𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 32

Once Bekah had calmed down we heard her phone vibrate, she backed away from me and took her phone out of her pocket and looked at the text.

"It's Nik. Apparently mothers gone and Damon turned your witch friends mother" she told me and I frowned slightly.

"Bonnies going to be so angry at Damon" I told her and she smirked.

"Maybe I can finally get my revenge without anyone stopping me from torturing Damon" she said smirking.

"What? Why are you going to torture him?" I asked her amused.

She rolled her eyes.
"Because he slept with you" she told me like it was obvious.

"Rebekah are you still jealous about that? It meant nothing he was simply upset and I was a distraction" I explained to her.

"I'm still torturing him!" She told me finally and walked towards the cave that Elena was hiding in.

"You can come out now. It seems your boys took care of the problem" Bekah said as Elena stood up looking confused.

"How did they do that?" Dopplebitch asked confused.

"Damon turned your witch friend's mother into a vampire" Bekah said smirking.

"What?" Elena asked faking sadness for her friends mother.

"Quite clever actually, they needed to sever the witch line and, well you can't be a witch and a vampire. In any case you're free to go." She said turning around to walk away before she turned back to Elena.
"Oh and by the way. You were right, I do prefer taking my time watching you suffer." Bekah said going to turn away again before I walked over to the cave so Elena could see me.

"It's definitely much more satisfying" I told her grabbing Rebekah's hand and speeding out of the tunnels.

When we arrived back at Mikaelson mansion it was completely silent signalling that it was empty.
"Has everyone left us?" I questioned Rebekah who frowned.

She was about to reply when we heard footsteps. We followed them and saw Elijah standing in the living room frowning to himself.

"Where the bloody hell is everyone?" Bekah questioned him.

He turned around at the sound of her voice.
"It's over Rebekah." He stated.

"Where's mother?" She asked.

"We have no mother only Esther. And Esther was right..." he trailed off.

Bekah looked at him confused.
"What do you mean?"

"All my talk of virtue, when it suits my needs, I kill, maim and torment. Even today, I terrorised an innocent." He ranted making me frown.

"Elena isn't innocent at all" I protested.

"And I used Rebekah's hatred of her to get what I wanted. Wielded you both like I would a sword. My sister." He looked guiltily at us.

"You did it to protect us, Elijah, and rightly so. We deserve to love, we're better than they are" Bekah told him.

"Are we? Esther made us vampires. She didn't make us monsters, we did that to ourselves" he said one last time before walking off.

Bekah frowned at his retreating form and I took her hand and led her to where I smelt Nik's scent. I'm not weird. You are.

We walked into the dining room and saw him burning some of his drawings.

"I thought you'd both had gone by now. Elijah's leaving. Kol has fled. Esther and Finn are gone too." He said not looking up at us.

"I hated you when I learned you killed our mother. I realise now that after a thousand years as a family you're the only one who never left me." Bekah said sincerely and I kept quiet not wanting to interrupt their brother sister moment.

"Well aren't we a pair?" Nik said finally facing her.

"There's something you need to see" Bekah said taking out her phone.

"Come to brag about your skills as a torturer?" He asked walking towards her and
taking the phone from her hand.

"Look at the images on the wall behind Elena. The natives told the story of our history. Look at the images ok the far wall" Bekah said as he looked at the image intently, not understanding what she was talking about.

"What is it?" He asked confused.

"A native worshipping at the great white oak tree."Bekah said making my eyes widen.

"And we burned that tree to the ground." He insisted.

"Look at the markings that precede it, that's the native calendar." Rebekah said showing him.

"This can't be right."

"A white oak tree 300 years after we fled back to the old world. There is must have been a sapling a new tree to replace the old. That tree the could kill is, it's not over Nik" she said grimly. 

He sighed in exasperation.
"We'll deal with it tomorrow. I've had enough problems for today"

As he said that I grabbed Bekah's and and led her towards the door.

"Goodnight Nik" I said to him and he gave me a small smile.

"Mine or yours?" Bekah asked me whilst we stood in the hall.

"Just stay at yours" I said and she led me upstairs.