43

*Apologies for the late updates again; I am extremely busy at the moment with real life stuff. So, I naturally keep forgetting to update. But, I hope you like this chapter. Only 3 more chapters left*

Isabel

"So how are my favorite newlyweds doing?" I asked light-hardly as Ned's and Betty's back faced me.

Both both turned their heads my direction before greeting me with a smile.

"Enjoying your ice cream maker machine" Betty giggled teasingly as she comes to hug me tightly.

"That machine is amazing" Ned agreed as he hugs me too before pulling away as he smiles at someone behind me.

"You like the party?" He says as I hear MJ reply with a soft "Yes, thank you." 

"Where is Peter?" Ned furrowed his eyebrows at MJ as she laughs "He is hanging out with the other Peter" She replies as Ned nods.

" Are both Peters here?" Ned added as MJ shakes her head 'no'.

"Today happens to be older Peter's anniversary with Mary Jane so he couldn't make it" MJ explains as I smile softly at her.

"I met his daughter a couple years back, I had to help him with uh-erm-a situation, and she was the cutest little girl" I tell them recalling my stay with them very fondly.

"Did you help him fight a bad guy?" Ned countered nosily as Betty jabs his ribs for his imprudence.

""Let's just say it was a rather venomous situation" I reply vaguely while offering him an awkward smile.

"Well that didn't give me much" He pouts as I chuckle at him while MJ swiftly changed the topic.

"So, what's going on with Peter?" MJ asks me nodding her head their direction.

"We're sorta not on good terms at the moment" I admit in all honesty as her eyes widen in surprise.

"Wait if you're mad at Peter why did you come to his party?" Ned questioned cluelessly.

"Oh, no, not your Peter, the other Peter" I correct him as he laughs at his own mistake. "Oh my bad" he apologizes lightly.

"What did he do anyways?" He adds bluntly as both his wife and best friend glared at him.

"What?" He countered innocently. "Why talk about it if we can't ask questions?" He adds as I roll my eyes playfully at him.

"It's the stupid blonde of his. Her name is Marlowe Jane. She goes as MJ for short" I tell him as he gasps covering his hands over his mouth dramatically.

"Oh, tell me more" He urges as Betty and MJ silently encouraged me with their eyes as well.

"Let's just say I'm don't like her all that much because she makes my life harder than it has to be" I tell them all as they frown at me.

" Are you gonna make me beg for more details?" MJ counters this time as I chuckle lightly. "Cuz I will beg, down on my knees and everything" She teases as Betty nods her head with a "me too"

"She is the granddaughter of Norman Osborn. Well, an illegitimate grandchild. Norman never recognized her father as his own son. But that's a whole different story altogether" I rant as we walk further away from the crowd to go sit in the sun by the poolside.

"Granddaughter? Osborn was a psycho! She maybe go by MJ, but she's definitely not my equal" MJ snaps bitterly as she glares at the blonde laughing lightly under the shade clinging unto Peter's arm (the other Peter).

"Well that's what I was saying. Who knows if she's equally as psychotic as her grandfather. But freaking Peter doesn't sees it that way and refuses to listen to reason" I tell her angrily biting my lip in frustration.