36

Peter

I laid in bed facing the ceiling as I began to finally comes to terms with the fact that Isabel was gone. I should've known better I guess. About appreciating someone while they're still with you. But now that she's gone, I feel her absence.

"Good morning" MJ greeted sleepily as she flips over to face me. She snuggles close to me as I smile down at her.

"Morning" I reply pecking her lips softly as she smiles up at me.

"How long have you been awake for?" She perks curiously as she draws small circle on my bare chest.

"a while" I admit as I play with her curls still staring at the ceiling.

"A penny for your thought" She teases after a long and quiet silence.

"I'm thinking about the day Isa reversed the spell. The day I got you back" I mumble as she stops drawing circles on my chest and instead lays her head comfortingly on me.

"What did happen anyways? I don't remember much from that day. It's all pretty foggy" MJ asks me as I run my hands through her hair gently.

"It's a long story but I'll tell it" I chuckled as MJ smiles against my bare skin.

"Isa and I were arguing like always" I began with a sad smile.

***

"I already told you it's too dangerous" I snapped angrily as she rolls her eyes at me.

"You live in danger. You thought this bridge was just gonna be a walk in the park?" She retorts irritably as she crosses her arms across her chest.

"I'm not gonna risk anything happening to Ned or MJ. End of discussion" I declared glaring down at her as she shakes her head.

"Nothing will happen to either of them. Won is here to help make sure nothing bad happens. You just gotta trust me" She assures with pleading eyes as I lower my head anxiously.

"No. I'm sorry. It's too risky. They are my friends and that's my final word" I reply as she groans in frustration.

"I'm doing this for you Peter. I get absolutely nothing out of it. You're being an utter imbecile" She tells me as she fists her hands up in the air angrily.

"This is your only chance at getting them back. I am your only chance. Take it." She tells me a little more calmly now.

"Let me try and fix it. I can do this." She adds in all seriousness.

It was silent for a while,  we just silently communicated through our eyes.

"If anything at all starts going sideways you stop this, you hear me?" I tell her sternly with a pointed look as she nods with a big smile on her face.

"Yes, yes, yes, yes." She agrees doing her little happy dance.

"Time for the world to forget who Spider-Man is and bring Peter Parker back" Isabel announces clapping her hands excitedly as she squeals.

***

"Wait, wait, wait." MJ interrupts my story time as she lifts her head up to look at me.

"So, she made everyone simply forget who is underneath that mask" She points towards my suit scattered in the corner of the room.  "Yes" I replied in one word.

"Why didn't Doctor Strange think of that?" MJ replied as a rhetorical question more than anything.

"Performance anxiety? I don't know." I teased as she laughs kissing my cheek before laying back down.