the flight

Published date: 2 January 2022 (edited on 10/11/23)
Word count: 850
Warnings: N/A
Song: Drive You Home (Jackson Wang, Internet Money)

Adeena's pov

"Hey, sorry security took really long and I got some doughnuts. See." I said, waving the bag in my hand for my boyfriend, Perseus, to see. We have been dating for about 6 months, and today we're going to Monaco for summer break with my friends to finally make Perseus and my friends meet since he is always so "busy".

"It's fine; you're here now," he said with a shrug while still looking at his phone.

"This is going to be great. You're meeting my close friends, except the ones in Australia and Singapore. We are going to enjoy this trip. Oh, and Fleur got us a tour guide for one of the days, and Aamaya wants to go to the beach. So I was kinda thi-"

"Do we really have to go with them?" He said, cutting me off but finally putting his phone away.

"Do you seriously want to be in Monaco, staying in the hotel for 2 weeks?" I was really losing my patience with him right now; most of my friends have been telling me to break up with him for a while now; it did actually cross my mind a few times.

"Don't you just want to curl up in bed, sleep in, make pancakes together, and watch movies in the hotel?"

"Yeah, there will definitely be time for that." He sighed, annoyed.

"This whole scene is just kind of a lot for me to take in. I know most of your friends hate me, and I'm like 3 years older than you guys," he said, pulling the victim card once again.

"These are my friends, Perseus. I met yours so many times when you brought me to dinner with them but ended up not talking to me for the whole night, and yet I still go for you," I said, trying not to start a fight.

"Yeah, but I'm here for you, not them."

"Come on; we've talked about this so many times. You are busy with your family's company at the office 24/7, barely spending time with me. And when we do, you invite your 'boys' to come over. If I can make the effort to actually try and get to know them, I don't see why you can't do that with my friends." When I said this, he just rolled his eyes at me. Asshole.

Of course, it just had to rain right now.

"Yeah, and what I'm so sorry that I'm not as social as you." That was my last straw.

"You've never even made an effort to get to know my friends, and when my family FaceTimes asking how you are, you run off without a word, and I have to make some excuse for you."

"Well, sorry I'm not dating your friends or family. I'm dating you; why do you think I bring you out on dates?" I huffed at him.

"When was the last time we have been on one without you on your phone because of 'work' or one of your friends popping up, and you didn't even tell me they were joining."

"What's so bad about that? Aren't you the one right now who is telling me to get to know your friends?"

"Do you know how much of an ass you sound like?"

"You know what is an ass thing to do? You dragging me on this trip and not even wanting to spend time with me. I don't even like the sun."

"Seriously? 你现在是在跟我开玩笑吗? (Are you joking with me right now?) How many times have I planned something with you, and you just bailed on me? Non sai rispondere? (Can't answer?) Please, I even learned Italian for you just so I could speak with your family."

"Yet you sound like a baby trying to speak."

"Oh, you know what? I'm breaking the fuck up with you. You can go find a new girlfriend because I don't give a shit. Don't even come on the trip if you don't want to. I don't want you to be there anymore; I don't need you to be." I said, turning around and walking up to Aamaya, who just told me we could board the plane now.

Since we all sat at different places, I had to get to my seat myself.

"Hey, do you need any help?" A guy with brown hair offered, referring to my luggage.

"No, I'm good," I said coldly before taking my seat. Ugh, bloody Perseus... at least he didn't come; if not, he would be next to me.

It was about a 4-hour flight, so I just took my phone out, playing some music before closing my eyes.

A/n: BTW, in every chapter, I left a song that you guys can play if you want to. I think I should be putting out a new chapter on Tuesday or Wednesday. No promises, though. Anyways, happy New Year, guys! Also, please help and maybe vote. Also, please tell me if there are any mistakes in my writing.