princessed

Published date: 17 July 2022
Word count: 1956
Warnings: N/A
Song: Indigo (88rising, NIKI)
A/N-
Hi hehe. I got sick and what sucks is that it's not covid. One question: have you guessed gotten covid yet? I still haven't but I want to.

Oscar's pov

I was at my maternal grandparents' house with my family and relatives.

I had 2 cousins who were much younger than me, both girls, Ally and Hana. Hana was 10 while Ally was 15.

They both came up to us when I was talking to my cousin Chris.

"Chris, can you help with these questions?" Ally put Hana's science book and her maths book on the coffee table we were sitting behind.

"Hey, why didn't you ask me?" They both looked at me with an amused face.

"You're good at languages but you suck at maths and science. " Well that kinda hurts but it's true. I just shrugged.

"I can't help Ally with algebra, I forgot everything. Er…yeah, no I can't help with Science either. I'm an art teacher for a reason." Chris put the book back down on the table as the girl pouted.

Suddenly it was as if Ally had a light bulb floating on the top of her head.

"Wait Oscar isn't your girlfriend a scientist. She can help right? "Ally looked up at me hopefully.

"Not yet his girlfriend." Chris cut in. Which made Ally roll her eyes.

"Can you call her please?" Hana looked at me with puppy eyes. "Mommy said that she won't give us presents if we don't finish our holiday homework today."

"Fine." I broke and took my phone out.

It's already 11.30 a.m. she should be awake right?

I hope so.

I called her and after 5 rings she picked up.

"Hello?" Adeena said over the phone with a yawn.

"Hey, Adeena. Did I wake you up? I'm sorry. I can call you back-" I heard my 3 relatives chuckle and giggle.

"No, no. I'm meant to be awake right now anyways. I've been snoozing my alarm for about an hour. Anyways what's up? " She asked with her raspy morning voice.

"Er so my cousins have homework problems that unfortunately Chris and I can't solve… And we were wondering if you could help." I heard a hum coming from her side and some movements.

"Yeah, I can. Turn on your video so I can see the question."

I did exactly what she said and angled my phone towards Ally's maths question first.

"She's pretty." I heard Ally whisper to her sister as Hana just stared at Adeena in awe.

"Oscar, can you pass the phone to your cousin so I can explain it to her?" I nodded, although she couldn't see me. "Ally, take the phone."

"Hey, Ally." Adeena's sweet voice came out of the phone.

"H-hi."

"So Ally I'm going to explain how to do this so pay attention and ask questions if you don't understand." Ally nodded her head as Adeena continued.

"So 121 ( p - 1 ) ² - 36p² can be rewritten into the form of a²b² which would be ( 11 ( p - 1 ) ) ²- ( 6p ) ² . Then factor the expression using a² - b² = ( a + b ) ( a - b ) which would be ( 11 ( p - 1 ) + 6p ) ( 11 ( p - 1 ) -6p ). Then you expand it making it (11p-11+6p)(11p-11-6p) which would give you the answer (17p-11)(5p-11) when you combine all the like terms." Say what…