moments

Published date: 12 November 2023
Word count: 3014
Warnings: N/A
Song: Late Night Talking - Harry Styles

A/N- Hello hello hello. Oh yea, I found the old book cover in a TikTok that came out on my Fyp so yea okay, bye bye bye. 

3rd person pov

The atmosphere was light and radiant.

The whole group was just relaxing on the beach taking in the breeze.

Adeena's head was on Oscar's lap while the other three were just sprawled out on the sand.

Oscar sat up letting his arm support him as he took in the view of the ocean's constant motion at the beach. It was a simple yet captivating sight, with waves arriving and departing the shore, leaving a tranquil imprint.

Ring ring

Ring ring

"Who's phone is that?" Jake asked as he moved his upper body off the sand.

"It's mine." Adeena took her phone out of her pocket.

It was Mr Anderson.

"Hello, Mr Anderson?" Adeena answered the phone and she remained on Oscar's lap.

"Hello, Adeena. Sorry for disturbing you during your holiday again." Mr. Anderson apologised from the other side of the phone.

"It's okay." Adeena waved it off.

"How has it been?" Mr Anderson asked.

"Really good. How about you?"

"Good good. Well, the reason why I called you was because of the German project program."

"Shit I forgot..." Adeena thought.

"So we still haven't heard back from you and today is the deadline. Have you concluded yet? Are you still discussing things? " Mr Anderson questioned trying to get an understanding of where she was right now.

"I honestly forgot about it. I haven't talked to my parents about it yet. When do I need to respond?" She breathed.

"No worries you can respond by the end of today at 11.59 am. The letter is in your email all you have to do is press accept or decline. Go discuss it with your parents about it cause this will be a really important project. Only the top students in the whole world can participate and they are hand-picked. No pressure though. Just remember to respond by the end of the day." He explained.

"Ha, yea... no pressure at all Mr Anderson." Adeena heard him chuckle from the other side of the phone. "I'll remember to do it by today, no worries. Have a good holiday!"

"You too, Adeena. Enjoy it! Ciao!"

"Ciao!" They hung up.

Adeena set her phone back down on the picnic mat, a slight frown creasing her forehead. The beach, once light and radiant, now carried a subtle tension.

Oscar sensing the tension asked her, "Hey, what's wrong?"

"I completely forgot about that program in Germany," she admitted, her voice carrying a hint of regret. "Today's the deadline, and I need to decide by 11.59 am." She looked up at him.

Oscar's gaze shifted from the mesmerizing waves to Adeena, concern evident in his eyes. "It sounds like a great opportunity. Why are you thinking about it so much? " He lifted his hand to move the hair out of her face.

She sighed. "I haven't told my parents about it yet. This project is for the top students worldwide, handpicked. It's stressful. I would have to leave most of my friends and make new ones over there and..."