10

Peter

"Wait I'm sorry. Did you just say Peter Parker?" Isabel repeated after me looking back and forth between us.

"Do you know the theory with the multiverse?" I ask her as she sighs nodding her head. "Very vaguely. But you know, it's not true" she shrugs as I smile softly at her cluelessness.

"Except is it true. This Peter Parker" I point towards Pater #3 "and he is from a parallel universe. There are plenty of different versions of Peter Parker/ Spider-Man. He is just one of the many. I met him and another version of Peter Parker when I was fighting some villains from the multiverse" I tell her as he eyes widen in surprise.

"You're lying" She murmurs in disbelief. "I'm not" "He's not" both of us say at the same time.

"He isn't lying. I am Peter Parker. At least one version. Peter. " He calls out to me as I direct my eyes towards him.

"Oh yeah. How did you-uh-you know get here?" I ask as he was light up in excitement.

"Well after we fought together and I went back to my universe, I couldn't stop obsessing over it. So, I decided to work on a way to open a portal of my own. It took a minute but I finally did it" He said proudly with a big smile.

"Oh wow dude. That is so cool" I congratulated patting his back. "But I'm actually here to talk to you about something else" He points out a little less excited this time but his eyes twinkle just as happily.

"Oh okay. What-what happened?" I ask him softly guiding him towards our booth. Isabel eyed him suspiciously but sat back down anyways.

"I didn't know what you did after I vanished from your universe but when I came back from your universe I realized no one knew who I was. Not a single soul." He explains and I frowned murmuring an apology.

"No no no it's okay. I- I don't think I can sugar coat this. Remember Gwen? My version of your MJ?" He asks and I nod as he smiles. "When you reset reality, something happened in my universe. Gwen. She-she's alive. Maybe because the spell created a new reality where no one knew me, and well Gwen died because she knew my identity. I'm the reason she died. So, if I never existed in the first place, her death would have never happened" He reasons all in one breath as I pat his back.

"Gwen is back?" I asked him for confirmation. "Well yeah. I mean she doesn't know who I am. But I can live with that. As long as I live in a world with her I'll take anything at all" He said sighing happily.

"Wow. I mean. I don't know what to say. I'm so happy for you" I tell him with sad eyes. I wish May could come back.

"And I have you to thank for it. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't have her with me. So thank you" He tells me hugging me tightly. His eyes were watery and I felt bad for him.

"I'm happy for you" I said again rubbing his back as Isabel held back a laugh at Peter's #3 affection.

"And that's why I created the portal. To come here and thank you for giving me the best gift of life." He finishes wiping his eyes with the back of his hands.

"I didn't do anything" I smiled as he chuckles. "Maybe not intentional" Peter #3 tells me patting my back.

"when do you have to go back?" I asked him as he shrugs. "Whenever I want I guess. But I don't want to risk staying too long" He adds as I nod in understanding.

"You want to stay and have some cake?" I asked as he smiles. "I could never refuse cake" He grins as he looks over at Isabel.

"Hey! I know you" Peter tells her as she scrunches up her nose. "I don't" She snaps back defensively.

"Isabel did you follow me in here?" Peter #3 asks light-heartedly. "Follow you? You're the one that showed up in a portal" She counters looking at him in bewilderment.

"Wait so you don't know me?" He asks realization dawning on him. I observe their interaction careful. "Am I suppose to?" She challenges as he nods.

"I'm friends with you. In my universe" He tells me amazed at what he was seeing.

"You two are literal doppelgangers." He mutters under his breath. "There is a version of me in your universe?" She asked stunned by the information. If I'm being honest so was I.

"Yes. She's like my-my partner and uh- it doesn't matter. We fight along side each other every odd moon" He teases smiling at her.

"That is creepy but cool I guess" She smiles to herself as he chuckles.

"Let's finish breakfast and go get Mrs. Kepner her chocolate cake?" I encouraged looking down at my cold food.

"I agree. Uh Miss? Can I get a coffee please?" Peter #3 calls out to our waitress and she nods her head grabbing him a menu.

***

Hey Spideys!

What did you think? Any theories?

Comment. Vote. Let's chat!

With love & gratitude,

breebaqbooks