understanding

Published date: 2 April 2022
Word count: 917
Warnings: N/A
Song: Cry for Me (Camila Cabello)

A/N-
Hi guys, here's the real chapter:)
Hope y'all have a good weekend.
Don't push yourself too hard. Take breaks once in a while. If there is any errors I'm sorry.
Anyways enjOyYyy hehe.

Oscar's Pov

" Well, Adeena is a scientist. She does well in school. Maybe there's a lot of pressure being put on her? Anyways, I heard people who are excellent in certain areas easily suffer from depression or anxiety. It's perfectly normal for Adeena to have a sleep and anxiety disorder." Robert said as I looked around.

We were at a mall trying to look for things to help Adeena sleep like making her bed room more comfortable. Well at least that's what I read. Lucas would join us later since he was having classes now.

" She's so smart of course he's suffering from it." Robert continued.

" Don't be silly. This isn't about being smart or not smart. I don't think it's about her studies anyways." We talked as we looked around.

" Then maybe it's because something happened?"

" I think so too." She only started having a panic attack when she thought Lucas had died. Maybe it could be related to death?

We walked by the book section and stopped.

" I think we should pick a book that makes people sleepy immediately. Like maybe some classic or history book. " Robert suggested. I wasn't listening. " I got sleepy after looking at 2 pages."

I was looking at a chinese book. Maybe this could help her feel closer to home. The book had lots of pictures. I took my phone out and called Zhou.

" Hello?" Zhou's face appeared on the screen. He looked like he was still in bed but probably had been awake.

" Hi, sorry to call you randomly but could you help me translate this." I showed him the book page by page. It was a very short book.

One sentence caught my attention " I finally understand you can't solve everything on your own. Even the shadow of a cloud can be breathtaking." Well at least the first sentence made sense translated. " Even the shadow of a ccould can be breathtaking." That, I have no idea. The book was calming though.

"Thanks, Zhou. You can go back to being a sleeping beauty."

"Says the one that's always sleeping in or taking naps." We both laughed then said bye before hanging up.

"Fine, I'll get this. I'm sure it will make her drowsy." I smiled then walked away with Robert. "Come on, we still need to get decorations and plants. Fake plants...

We had to call Lily for help with the decorations and Hannah to help with the plants.

"I remembered Adeena saying she liked brown, beige, sage green? Oh and that forest green. Those types of colours. '' Lily basically stayed on the phone with us throughout 'cause she wanted to make sure that "her girlfriend's room wasn't going to get destroyed."

"You must really like her huh? Waking up at 8am on a free day really isn't you." She teased.

"That's what I'm saying!" Both Robert and Alex said. I just rolled my eyes.

"Thanks Lily for helping." I kindly said.

"Good luck. I'm rooting for you. And make sure she is in good condition the next time I see her. Or else..." She squinted her eyes. "Anyway, bye ! Bye Robert. " She smiled as if she didn't just threaten me.

"Er bye. Bye Alex." Both Robert and I waved before hanging up.

~

"That plant looks like one she doesn't have. She has it at her grandma's.We should get plants that are in her grandma's garden." Hannah suggested.

Hannah got pictures of Adeena's Grandma's garden and got some plants that looked the same, most being fake.

"Thanks, Hannah. "

Hannah nodded. "Take good care of her. She has been through a lot. She never speaks up about it, she likes to keep it to herself cause she thinks she deserves it." I nodded and took note of it.

We met Lucas at Adeena's house. We had most of the day for ourselves except in the evening since Fleur decided to invite everyone for a " Congrats Lucas. You didn't die." celebration.

"Sup, future brother-in-law." Lucas greeted me. " Aye? Sup, Roberto Alberto." Lucas high fived Robert.
"Oh, yeah... by the way you guys should leave your shoes outside and put on those house slippers. If she finds out you guys even took a step into her house with shoes on she's going to kill you." Lucas chuckled.

After settling down we all got to work.

We changed her bedsheets to a light grey one. We put the fake plants on little plant stands near her bedside table and added vines around her window. We put up a painting above her bed. Added a galaxy projector and left some Stuff toys that Lilly told us to get.We changed her white light lamp to a yellow light lamp and added a fluffy rug near her bed. Help her set up a book shelf since she didn't have one and a small one near her sofa. We cleaned up her house and gave her some fluffy home bear slippers.

"Okay, we're done."

"Oh, wow..." We all turned around scared that Adeena came back, but it was just Fleur. We all let out a sigh of relief that made Fleur chuckle.

"Come on, Adeena is going to be at my place soon."