she leaves me alone in the theater room.

I could hear Isa's small footsteps returning and I shove my hands into my front pockets.

"You need help?" I mumbled as she silently picked up more trash.

"I don't need you" She retorted in a bitter tone. "Can we just call truce Isa? Please. I'm tired of fighting" I suggest just above a whisper.

"Whatever. I honestly don't care anymore" She sighs in tiredness. It almost sounded like she was hurt?

She picks up the last of the trash before leaving again. I follow her out this time making sure to turn off the light in the theater room.

"I didn't do anything. So why the hell are you so mad at me?" I countered walking into the kitchen as she throws the trash away.

"You called truce. Okay? Just drop it already Peter" She snapped angrily as she fisted her hands in irritation.

"Good night" She barked out trying to walk around me to go upstairs but I blocked her.

"Peter" She snarked looking away from me. "Talk to me" I emphasized as she bounces from one foot to another.

"I'm done talking to you. It gets us nowhere. Just forget about it" She replies walking around me shaking her head.

"Isa" I begged grabbing her upper arm to pull her back. "I'm exhausted. I've had a long day. And I have to get a lot done tomorrow. So, like I said, good freaking night Parker" She sighs moving out of my grasp.

"No. What did I do?" I pushed following her upstairs as she groaned slamming her door shot right in front of me.

I rolled my eyes before twisting the knob open. "Did I hurt your feelings?" I asked as she sits at the edge of her bed.

"You're being so difficult. Can't you just respect my boundaries as I am respecting yours?" She snapped glaring at me as she stands to her feet crossing arms.

"What are your boundaries? Huh? I'm in the dark here trying to understand you in your silence. But I can't do it on my own so tell me Isabel" I expressed desperately coming to stand face to face as I stare down at her.

And it is at this point that my whole world flips upside down...

"I lied to you. I've been lying to you since the first day I met you. Okay? I needed you to find Wanda. It is her I need, not you. My parents died when I was young and I can't remember a single thing but the fact that they died." She blurts out out of thin air as I furrowed my eyebrows in disbelief.

"And then my grandma dies and all of a sudden I realize certain patterns in my life. Coincidences that seem forced rather than natural occurrences. And I couldn't make sense of any of it. Until everything that happened with you." She continues looking down at her hands in shame.

We stayed silent for a while as she fidgeted with her hands. I was still trying to process all this new information. I lifted her chin up gently to see her in the eyes. But she diverted her gaze from mine rather quickly.

"You used me?" I mumbled sadly incapable of truly understanding her confession.

"Yes. And that's why we gotta stop. Stop the whole friendship thing. It's-it's fake and you deserve real friends. Like Ned and MJ. And now you have them back. So-so we can stop. You have what you want all along and I got what I wanted" She tells me blinking rapidly while pulling away from me.

"And you think I'm just gonna buy all that crap? No. You've been lying to me this entire time. And now you're telling our entire friendship is bullshit?" I counter grabbing her wrist a little harsher than I would've liked.

She hissed in pain as I pulled her close. "We can't be friends anymore Peter. We just can't okay? You'll get hurt or worse. And-and you just started to get your life back. Don't you understand? I'm doing this for you. Take the out" She exclaims desperately with begging eyes as she tries to yank her wrist from my hold.

"Stop fighting me" I retorted with a firm grip but not enough to hurt her this time.

What the hell just happened? And what is it that she is so damn scared of? Why does she want to run away?

***

Hello Spideys! 🕷🕸🖤

So, what did you think? Any theories?

Comment. Vote. Let's talk!

With love,

breebaqbooks