Chapter 2 ✌︎︎

Camilo previously took me to the top of the stairs where Antonios door was. Camilos mom, dad, and Dolores were all there with us. "Are you excited?" I asked Camilo. Camilo turned to me. Oh my god. His face, he was extremely attractive. How was I just noticing this? His smile was large and bright, it filled you up with joy. "Hello? Earth to Y/n!" Camilo called. I blinked hard and shook my head, "Sorry what were you saying?" I asked. "I was saying that I am excited, but also nervous. I hope Antonio gets his gift and I'm not saying I don't think he won't get it, I just think that after Mirabels ceremony no one will know what's gonna happen. You know?"

I nodded, "Y-Yeah." Camilo smiled again. Ahh. Do I like him? No, I don't. I just met him! Snap out of it Y/n! "Shhh." Camilos mom was shushing us. "Sorry." I whispered back. "It's okay." She smiled at me. I straightened up and watched Antonio. Antonio looked around and made eye contact with me. I did two thumbs up and flashed him a large smile. I then mouthed the words "You got this!". Antonio took a few deep breaths then turned to the side slightly and held out his hand. I made out the words "I need you." before Mirabel stepped up to Antonio and took his hand. Camilos mom gasped.

I leaned towards Camilo, "Why she doing? Sorry- I, um I mean what's she doing?" I stuttered. That was embarrassing. This normally didn't happen during a ceremony. The person expecting to get a gift would walk to the stairs by themselves, but it seems this ceremony was different, real different. "I don't know." Camilo replied. "Let's get you to your door." Mirabel spoke to Antonio. Mirabel and Antonio reached the top of the stairs when they departed. Mirabel came to stand by me and Antonio stepped towards Abuela. Abuela bent down as Antonio put his hands on the sides of the candle. "Do you promise to use your gift to help our town and the miracle?" Abuela asked. Antonio nodded then walked over to the door.

It was quiet. No one dared breath. Antonio hesitated before touching the doorknob. Nothing happened. Then the door lit up with the color yellow. A tucán flew in and landed on Antonios arm. The bird began to squawk, it looked as if Antonio knew what it was saying. "Yes, yes I understand you. Okay." Antonio spoke. "Of course they can come!" Antonios door formed designs of all kinds, Antonios name appeared, and Antonios face formed on it. Birds flew in as jungle animals crawled everywhere and busted open Antonios door.

Antonios room was revealed. It was a large jungle with a huge tree. It was amazing! A Tiger lifted Antonio onto its back and ran around with Antonio. Everyone laughed and cheered as Antonio and the Tiger explored their new home. "Wow." I mumbled. This room was amazing. Probably my favorite room. Antonio was now coming towards us, Antonio jumped off the Tiger and pranced over to me and Mirabel. "You guys were right! I got my gift and I did amazing!" Antonio giggled. Mirabel lifted him up and spun him around, "We knew you could do it! Now go have fun." Mirabel placed Antonio back down.

"Madrigal family photo!" Abuela yelled. Camilo smirked and lifted Antonio over his shoulders. "I'll be back soon Y/n. I'm going to party with my family after this photo so you can hang out with Mirabel or do whatever you want." I nodded. Camilo turned around and walked over to his family. He was so sweet. I blushed as I watched him smile. "Girl you've got it bad."  I turned to Mirabel, "What do you mean? What do I have bad?" I asked. "You're in love with Camilo." Mirabel responded.

"What? No I'm not!" I protested. Mirabel giggled. "I've been watching how you two interact and you usually stutter or mess up your words, and your blushing as your staring at him right now." I looked at my feet. "No, I just met him. I don't like him! I promise okay?" I looked up to see Dolores staring at me and wiggling her eyebrows. I shot her a glare and turned back to Mirabel, "Wanna do something?" I asked. "Sure, let me tell you about Camilo." I sighed and rolled my eyes as we exited the room.

"Yes Camilo is a gentlemen, but there's multiple girls in town who love and are obsessed with him. Camilo doesn't love them back or anything, but he's used to girls liking him. Not trying to be rude, but I don't really think he likes you. Like you said, you just met." Mirabel began. "That's what-" Mirabel cut me off, "His interests are reading, dancing, like he LOVES dancing, journaling, and he loves to tease people." I sighed, "Okay, are we done?" Mirabel giggled and nodded.

"Last time when I wanted to show you my sewing stuff Antonio was in here and I got distracted so let me actually show you my stuff!" Mirabel grabbed my wrist and yanked me towards her room. Once we got in she closed the door and opened up a chest that was at the end of her bed. She pulled out a tin bucket full of sewing needles and fabrics with patterns and colors of all kind. "Wow, you have a lot of fabric. I only have a few." Mirabel giggled, "Yeah I get told that a lot."

"Which ones your favorite? I can make you a skirt if you tell me what color and theme you want it to look like." Mirabel spoke. I beamed, "I'd love that." I grabbed a dark green fabric out of the tin. "Could you use his fabric and maybe put a white curvy line in the corner with two yellow colors attached to the white line?" I asked. "That's very specific.." Mirabel spoke. "I love it!" Mirabel and I began to laugh together until our stomachs hurt.

                            ————————

After two hours in Mirabels room talking about random things I felt the urge to go to the bathroom. "Hey I'm going to the bathroom. Where is it?" I asked. Mirabel stood up, "I'll show you." I nodded. Mirabel lead me out of her room and down the hall. We eventually reached a dim-lit bathroom. "Here it is. When your done come to Antonios room, the party is still on and I want to have some more fun before it ends." Mirabel spoke. I nodded.

                           ————————

I finished my business and made my way to Antonios room. When I reached it Dolores and Mirabel spun me around so I wasn't facing the dance floor. "Woah!" I yelped, almost losing my balance. "What are you guys doing?" I laughed. Mirabel laughed nervously, "Nothing, we're doing nothing." Mirabel shot Dolores a look. "Yeah, we're doing nothing!" Dolores chocked. You could tell Dolores was trying really hard not to spill whatever they were keeping from me.

"Guys just tell me. I have to go home soon so you might as well just tell me!" I rested my left hand on Dolores shoulder and my right hand on Mirabels shoulder. Mirabel and Dolores looked at each other, "No it's okay. Want a drink?" Mirabel asked, trying to get off topic. "I know what you're doing, but sure." I giggled. When they both let go of me to go get me a cup and a drink I whipped around to see what they were keeping from me. "No-" Mirabel yelled. But it didn't matter if she tried to stop me, I already saw what it was.

Camilo was dancing with a beautiful girl. She had long brown hair and light green eyes. She had freckles everywhere and had a gorgeous dress on. Seriously? He was just going to lead me on like this? What a shitty joke. I felt my eyes get teary as I shot around and ran out the door. I heard Dolores and Mirabel yell after me, but I didn't stop, I didn't need to. They shouldn't care, they should care about Antonio. It's his night after all.

________________________________

Hey sorry for the short chapter. I'll try to make the next one longer. Please comment and tell me what characters you want to appear more and if you like this format.

Sorry about what I decided Camilo would do, I just want some drama you know? I also felt like Y/n caught feelings to quick and I introduced Camilo a little too quick so I'm creating some distance between the two.

Stay gold.