light

Published date: 10 August 2022
Word count: 1773 words
Warnings: N/A
Song: Mixtape : OH (Stray Kids)
A/N-
Hiiiiii. Yea that's all.
Well actually.
Drop some song recommendations for this story here------------->

3rd person pov

"Okay nevermind nevermind." Adeena's mother mumbled as she watched how Oscar was chopping the garlic. It had been about 5 minutes since he started chopping it, making each small piece into a perfect square.

"Nana! Are you done? Can you come help Oscar?" Her mother asked as she saw Adeena turn around the corner of the kitchen.

"I told you~ Don't ask him for help when it comes to cooking. " Her mother sarcastically smiled back at her as she continued mashing the potatoes.

"I can cook." Oscar pouted.

Adeena looked at him pouting back then rubbed his head. "No you can't." She then smiled and finished cutting all of the garlic in 2 minutes.

"But now it's not in cubes." Oscar complained.

"Oscar… it doesn't have to be cubes in the end you'll hardly see them." Adeena's mother said gently. "That means another man in the family is not going to know how to cook. " She sighed to herself.

~

Everyone was all preparing the last things like utensils tissue and things like that, except Jeraiah who was just getting carried around by Oscar.

Then the house door unlocked and lo and behold the father.

"I'm back~" Adeena's father said in a sing-song voice.

And just like that all his children came running to him, Jeraiah bouncing off Oscar.

Adeena was the last one to get to her father, being the last one to hug him.

"Adeeeee, sorry I couldn't see you last time. I was busy with work." Her father apologised.

"It's fine. I still get to see you now." Her father then nodded in agreement.

"Oh I love the present you got me. I have been wearing it a lot. You can ask your mom. She complains about me wearing the same thing to work everyday." He whispered the last part.

"Really? Well Oscar helped me choose it for you." She pointed at the back where Oscar was standing awkwardly.

"Ah Oscar. Nice to finally meet you. Thank you for choosing my present. I love it. " Her dad gave him a thumbs up. She was trying my best not to laugh at Oscar with his awkward smile as her dad walked away.

She knew how Oscar felt intimidated by her father because of the "serious" pictures she had shown to him. 

Well if a business man with a serious resting face was your partner's dad I think you would probably be scared too.

But to be honest her dad was like a Teddy bear.

~

Adeena's pov

The rest of the day there was so much commotion.

Relatives coming in and out of the house.

All of us catching up with each other.

Jeraiah following Oscar, who was following me, like a puppy.

And of course Kayla and Giselle came up to me asking to do their hair for them.

Oscar sat next to me as he watched me tie their hair, his reason being "in case you need me to do your hair."

He's really cute. How could I be so lucky.