22

Peter

Okay so maybe I was a little rude to Isabel. I was definitely rude to her. But with good reason. What she did was uncalled for and beyond inconsiderate.

I would never ever put her in a situation like that. So even though I do feel bad, I feel justified in my natural reaction.

"She's out again?" Wanda asked softly as she walks into the kitchen as I was pouring milk unto a serving bowl. I nodded with a small "yes" putting the milk carton back in the fridge.

"I'm sure she'll come around" Wanda assures me as I roll my eyes indifferently.

"I should be the one avoiding her for what she did. Instead, she's the one acting all butt-hurt" I complain shoving a full spoon of cereal in my mouth.

"You were really mean" Wanda points out as I chuckle dryly. " I wasn't going to exactly thank her was I now?" I counter as she nods her head in understanding.

"I know but she was just trying to help you. She cares about you and she did it to finally see you happy" Wanda tells me as I frown slowly chewing my cereal.

"I'll talk to her eventually. Or whenever she decides to grace me with her presence." I retort bitterly as Wanda sighs irritably.

"With that attitude neither of you will get anywhere" Wanda tells me giving me a pointed look as she shakes her head in disappointment.

"I wasn't the one who started all of this. She should've guessed that I wasn't gonna be pleased by her plan" I complain looking over my shoulder towards her.

"If I'm being honest Peter, I've only been around you for 3 weeks and I know why Isabel did what she did. You don't always have to sacrifice your own happiness for others. There is a world where you can be happy and still serve others" Wanda expresses coming to stand next to me.

"My aunt died for my happiness. But she was my happiness. She instilled in me everything that Spider-Man represents. He looks out for the defenseless. For the little people that society forgets exists." I explain to her as she rubs my back while wrapping her arms around my shoulders, leaning her chin on my shoulder.

"And my aunt was all of that. She was Spider-Man without needing a mask. She was a real life hero" I finished as a few tears ran down my cheeks missing her a little extra today.

"Peter. At some point you gotta start realizing that your aunt raised Peter Parker, not Spider-Man. That hero that everyone loves, exists because of the person that your aunt raised you to be." She tells me softly as I sigh looking down at my soggy cereal.

"Spider-Man cannot exist without Peter Parker. But you can live without Spider-Man. Your identity doesn't come from a suit, it comes from you" She adds with a soft smile.

Neither one of us said anything for a while. I was mostly just processing everything she so honestly told me.

"Do you know where Isabel has been going?" I asked her after a long silence to change the topic.

"Uh she's been meeting with her lawyer. She told me that she's been avoiding having her parent's will read to her but that her lawyer has insisted ever since she turned 18" Wanda tells me pulling away from her embrace and walking towards the fridge.

"And that her lawyer practically demanded her to start taking responsibility over her parents assets before they turn into a liability" She finishes as she pulls out some ingredients for breakfast I'm assuming.

"You want some pancakes?" She asks me as she turns towards me. "No I'm good. Cereal filled me up" I replied as she nods.

"I don't know where she is right now Peter" She tells me as she silently mixed some things into a bowl.

"Wanda. Boundaries." I scolded realizing she read my mind. "I'm sorry. Your thoughts were too loud" She retorts with a low chuckle.

"Isabel has managed to keep me out of her thoughts since our dinner a couple days back" Wanda declares in shock.

"I don't know how she did it but I'm impress" She praises as she looks over her shoulder.

"Maybe she can teach you her trick" She teases grinning at me as I roll my eyes at her.

"I'm going to M.I.T today" I blurt out as her grin vanishes and its replaces with a "oh".

"I thought I could get a campus tour and maybe bump into Ned" I tell her as she raises her eyebrows at me.

"And MJ" she quickly adds as I bite my bottom lip in embarrassment.

"Uh-yeah. MJ too" I confirmed as she laughs light-heartedly. "Be careful and have fun" She tells me as I nod.

"I'll see you later and please do let me know if Isabel comes back. Let her know I want to talk to her" I tell her as she nods.

"Will do" She responds as I walk away to go change out of my pajamas and get ready for campus tour.

I called two days ago to schedule a tour with one of the student organizers and registration told me a guy by the name Ezekiel would be my student leader. So, I'm really excited not just because of my friends but because M.I.T has been my dreams school for forever and I'll finally get to see it.

"I'm leaving" I called out as I put my shoes on by the front door. "Be safe!" Wanda called out distantly from the kitchen. Her voice echoed as more of silent whisper.

"Always" I replied with a smile walking out of the house and down the front porch.

I'm taking a bus there. I could swing building but I don't want to risk ending up on the newspaper. Plus, I want to be Peter Parker for once.

***

Hello Spideys! 🕷🕸🖤

So, what did you think? Any theories?

Comment. Vote. Let's talk!

With love,