touchdown

Published date: 4 January 2022 (edited on 12/11/23)
Word count: 1041
Warnings: N/A
Song: Leave Before You Love Me (Marshmello×Jonas Brothers)

Adeena's Pov

"Hey, um, we're here." I felt a gentle tap on my shoulder, my eyes fluttered open, and I looked up to see the same guy who offered to help me

"Oh, er... thanks." I smiled tiredly as I gathered the last of my things while he helped with my luggage.

"So, where are you from?" he asked as we waited to disembark. "By the way, my name's Oscar."

"I'm Adeena. I'm from Australia, well, Singapore too. I was born in Singapore. My mom's half Japanese and Singaporean, but she was born in Singapore, and my dad is Australian." I suddenly stopped, realising I was rambling. "I'm sorry, I kind of trailed off, didn't I?

"Yeah, but no worries. So what languages can you speak?"

"English, Chinese, Japanese, but not fluently, a little bit of Malay and Tamil since I hear those 2 when I'm in school with friends. I started learning Italian 4 months ago...and a little Dutch since my mom knows how to speak. Oh cantonese and abit of hokkien." He just looked at me wide-eyed.

"I only can speak English, learnt French and Japanese in school. And barely Italian since my t- workplace is in Italy."

"And I have a feeling you are from Australia?" He nodded.

"So you're in University now...?" I noded. "In Italy?" Another nod. "That's pretty cool."

We started to get off the plane while talking to one another. I looked up and saw that Lucas and Fleur were waiting for me.

"So I guess we have to split ways now." I smiled at Oscar. "And I'm sorry for being cold to you when you were offered help. I kinda broke up with my boyfriend right before the flight."

"Oh, it's fine. Erm do you think I cou-"

"Adeena! Hey, how was your flight?" Fleur dragged me away. I mouthed an apology to Oscar.

"Who was that cute guy, huh?" Lucas smirked as we made our way over to him. "Rebound?"

"What? How did you know?" Refering to him knowing about the break up suggested by the use of the word rebound.

"Aamaya."

"Ah, okay. He's just somebody I met during the flight."

"Well, did you get his number?" Fleur asked.

"Nope." Fleur sighed dissapointly and patted my back.

~

"Okay, so... everyone's room is on level 4. Adeena and H— I mean just Adeena, 293," Fleur said as Benjamin passed the keys around. "Lucas, P— erm, 287... Ben and— 291 Aamaya and I 288."

"Everyone gets dressed in 30, we have a surprise for you guys," Benjamin smirked.

"We as in-"

"Go up to your room, Lucas." Aamaya rolled her eyes.

~

"Woah-" The view from the window took my breath away.

"The view is sick, right?" a voice came from one of the beds.

"Hannah! What the frick?!" I stared at her, surprised.

"Hey, bitch! Missed me?" She walked towards me, trying to hug me, but I dodged it. "Still don't like hugs or physical affection, do you?

"I'm juts awkward about it. How the hell did you get here?" Was she on the same plane as me? Was I blind? No it can't be she came from Australia. Why is she here?

"Well my mom drove me to Brody's house-"

"Wait Brody is here too? Where?"

"In room 291 with... I don't know." She shrugged. "I don't know anyone here except you, Brody... oh, and Fleur. She found my Instagram and planned this whole thing for your birthday. Probably shouldn't have said that..."

"I heard nothing..." I took out a maroon skirt and a black top out from my suitcase and walked into the bathroom. "Get changed, Hann!"

"Yes, Mom! "

~

We were all at the hotel's restaurant for lunch before heading to the beach

"Ow! Frick!" I looked up to identify the person who had bummed into me with hot coffee.

"Adeena? Shit, I'm so sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going." Oscar apologised as he handed me some napkins.

"Your coffee is bloody hot." I took the napkins from him and started to wipe the coffee off my outfit.

"Hey, um... you can take my extra shirt. Here. That's my spare one I brought just in case I needed to change at the beach." He took out a shirt from his bag.

"Oh erm, thanks..." I took the shirt from him and stared at the floor, not knowing what to say.

"Oh when we were leaving the plane I actually wanted to-"

"Adeena! Oh hey, stranger." Lucas came up and wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"Lucas get off."

"Okay." He surrendered and walked away.

"Sorry, what was that? " I turned back to Oscar.

"Oh erm... nothing. You should go change."

"Yeah, I should." I was a bit curious about what he was going to ask me, but I turned around and started to walk towards the toilet.

"Adeena! Wait..." I stopped and turned around, looking at him. "Do you want to come to this party that one of my friends here is planning?"

"Oh..." I looked around trying to spot Hannah or Fleur-

"You can bring your friends. That's not a problem."

"Oh, yeah, then why not."

"Okay, I'll come and get you guys tomorrow at 6 pm. We'll eat dinner with a few other people first then head to the party." He was about to turn away when he finally realised something. "Erm... what's your room number?" He awkwardly smiled, which made me chuckle a bit.

"Room 293, level 4," I replied and he nodded his head walking away.
"See you!"

"Ciao!"

~

"Whose shirt is that?" Hannah asked.

"Erm you know the dude I told you about in the airplane?"

"Is it the one who was talking to you before you met Lucas and I?" Fleur asked.

"Yes, him. Well, he bummed into me and his coffee spilled all over me, so he offered me his extra shirt that he had since he was going to a beach."

"Cute," Lucas said with his mouth stuffed with food.

"Disgusting, Lucas. Anyway he invited us to a party tomorrow. At 6 pm he will get us, we'll eat dinner first, with some of his friends, before heading to the party. Are you guys okay with that?"

"Time to find myself a girlfriend," Lucas smirked.

"Yeah, why not? "

"Okay."

"Yep."

"Yesss!"

"Umhm. "

A/n-
Hey guys!
I hope you liked this Chapter:)
Please let me know your thoughts, and feel free to vote if you'd like!
I should be posting the next chapter on Thursday or Friday.
Ciao ciao.