seriously?

Published date: 25 February 2022
Word count:653
Warnings: N/A
Song:Blame it on your love (Charli XCX)

Hi guys, here's another chapter. Enjoy 👍 also does anyone have any c- drama recommendations or hk?
____________________________________
Adeena's Pov
It has been a few days since my last encounter with Oscar.

I couldn't believe he actually had the guts to even show up again. I get it is a restaurant but eavesdropping? Then joining in? What nerves he has.

\

My plans for today were:
Number 1: Head to the library
Number 2: Meet Lucas at the bookstore and eat lunch
Number 3: Head back to school to get some stuff printed
Number 4: Have dinner
Number 5: Watch my favourite Chinese dramas at home

Number 1 where I am now.

I had to gather some books for research, and this library has been the one I have been coming to since I moved here.

It was about 29 minutes from my house but manageable.

"Can I sit here?" Someone asked.

"Umhm." I nodded my head, not paying much attention.

"What book are you reading?" I looked up and saw the one and only Oscar Piastri.

"Even if I told you, you wouldn't know." I repeated my mom's favourite line. She used it whenever I asked who someone was. I grabbed my bag and the books that I was going to borrow and headed out.

"You walk fast." Oscar said, jogging to catch up.

"There are reasons why." I said, trying to imply that I was walking away from him.

"Why?" He was getting on my nerves.

"Why is it wherever I have been going these past few days you are always there?" I said, walking faster.

"Hey, why are you being so cold towards me?" Oscar grabbed my hand, turning me around.

"Seriously? You can't be serious, can you? Oh my gosh... You are being serious." Once I saw his confused face, "First in Monaco, did all these cute things. Then ask me for my number and kiss me on the forehead. And then you ghost me? Maybe that's why?" I was frantically waving my hands around in the air. If people saw me from afar, they would probably think I had gone mad or sucked at dancing.

He still looked at me as if he did not understand English.

"你好?Ciao? Oi?Bonjour? Hello?" I waved my hands in front of his face. "You know what? Screw it. Screw you. Screw everything. Don't talk to me ever again. And don't worry, I'll block you." I said and started speed walking towards my university.

Asshole.

Wait, why am I heading to my university? Ah shit...

Whatever since I'm already here, I might as well do what I need to do.

~

Ring ring ring

I looked at Lucas then at my phone.

妈(mom)

"喂, 妈?"
"Hello, Mom? )

"喂?你知道怎么修电脑吗?"
(Do you know how to fix the computer?)

"你不是和爸爸在一起吗?"
(Aren't you with Dad?)

"我现在在新加坡,不是澳大利亚"
(I'm in Singapore now, not Austraila)

"Oh yeah..."

"不要 "Oh yeah. " 我。你的弟弟想要用电脑了。"
(Your brother wants to use the laptop)

"好好。"
(Okay, okay.)

~

"Sup, Lucas." I slumped onto the chair.

"Tired?"

"Oh, no, energetic." I said sarcastically.

"I saw Oscar on the way here. He was with his friends. It seemed that he was pretty stressed." Lucas told me while eating his sandwich.

"Not my problem." I shrugged.

"Oh, come on... You don't even know why he ghosted you."

"If he cared to explained he would have explained to me days ago or even today." I rolled my eyes, looking at the menu.

"Okay... suit yourself." Lucas raised his hands up on the air.

"你能正常吃饭吗?" I gave him a tissue to wipe his chin.
(Can you eat properly?)

"Yes, Mom." He rolled his eyes.