side by side

Published date: 11 June 2022
Word count: 2345
Warnings: N/A
Song: Mattress (10cm)
A/N-
Sorry for the late update. My phone was sent for a repair cause the motherboard had a problem and my computer broke 2 weeks ago so yea. Sorry!
If this story,  the ending,  is a little shit it's because I'm writing this at 2.35am, I'll fix it tmr.
Thank you guys for all the comments you guys leave. I love it phahaha. Anyways i have decided that after i finish this book i will be writing a yuki tsunoda book so you guys can check it out if you guys want:)
Okay to the story.

Adeena's pov

You know that feeling where you're totally exhausted but for some reason you can't sleep?

Well, that's what's happening to me right now. And I couldn't stand it anymore. I have been staring at the ceiling for about 4 hours now. It was 4am.

I turned around to my bedside cabinet and took out my pills trying my best not to wake my mother, who was on the other side of the bed, and my sister, who was on the mattress both towards the entrance of my room. While the place I was sleeping was closer to the window.

I tiptoed towards the kitchen to grab a glass of water and gulped the pills down.

After 2 minutes the pills started to kick in and I carefully made my way back to my bedroom.

And just like that I fell asleep like a baby.

~

To only wake up feeling like shit and having the flu and fever.

It was 10am in the morning my family were packing the last of their things before Oscar would come to pick them up.

"Nana-ah! 你会回来吗?For Christmas?" She asked with the habit of mixing Chinese and English together, at least it was only 2 languages. On a really "good" day it could go up to all the languages she could speak, well the ones that were frequently used around her.
(Are you coming back?)

"Don't know yet." I replied with my raspy sick voice. "我们将在哪里庆祝?Australia or Singapore?" I asked, pushing my glasses up my nose, while I was cooking.
(Where will we be celebrating?)

"Not sure. I think both? 24th in Australia… 26th in Singapore. 虽然还没有确认." She shrugged.
(But it's still not confirmed yet.)

I nodded and started to make breakfast for everyone. Just some eggs and bacon.

When I was about to start washing the dishes the doorbell rang. I walked towards the door to find Jake already opening the door for Oscar.

"Adeena! 姐夫...is here…" Jake lowered his volume as soon as he already saw me behind him.

Oscar once again turned red as soon as he heard Jake's nickname for him.

"Jake,  you need to stop calling him that. It's making him feel uncomfortable. I shot Jake a warning look who lifted his arms up in the air.

"I'm just stating the truth. Well, the future." He started to do jazz hands.

"Ya!- "

"It's fine." Oscar defended Jake.

"See he's fine with it." Jake then turned to Oscar and mouthed a "Thank you." before he walked away to escape my glare.

As he walked past me I got him on the back of the head which earned an "Ouch" from him.

I turned back to Oscar with a tired smile on my face. "Did you eat breakfast yet? I can cook some if you haven't."

"I'm fine. I had breakfast on the way and you look tired anyways." He asked worriedly, "Are you okay?"