one perfect rose

Published date: 7 February 2022
Word count: 1094
Warnings: N/A
Poem: One Perfect Rose (Dorothy Parker)
____________________________________
Hey guys sorry haven't been posting
I'm still celebrating Chinese New Year on the weekends and weekdays are just really busy. But I'm sick now which means no homework or school so today I managed to write a new chapter:) also my phone has been a little crazy so if the way the story is looks weird it's probably my phone. Anyways enjoy!
____________________________________

Adeena's POV

"Wake up! " I groaned as Hannah jumped up and down on my bed.

"When are you leaving?" I rubbed my eyes.

"In a week." She shot me a smile and walked towards the door. "And I suggest you get changed soon. You need to be at work in an hour." She winked at me and walked out, closing the door behind her.

Shit. Today is my first day at work.

I quickly shot up from my bed and checked my phone.

Oscar🐨

Oscar🐨
Hello:)

Nana Banana🍌
Bello
delivered 1 day ago

____________________________________

Still no reply.

Whatever he's probably enjoying his holiday before he has to get back to work.

I left my phone down on the side table and quickly got dressed.

~

"I made breakfast." Hannah gestured towards the dining table as she was washing the dishes.

"Thanks." I shot her a smile and continued eating.

~

I got a cab since the school was 45 minutes away, and I came out a bit late.

"Hey, I'm Adeena." I was inside the principal's office now since that was what I was told to do

"Oh yesh Adeena. Erm, Thomas' student, right?"

"Er..." Thomas? Did she mean Mr Anderson's first name?

"Oh maybe, Mr Anderson?"

"Oh yeah." We both laughed.

"I'm Mrs Anderson." She put her hand out for me to shake.

"Wait, Mrs Anderson?"

"Yes, Mr Anderson is my husband." She smiled and showed the picture frame on her desk, a guy with dark skin, who is probably Mr Anderson and a light skin woman with her arms around him, they were looking into each others eyes and smiling. Sigh if only I could have a relationship like theirs.

"Class, this is your relief teacher for the next 2 weeks since your teacher is away on holiday." Mrs Anderson addressed the class. "Be kind to her." Mrs Anderson winked at them and walked away.

I was a teacher of a class of 30 10-year-old students right now.

"Hello, teacher! What's your name?" A petite girl came up to me smiling.