2nd Chances

Plublished date: 25 March 2022
word count : 1642
Warnings: panic attack? accident? hospital
Song: At My Worst (Pink Sweat$)
_________________________________________
A/N-
Hello guys. New Update HAHA. I Just finished my exams this week finally.
Anyways erm after reading this chapter do you think things are going very fast, slow, or just right?
Please let me know. Thanks !
To the story.
_________________________________________

Adeena's pov

"Adeena! " Lucas called, in a sing song tone as he closed the front door by kicking it closed. "There are flowers for you!" I ran out of my room and rushed to Lucas, taking the flowers away from him.

"What? Flowers!?" My face lit up. I have always liked flowers and well plants in general. since I was young. My grandmother and I made an agreement that every time I went back to Australia to see her, we would plant a new plant. We still do it now. "Where did you get them from? " I asked Lucas as I looked examined the flowers. If I'm not wrong, they were a mix of daisies and asters; they represented innocence, purity, love, and undying devotion. My favourite were hibiscuses, periwinkle, and carnations; asters are one of my favourites as well.

"I didn't get them. I just saw the delivery guy outside your door and offered to bring them in since I was coming in anyway. Oh, by the way, there's a letter as well." I nodded my head as  I  took the evalope from him. Wait...

I turned back around and blankly stared at Lucas. "How did you get in?" I didn't open the door for him, right? I'm confused? Did I forget?

"Do you not remember telling us that you have a key outside? You know where one of your plants is? That redish leave plant, you put a lock box inside of a bigger pot and put that plant with a smaller pot on top? " Oh yeah... I did... I left a key inside and told Lucas and Fleur the pin just in case I was in the lab, and my parents and siblings did a surprise visit again. The first time they did, I was in the lab and didn't answer my phone, so my mom went to look for Lucas and Fleur. They didn't have my key, so they had to stay as Lucas' place for the night since I only came back at 3 in the morning.

"Never mind, I remember." I left the flowers on the kitchen table and went back into my room to read the letter.

Dear Adeena,

I heard that you saw my interview. I also heard that you have forgiven me. Yes, I know that although you have forgiven me, things aren't back to how they used to be in Monaco. So I'm going to give it my all to try and get myself a second chance.

Oscar

The woman was too stunned to speak, and that woman was me.

I looked blankly at the paper not knowing how to react.

Suddenly I remembered that it was Monday. I had to be at the lab at 2 pm. it was already 12.45pm; it was about 45 minutes of travelling from my apartment to the lab since the lab was at the old campus.

I quickly took the things I needed, stuffed a toast in my mouth, and put my shoes on.

"Bye, Lucas. I got to go. Remember to turn off all the electricity before you leave." I told him before getting out of the house and made my way to the lab.

"Yes, maam."

Two days later

Oscar has sent me quite a few things.

Let's start off with monday. In the morning was the very first gift with the flowers. Then, in the afternoon around lunch time, one of my classmates told me that there was a delivery for me. It was my favourite sushi that I remembered telling oscar about. And finally, when I came back, there was a box at my front door and inside contained some art supplies. The art supplies made me curious about how he knew I liked art? I only remember telling Lily about this.