7

Isabel pov

It all happened so fast like magic. One moment Spider-Man's identity was being revealed and the next Peter Parker just vanished. Well at least all records of his existence. The news went radio silent.

You're probably wondering why I'm the only one that seems to remember him. And to be honest I am here looking for answers too. But hopefully what happens next helps you piece things together.

But first, let me start by saying my name isn't Davina, it is Isabel. Isabel Grace Castillo. But I wasn't just gonna blindly trust Peter even if he is a superhero.

***

"Look. I don't mean to be blunt but how exactly did you find me?" Peter asked as we crossed the hectic streets of New York.

"I'm sorta a self-taught private investigator I guess" I tell him as I come to a stop by the next cross-walk. Peter eyes me weirdly as he keeps walking. "what are you doing?" He asks me looking back at me like I grew a second head.

"Uh stopping and waiting for the light to change so I don't get run over by a car" I reason as he tracks back a couple steps and grabs my wrist. "So you're definitely not from New York." He observes as we jog pass some cars who start honking at us in opposition.

"Oh man. What gave me away? My common sense?" I teased rolling my eyes as he chuckles. "Fair enough" He laughs as he lets go of my wrist.

"I'm from the city of Boston" I tell him  slowing down as we enter a crowded area. "My friends are attending M.I.T there" He tells me with a small frown.

"And why aren't you? I mean the media painted you guys out to be the three musketeers." I tell him as I remember the endless news about them.

"Ned and MJ?" I added as he just stared at the floor.  He stays silent for what seems like a lifetime.

"Well I can't really apply to M.I.T if I don't have any school records" He mumbles looking forward again concealing his emotions.

"So why is it that you just disappeared?" I asked looking up at him. He opened his mouth to answer and just when he was about to say something, I felt something in the pit of stomach. As if on reflex, I turned around and stuck my foot out making a guy trip over his feet. A purse he had gripped tightly in his right hand landed a couple feet away from him at the sudden action.

I kneeled down applying pressure to his neck to keep him down.

"He stole my purse! He stole my purse!" A women screams from three to four blocks down. But I could hear her clearly.

"You know stealing other people's belongings is a felony" I tell him angrily as the man hisses in pain with his head on the pavement.

"I don't give a shit" He barks out trying to set himself free but I only apply more pressure. "How did you do that?" Peter whispered down to me as he comes to yank the man to his knees, pulling his wrists behind his back to keep him from escaping.

I stand back up dusting myself off and  glaring down at the thief as he smirks at me "you're hot" He flirts with me as I scoff clenching my jaw angrily. "Shut the hell up" Peter speaks on my behalf tightening his grip on the guy.

"Is she your girlfriend?" the guy asks him looking sideways at me. "Cause if she's not your girl, I want a piece of that" He tells Peter as I stare at him in disbelief. Before I could fully think it through, my fist collided with the guy's face. He let out a painful scream. I'm pretty sure I fracture his cheekbone.

"I'm not a piece of meat. But you are definitely a piece of shit" I tell him glaring down at him. I pick the stranger's purse off the floor along with some of her falling items.

The poor women comes to a halt, breathing heavily after running several blocks. "Oh swe-sweetheart th-thank you" She says breathlessly as she lays a hand on my shoulder. "Uh no problem. Are you okay? Did he hurt you?" I asked softly scanning her for any injuries.

"A few scratches here and there. Nothing too serious. I didn't go down without a fight" She chuckles as I frowned at her.

"You shouldn't have to fight" I tell her deepening my frown. My heart hammered against my chest rapidly. I felt sadness wash over me quickly as painful memories resurfaced.

"It's life kid. " She tells me as I clench my jaw nodding my head. "Right" I mumbled under my breath looking down at my shoes blinking rapidly to get my feelings under control.

Pain only makes you stronger.

"I got it from here" A cop announced tapping Peter on the shoulder. They both swapped places.

"Thank you" The cop acknowledges Peter with a smile. "It's her you should be thanking. I didn't do anything" Peter tells him pointing at me as I waved my head dismissively.

"we gotta go" I tell Peter before the cop had an opportunity to get a word out.

"Be careful." I tell the lady in front of me with a small smile as I pushed passed the crowd that had begun to gather. I felt Peter behind me not long after. He lingered in the back for a few seconds until we were in the clear.

He tugged my arm to stop me from walking. "You okay?" He asked softly. "I'm fine" I lied to him quickly.

"You have quick reflexes. Freakishly good reflexes" He points out as I swallow in nervousness.

Crap. He knows. Of course he knows.

"Adrenaline I think" I lied looking up at him as he shook his head.

"Can we just be honest with each other? You seem to know everything about and I don't know a single thing about you" He tells me as I bite my bottom lips nervously.

"Fine. I'll tell you anything you wanna know. But over breakfast cause I'm starving. And finding you has been a full-time job" I tease as he chuckles nodding his head in agreement.

"Well I am hungry so...." He tells me with a small smile.

Am  I about to have a heart-to-heart with Spider-Man?

***
Hey Spideys! 🕷🕸🖤
What do you guys think about Davina or rather Isabel? Theories anyone?

With love,

breebaqbooks