1st 3rd of closure...?

Published date: 7 May 2022
Word count: 1255
Warnings: N/A
Song: Mind over matter (Young the giant)

A/N-
I made a Spotify playlist for this story it's this link: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5haKiQBHXh7wj91pLazzd7?si=28XRV3NRTGeFhW5r818u5A&utm_source=copy-link
You can probably find it if you search the account ronnie and the playlist blush. Most of the songs I have used on the previous chapters some might be in the upcoming chapters or some might just be because I think they give off that vibe.
Anyways guys and girls erm this is like the last day before the week of my exams so👍Good luck to me and to you guys if you guys need any luck in whatever is upcoming.
Okay to the story...

Oscar's pov

I just dropped Adeena off at her university's biochem faculty.

I was walking towards the place I parked my car which was right outside of the university campus when a middle aged lady stopped me.

"Excuse me." Her Korean accent, strong. "Could you tell me the way to the Biochemistry faculty? I have never been to this university before."

"Ah... it's that building right there." I said pointing to the place I just came from. However the lady just looked around kind of in a daze.

"Erm... would you like me to take you there?" I asked, snapping her out of her daze. She looked kind of familiar actually... I have no idea from where though.

"Thank you. " She nodded. Does that mean I bring her there or...? Whatever I started walking toward the building the lady following behind me.

When we were really close I stopped and turned to her.

"It's right there. Just walk straight and you'll be at the entrance." I gestured to the building in front.

She nodded and thanked me again.

I started to walk back, but stopped when I heard my name being called.

"Oscar!" I turned around to see Adeena walking towards me.

"Adeena? What are you doing here?" I turned my body fully to her when she was about 2 meters away from me.

"I left something with you when I was tying my shoelace." She smiled, she seemed to be in a really good mood. Probably because she forced me to buy her a ton of dessert cough mint ice cream cough.

I felt my pockets and took out her earpiece. Ah yeah...

When I was about to pass it to her I saw that her attention shifted to the lady that I brought here.

They were just looking at each other. In Adeena's eyes sadness, regret, sacredness but also a feeling of relief and joy flashed through her eyes.

The lady's eyes on the other hand were so hard to read. Maybe a feeling of relief? Joy? Regret? And another feeling that I wasn't so sure off but I didn't like the feeling out gave off.

"Mom...?" Adeena looked at the lady in front of her. What the...

"Su-Jin..." Ah nevermind they probably have the wrong people. "You remember me?"

Adeena nodded. Tears threatening to spill.

"Oh my goodness. I always wanted to find out how you would turn out after you grow up. " The lady said with her hands on Adeena's cheeks, her eyes watery.

"I'm so sorry..."

~
Italic- Korean

3rd person pov

Adeena was lost, why did her birth mom all of a sudden turn up her... without Dal-Rea or my birth dad? She seemed to have been zoned out as she stared at the table.

Adeena and her mom were now at a cafe. Her mom suggested that they should catch up.

Her mom suddenly chuckled. "I got lost so I asked for directions. What a good coincidence he happened to be your friend." She said referring to how she probably wouldn't have recognised Adeena. "Are you very close with him?" In an attempt to get Adeena to say something or just look at her.

"Yes." Adeena didn't look at her mother at all.

"Are you hungry? If you haven't eaten we can go-"

"No, it's okay, I just ate." As soon as Adeena said that it seemed as if her mom backed down a little.

"How's studying Biochemistry? Is it hard? Is it okay?"

"Yeah, I guess." Adeena was happy to see her mom again, but it brought back all types of bad thoughts she didn't want back. She still had a little grudge against her mom for just abandoning her on the streets and just leaving a stranger to pick her up. But she understood, she knew she deserved it after what she did to her sister.

Her mom suddenly gasped, as if she suddenly remembered something. "I got you this, I remembered how you used to like them." She took out a bag of food and gave out to Adeena.

"Thanks." Adeena accepted the gift and brought it down from their table to her side.

"I'm sorry. I should have apologized earlier. I should have come to see you earlier. You didn't deserve what we did to you. Your father and I are extremely sorry. Your father couldn't come since he's in the hospital now. But that gift is from him as well."

"He's in the hospital?" Adeena finally looked at her mom in shock. She knew that her father, well parents, weren't even around to bring her up but since she was born she has always been kind of a fathers girl? Except with her current family, she was closer to her mom because her father was really busy with work and whenever he came to visit it wasn't always a good time.

"Yeah, the hospital bill is really expensive. So this is probably the last chance we, well I, could come to visit you. "

" I can help with the hospital bill." He was her father after all.

Her mom started tearing up and trying to say it was okay but Adeena kept on insisting.

"Just send me your bank account number, I'll get the money to you soon." She had all her allowance and savings from the money that her other parents gave her, money that she worked part time for and school prizes she got.

The day ended with Adeena dropping her mom off at her hotel.

Adeena was happy, she got some of the closure she needed, not all but some, she just wished that her sister could forgive her, even if it was only her sister who forgave her she would be okay.

Da-Eun on the other hand felt accomplished...

~

When Adeena got back home. Oscar video called her.

Oscar smiled as soon as he saw her. The smile on her face was melting his heart. The day with her mom must have been good.

He felt happy for her.

The whole time Adeena just told Oscar about the day with her mom and the things they did, how her mom held her hand, how her mom kissed her forehead in a loving way. She was beyond the moon.

Oscar could help but laugh at her.

However when she opened the gift her mom got her, it was all food, some were seafood snacks.

She was allergic to seafood ever since she was young, her smile dropped for a while but she brushed it off quickly.

Although Oscar felt happy for her, he couldn't help but feel curious as to why the visit was out of the blue and why her mom didn't come with her sister who also wanted to meet her...