Chapter 1 <3

(A/n: Hey! I watched the movie Encanto a few days ago and I've been in love with it every since! The colors, the backstory, the characters. I love them all! So here's a little book about them. I'm adding a few more characters and personalities to the characters. I don't have the best grammar or writing abilities so bare with me here. P.S. Camilo is about 14-15 in this story.)

Hi! My name is Y/n, Y/n Akagawa. I live in the wonderful village called Encanto! The famous Madrigal family lives here! They all have gifts, magic powers that help our town! Well all except one, Mirabel. Mirabels gift ceremony didn't really go to plan. When she touched the doorknob expecting it to light up and give her her gift, it- well the door, disappeared.

Her little cousins gift ceremony is tonight! I'm really excited to go, but there are chances I won't be able to. Ever since my grandma died my parents keep me locked up in the house. I sew, cook, and clean all day. They don't make me, but there's nothing to do so I make myself do it. Over the span of three years in my house I've made so many dresses and skirts my parents had to buy me two more dressers!

I was on my bed, staring up at the ceiling when someone knocked on my door, "Come in." I groaned. The door creaked open then creaked close again. Someone sat at my feet, "Y/n, quieres un poco de pan?" (Y/n, would you like some bread?) I sat up. "No thank you mama."
She nodded and stood up as she began to pace towards the door. This was my chance! My chance to ask to go to the gift ceremony.

I stood up quickly, "Um mama?" She turned her head towards me, her brown eyes engulfing my full attention. "Could I go to the gift ceremony tonight? I promise to be careful! And I won't get hurt!" Mama tilted her head down and looked to the side. She was thinking, her brown eyebrows furrowing.

I walked up to her and placed my hand on her shoulder, "Please mama?" She looked up at me and smiled, "Està bien, pero no te metas en problemas." (Okay, but don't get into trouble). I beamed. "I won't, I promise! Oh thank you mama, thank you!" I hugged her. Mama smiled before leaving the room.

I closed the door and ran to my dressers to find a skirt to wear. I picked a long gorgeous skirt. It was red with strips of many colors, it had a large white bow on one side, and it had lace at the bottom that was a light red. I picked a frilly top and my worn-out satchel.

I smiled at myself in the mirror and spun around a few times. I giggled. I was beautiful. This dress made me happy. I spun around one more time before running out of my bedroom door and down the stairs. I entered the kitchen to see my parents by the door, smiling. Mama gasped at the sight of me, "Oh te ves hermosa chica!" (Oh you look gorgeous girl!) I beamed and ran to them.

My dad pulled me into a warm embrace before letting go. "Te queremos, ahora no andes corriendo con ningún chico!" (We love you, now don't go running around with any boys!). I couldn't help but giggle when mama slapped papas arm. "Aye!"

"Don't worry Papa, I won't." Papa beamed at me and pulled me into another hug. "Okay, okay. I love you too, bye now." I pulled away and waved before turning around towards the door. I opened the door then closed it behind me. People were hustling past me, paying no attention. I carefully jumped into the crowd, avoiding getting trampled.

I walked for a few minutes before I reached the house. "Woah." I whispered to myself. I was walking towards the door when I realized a boy with curly brown hair and a yellow poncho was greeting everyone, he looked about my age. I walked up towards the door trying to avoid conversations when someone stepped in front of me. "Hola hermosa." It was the boy.

"Hello." I replied. He looked me up and down a few times, "What a gorgeous dress. Where did you get it?" He asked. I flushed the color pink. Does he really think it's gorgeous? I looked down at the feet. "I made it myself." The boy lifted up my chin so we made eye contact, "Your very talented! My name is Camilo. What's yours?" Camilo asked.