Chapter 16

I opened my eyes and let the sunlight burn them. It was bright and warm, you could hear birds peacefully chirp outside your window, and I could smell food from outside my window, floating in the wind drafts.

I got out of bed and slipped on my gray slippers. I was wondering what I would do today considering I wasn't happy Camilo and didn't plan on talking to him today, I don't know where Miguel lives or his phone number so the only way to connect with him was to run into him in town, but that was unlikely.

I could go visit Mia, but Camilo will be there. I finally decided to call Mia and plan a picnic with her on a hill. I walked downstairs still in my pajamas and sat down at the counter where Ali was. "Morning." I spoke, acting like she didn't steal the prophecy from Mia and I.

"Morning." Ali replied. Ali had dark eye bags under her eyes and her hair was all over the place, "Hard time sleeping?" I asked. Ali pursed her lips, "No. I was just up late."

"Oh ok." Mama turned around and placed three pancakes with strawberries and blueberries decorated on them onto my plate, "I caught her trying to sneak back into the house at three in the morning," Mama spoke.

Mama didn't sound happy, she didn't look happy. "Ma! You said you wouldn't tell anyone!" Ali shouted, standing up out of her chair. Mama shrugged. Ali rolled her eyes and sighed, "I'm not hungry." Ali added before walking away.

I watched her stalk out of the kitchen and waited until the kitchen door closed before talking to Mama again, "What was she doing?" I asked. Mama unscrewed the kid of the milk carton and poured milk into a large cup, "She wouldn't tell me, probably sneaking out to see a boy." Mama replied, placing the cup by my plate.

But didn't Ali like Mia? I thought she had a huge crush on her. "Yeah, maybe.." Mama leaned on the counter and smiled, "Eat up kiddo. Papa and I are going to have a meeting with Mr.Doris, we'll be back at 8:00 pm tonight, okay?" She asked.

I nodded, "Okay, love you, bye!" I spoke, cutting into my pancake and eating it. Mr.Doris was our landlord, we didn't buy our house yet because Mama and Papa still don't think this house is the one for us. We've been living here for four years straight, not in Encanto, just in this house.

We used to constantly move before they say this house. They say it's perfect yet they still haven't bought it, they have monthly meetings with Mr.Doris and he always tries to convince them to buy it. We have enough money and I just want to settle, not for a few years, I want to stay permanently in this house.

I like it. It's spacious but cozy at the same time! It's cute and has an amazing few of the mountains from the upstairs!

                      ——————————-

I finished eating and dressed in a sage green skirt with white swirled everywhere and a plain brown blouse. I wore a silver ring that rotated if you spun it and a worn-out satchel. I braided my hair into braids and pinned my curtain bangs to the side with brown bobby-pins.

I stuffed the prophecy into my satchel and packed a bunch of fruit, pieces of cake, quesadillas, and closed pitcher full of orange juice that came with two cups into a picnic basket. I wrapped a white long picnic cloth onto the picnic basket and made my way over to the house phone to call Mia.

I dialed her number and held the phone up to my ear. The ring echoed in my ear as I waited for her to pick-up. "Hey." Someone spoke into the phone. "Mia I had the perfect idea this morning! We should have a picnic! I'm already dressed and ready and I packed everything we'd need to have a picnic! A cloth, food, liquid drinks and when we get there I have a few things to tell you. Where do you wanna go to have the picnic?" I asked.

A small chuckle came out of the phone. Huh? That's not Mia. "This is Camilo you're speaking to." Oh. Hang up, hang up, I could practically hear those words that I was thinking, but I didn't follow them, not exactly.

"Hand the phone to Mia, Camilo." I responded, picking my ring fingers nail. "So you're not calling me pretty boy anymore?" He asked in a flirty tone. I ignored it and rolled my eyes, "Yeah I'm not. Now hand the goddamn phone to Mia!" I spoke. "Sounds like someone is in a bad mood." He spoke.

"Just hand the phone to her!" I shouted. "No."
I was pissed. Really pissed. What was his problem anyways? Being rude to Miguel, refusing to give Mia the phone. "Just give the phone to Mia you asshole!" I shouted into the phone. Nothing came out of the phone. It was silent.

Shit. Why'd I say that? "Camilo hand it over!" I spoke, attempting to cover up what I just said. "Hey Y/n! Camilo told me you asked if I'd want to have a picnic, we should totally do that! It sounds so fun!" Mia spoke.

I laughed, "Yeah let's do it," I replied. "But where are we gonna have it?" I asked. "I know the perfect place! Just come to Casita and knock on the door, then I'll show you where we're gonna have it!" Mia instructed me. "Got it!"

                   ————————————

I didn't tell Mia what I said, I didn't plan on telling her anyway. It kinda just came up like word vomit, I didn't mean to say it, I just did. And I regret it, I regret it big time.

I was thinking about what I said the whole way. When I got to their house Mia answered the door and directed me to the spot she thought would be perfect for our picnic.

It was a hill that had trees all on it, it had birds and a lot of ladybugs. It had flowers, it was the perfect temperature and it was beautiful. "Mia this place is amazing!" I spoke, placing down the picnic basket and twirling around.

"Thanks I come here when I'm not in the bed mood or when I need to be alone." Mia replied. I turned to her and hugged her, "You're an amazing friend Mia," I spoke, releasing her from my hug and looking at her with a grin. "Let's set up, I have to tell you some things."

————————————————————————

Hey guys! Sorry for the late chapter, but I thought it was pretty good. Sorry for all the drama between Y/n and Camilo, do you like it?

Hint: Dayana will be coming back soon on the behalf of Camilo!

What should've Ali been doing when she was out late? Please comment! Also how do you think Mia is gonna take this information about what Ali was doing?

DAILY QUESTIONS (New section):

-What's your favorite color? (OPTIONAL)

-What's your pronouns? (OPTIONAL)

————————-

You don't have to answer any questions you don't feel comfortable answering!

Stay gold. <3