Chapter 12

Camilo and I were walking to my house, we were approaching it slowly. "How has your morning been?" Camilo asked. "Oh it's been nice." I replied.

"That's good, hey I'll see later." Camilo spoke, letting go of me. I nodded, "Right, see you later." I spoke, waving and walking into my house. "Y/n!" Someone yelled and pulled me into a tight hug.

I squinted my eyes and looked forward, it was Ali. I chuckled, "Hi Ali." Ali squeezed me tighter, "We missed you! How was the sleepover?" Ali asked. "It was good. They made a really good dinner!" I spoke.

"That's nice! Well mama and I made a bunch of sweet bakery treats for this year! We have to start transporting them to town center, wanna help?" Ali asked. I nodded, "Hell yeah! I love transporting them." I laughed.

———————————

I was carrying three boxes stacked on top of each other. I could barely see over the three boxes, but I managed to get there all the rest. In the morning before I returned home my mama, papa, and Ali set up three tables next to each other in town center. I was walking over there at the moment.

I was heading towards a bridge, it was high up. I began to walk up the bridge so I couldn't see above the boxes I was carrying. I was trying to look to the side, practically under the boxes, but I just couldn't see.

I straightened up my back but before I could straighten up my head I bumped into something. "Woah!" I shouted, falling backwards. I hit the ground and the boxes fell out of my arms. "I'm so sorry! Here let me help you up." Someone spoke.

I opened my eyes, there was a boy in front of me, he had his arm stretched out; he was offering to help me up. He had shoulder-length brown hair, green eyes, olive skin, and he was wearing black jeans with a sage green shirt. "Oh- um, thank you." I spoke, reaching my arm out and grabbing his hand.

He pulled me up, "I'm really sorry about bumping into you. I should've been watching where I was going." He spoke, apologizing. I shook my head, "Oh it's okay, I was carrying too many boxes. It was my fault." I spoke.

He laughed, "I'm Miguel, you are?" I smiled, "I'm Y/n." I responded. Miguel bent down and picked up the boxes then stood up, "Here. Good thing these boxes were taped on the sides or everything would fall out." Miguel pointed out, handing the boxes to me.

"Thank you and good point. Hey are you coming to the town market today? My family and I are selling pastries, you should stop by and get some." I spoke, stacking the boxes on top of each other. Miguel spoke, "That'd be fun, I bet my family would love some pastries."

"Okay well see you there! I'll be handing out all of the treats." I spoke, waving and then walking away. "Okay!" Miguel shouted. He was nice. I bet Miguel and Camilo would get along well, they could become best friends! That'd be fun, their personalities fit each other's perfectly.

I was walking down the other side of the bridge so I could see over the boxes again and not run into people.

                          —CAMILOS POV—

"Mama let's go! We're going to be late if we don't start walking there right now!" I shouted. It was 4:37 pm and the sale started at 5:00. The walk to town center was like twenty minutes and I didn't want to be late.

Antonio walked past me. "Hey Antonio," I spoke, bending down next to him. "Did you know you're my favorite sibling?" Antonio smiled, "Really?" He asked. I nodded then spoke, "You know we should really get heading to the town center, can you get mama and papa?" I asked.

"What about tia Julieta and tio Agustin? And Luisa and Isabela and Mia?" Antonio asked, raising his eyebrows and tilting his head. "They already have started walking there, and we need to start. So go get mama and papa, okay?" I asked.

Antonio nodded a reassuring nod and walked away. I stood up. Well that's that. Just got to wait till Antonio can get them, he better hurry.

                           —Y/NS POV—

I finally reached town center. There were colorful banners and decorations Ali set up hours before and four long tables lined up next to each other. We already had two and a half tables filled out.

"Y/n! Place the boxes on this table please. How was the sleepover? We missed you!" Mama spoke, pointing to the third table. I made my way over to the table and then placed down the boxes, "It was nice. I met this nice boy on the bridge over there, his name is Miguel, I thought you might know him, but I invited him to come here." I explained, opening the boxes, pulling out the pastries inside, and then placing them on clear plates.

"That's nice, do you know anything about the timing of the Madrigal family?" Mama asked, leaning on the table. I shook my head, "No, I just know they're coming. Want me to go back and grab more boxes?" I asked.

Mama shook her head and walked around the tables over to me. She grabbed the sides of my face, "We want you to stay here. People will start arriving soon and we need someone over here to sell the treats to everyone. Does that sound like a job for you?" Mama asked, reverting her attention to my hair.

Mama began to twirl my hair around her finger. "It sounds like a good job." I spoke. Mama smiled, "Gracias Y/n. I'll be going back for more boxes, in the mean time just relax. There's a few chairs over there you can sit on. I love you." and with that mama kissed the top of  my head and walked away.

I walked over to the stack of chairs she was talking about and grabbed a chair. I placed it behind one of the tables and sat down. I began waiting for everyone.

————————————————————————

Hey guys! Sorry for being late on posting this chapter! It was pretty short and not that interesting, but I hope you still enjoyed reading it!

And Miguel and Y/n met! A new character! Yay! Miguel is a sweet, but protective boy. He enjoys hikes and he's very adventurous. He never really knew his father, but his mother is amazing. He cares about her a lot. He is 14 and his favorite color is blue. He loves to cook and dance.

Drama between Miguel and Camilo are about to happen so stay for that! I love all the support and funny comments.

Stay gold!