25

Isabel

"You guys are so chill" Ned complimented as he pats Peter's back like he was any other friend.

"We're going to play laser tag later. You guys wanna come?" Ned asks us and Davina was the first one to speak up.

"Hell yeah" She muses happily as she tugs on my arm to accept his invitation.

"We can't leave Wanda by herself" I countered looking at Peter as his eyes widen. "I forgot about her" He mumbles as I smack his arm in her defense.

"Uh- a friend of ours is staying in town and we don't want just bail on her" Peter tells Ned.

"She could come too if she'd like" Ned suggested as we nodded. "Ok. Cool" Peter replied with a small smile.

"But we do hope you guys can make it" MJ added with a soft smile towards us. Peter immediately just melted at the sight and I couldn't help but feel slightly...betrayed?

"Why don't you go with Dav? and I'll stay with Wanda. We need some girl time anyways" I lied looking at Peter as he furrows his eyebrows together.

"Well why don't we ask Wanda if she wants to come first? And then take it from there." Peter suggests his gaze lingering on me a little longer puzzled by unwillingness to hang out with his friends.

"Fine. But we know Wanda is sensitive and I don't think shooting fake guns are particularly her thing" I argued as everyone silently listened to our back and forth discussion.

"Ok. Let's just call her and let her decide" Peter snaps a little more irritably now and I decided not to say any further to avoid an inevitably argument.

Chatter began slowly building back up around the table as I just silently sat there without saying another word. Peter pulled out his phone dialing Wanda's number.

"Hey Wanda." He greets through the phone. "No no we're fine.  We were actually going with some friends to play laser tag downtown" Peter adds and I hear some chatter on the other side of the line.

"Oh-uh yeah so laser tag is a game where people use infrared-emitting light guns to tag other friends. We all wear signaling devices that let's you if you've been tagged" Peter explains in a very friendly manner.

"No no you're not shooting people. It's just a game. It's all pretend" He explains as I roll my eyes irritably at him.

"You'll  have fun. I promise. It's not real" He assures her as she says something.

"Seriously Peter. Just drop it" I hissed under my breath as he glances at me and sighs.

"No no no it's okay Wanda. You don't have to apologize. I get it" He tells her half-heartedly as I glared at him.

"Okay. I'll see you later tonight. Bye" He says softly hanging up and turning to me.

"We will be right back" Peter tells the group as he looks down at me and then towards the exit.

I stand up and follow him out. As soon as we were out, I crossed my arms across my chest and waited for him to say something. He didn't say anything for a while. Just stared at me with a puzzled expression trying to figure me out.

"Well are we just gonna stand here all day or what?" I snapped after his staring got me irritated.

"What's going on with you?" He asks me in an accusatory tone.

"Me? Absolutely nothing" I retort bitterly scoffing at him.

"You're lying. I can sense it remember?" He snaps back snarkily as I chuckle dryly.

"Can you sense your own idiocy?" I sassed rudely as he rolls his eyes at me.

"No but I can sense your despite towards my friends" He accuses pointedly as I shake my head in opposition.

"Despite? Are you kidding me Peter?" I snapped in agitation clenching my jaw angrily.

"You're being an asshat." I declared looking through the glass walls to see all of them tentatively observing our exchange. When they realized that I noticed they were staring, they all quickly diverted their gaze back to each other, pretending to be chatting.

"I'm irritated at you for doing that to Wanda. We both know all that she has been through. Can you imagine all the times she's been cornered to gun point?" I declared glaring up at him in disbelief by his indifference.

"She's been through enough trauma as it is. And you come up with the genius idea of asking her to come join us do something that doesn't take a genius to know could be a major trigger to her PTSD" I continue my rant as he stands there with a body posture that cued he was already over the conversation.

"So now you spend every single second of your life telling what and what not to do?" He hisses lifting his hand in anger.

"Your indifference to her pain is uncanny" I accused jabbing his upper shoulder with my bony fingers.

"I don't despite your friends Peter. I was the one who helped you. You're going laser tagging with me because I push your little sorry ass to them" I spat angrily at him pushes him back.

"I'm going home and I'm gonna stay with Wanda. Go and be with your friends" I tell him taking a deep breath before turning on my heel and leaving before he got a chance to get a word out.

As I walk back to the table, I could see Davina mouth an 'are you okay?'.

"I'm sorry you guys. My lecture is an hour and I have to go set it all and make sure my presentation is impeccable. I'll see you all in the auditorium" I apologized with a small smile as I grab my bag with all my belongings.

"We will see soon" MJ replies with an awkward smile and everyone else just nodded.

"I'll come with you" Davina stated more than suggested and I nodded with a small smile.

We both walked out of the dinning hall and stayed silent for a while. I guess she wanted to give me a chance to talk but I didn't.

"Couples fight all the time you know? It's part of the whole relationship thing" Davina tried to comfort me as I chuckle.

If only she knew Peter and I were not actually dating...

"I don't want talk about it." I reply as she nodded her head with a soft "okay."

"But I do need someone to rehearse by lecture with. So its your lucky day my dear friend" I smiled at her innocently as she groans in response.

"Noooooooooooooooooooo" she whines rather dramatically stomping her foot like a child would.

"Yes yes yes yes yes" I countered pulling out my notecards as she sighed with a pout.

Why is everything becoming so complicated now?

****

Hello Spideys! 🕷🕸🖤

So, what did you think? Any theories?

Comment. Vote. Let's talk!

With love,