Chapter 6 ☺︎︎

Mirabel walked down a few corridors before turning left towards a dark hallway, "Watch for the floorboards, they might be loose." Mia whispered, hushing herself to prevent people from hearing us. I nodded and followed her footsteps. We soon reached a few stairs that lead to a door, like what everyone had, except Mia, but this door was different. It wasn't lit up with orange and yellow lights, it was like a blown out candle. "What is this place?" I asked. Mia looked at me with a serious expression, "I haven't been here before, but it's Bruno's tower, my tio who disappeared."

Mias tio disappeared? I never knew that, apparently his name was Bruno. "Oh, I'm sorry." I whispered, Mia shrugged. "It's fine, I don't really remember him, he left before my gift ceremony." Mia spoke, walking up the steps. I soon followed her, "Are you sure about this?" I asked, picking at my finger nails. Mia nodded and opened the door, it was stuck and wouldn't budge. Good. I didn't wanna go in. What if something was waiting in there for us? What would happen if we went in there? Would people look for us if we disappeared? Would Camilo miss me? Who I ever see my family or friends again?

Mia leaned against the door and pushed with all her might, I expected it to not budge, but I was quickly proved wrong when the door cracked open and Mia fell down to the ground. I began to laugh, "Are you okay?" I asked, attempting to hush my laugh by covering my mouth with my hands. Mia laughed and nodded before I reached out my hand and helped her up. We turned around, there was a hourglass shape with sand falling from it. Mia stepped over to it and put her hand through the sand, "Casita can you turn this off?" She asked. The tiles bounced and jumped, "You can't help in here? Oh." Mia finally spoke.

"Damnit, are we gonna go through it?" I asked. Mia looked at me and giggled, "What!" I asked. What was she laughing at? Was someone behind me? Did I have something on my face? Mia continued to laugh, "What is it? Mia tell me!" I stomped my feet. Mia calmed down herself by taking a few deep breaths, "Your face just looks so funny! You look so concentrated and concerned." Mia spoke. I rolled my eyes, "Of course I look concentrated and concerned! Casita is cracking, the miracle might be losing its power," Mia gasped. "Casita can't help in here! Something off is about your tio Bruno, I don't like it in here. I wanna leave." I finished, turning around to walk out.

"Wait! No, I need you! Please Y/n. For me, for Camilo, for Casita, for Encanto," Mía whisper shouted, grabbing my wrist and spinning me to face her. "Please." Mias eyes began to water and she starting gasping for air as she cried. I felt terrible, I made Mia cry. I pulled her into a warm embrace, you could tell Mia was keeping this in for a while. "Please Mia, don't cry. I'll stay and help you save Casita and the miracle." I spoke quietly, holding her out at arms length before tickling her sides and getting her to laugh. "Haha! Y/n stop! Haha!" Mia laughed.

I stopped tickling her and smiled, "Let's go." I spoke. Mia nodded and took me and by the hand, we stepped in front of the sand hourglasses. I looked at Mia, "You ready?" I asked. "Yep." Mia replied. We stepped through the hourglass in sync, we were surprised when we expected to step onto hard ground when we felt ourselves falling down on a large pile of sand. We screamed and shouted until we stopped tumbling. Our hands separated on the way down and my hair and eyes had sand stuck in them. I blinked a bunch to get out the sand in my eyes, "Ow! Ow, my eyes." I shouted, rubbing my fingers on my eyes.

I sat up, Mia was already standing up, looking at what was in front of us. I stood up and brushed the sand off my skirt before shaking my hair to get the sand out, "I hate sand; always have, always will." I spoke, joining Mia. "Holy shit, you see this right now?" She asked. I looked up, it looked like a huge ravine, but with no opening at the top. There was a staircase, the longest one I'll ever see. There was a large hand, at least 10x my size, made out of solid rock with its pointer finger pointing up, the rock had the words "YOUR FUTURE AWAITS" in white paint.

"You don't say," I muttered to myself. "Death Bruno, that's exactly what future awaits for us if we climb that." I turned to Mia to see she wasn't there. Huh? This girl needs to put bells on her dress. Where'd she go? "Mia?" I asked, spinning around till I heard a response. I looked at the stair case, Mia was already climbing it. "Wait! Wait for me! And are you sure you want to climb this? What if we like fly up there?" I asked, using my hands to shape a plane. Mia rolled her eyes, "Just come on Y/n." She groaned. I drooped my shoulders, "Fine." I spoke, accepting defeat.

I began to climb the stairs, "How long do you expect this to take?" I asked. Mia shrugged, "I don't know, maybe like an hour." Mia replied, jumping up the stairs. I groaned, "Ugh." Mia rolled her eyes.

                               ————————

After an hour and a half of climbing the stairs we reached the top, "Finally." I spoke. There was a vault-looking door that was large and silver. I went to walk over to it when I realized there was a huge gap between where we were standing and the vault door, "How are we going to get over there?" I asked, sitting down. Mia rested her elbows on one of the posts stuck into the stairs, when it shifted and began to fall. "Mia!" I yelled, standing up. Thank god. She didn't fall with it. "Mia you have to be careful- what are you doing?" I asked.

Mia was bending down holding onto something, "I grabbed this before it fell." Mia stood up and showed me what she was holding onto. It was the post, but at the end of the post there was a long rope. "Mia, we can use that to get across." I said, reaching for the rope and post from Mias hand. Mia furrowed her eyebrows, "How?" She asked. I grinned, "You know when I was younger I went to this survival camp, this was before my grandma died, we learned stuff like this, so if I fall blame my parents, got it?" I asked, smiling a sarcastic smile.

Mia laughed, "Got it." I nodded and turned around. I grabbed about six feet of the rope and began to swing it around my shoulder, "Back up Mia." I spoke. I looked around looking for something the post could grip onto when I throw it. Aha. There was a pointy rock above the vault door, "Here goes nothing." I took some deep breaths and booted the post and rope, the post caught onto the pointy rock and I had about three feet left on the rope. "How did you do that?" Mia asked, walking up to me.

"Practice." I chuckled. Mia nodded, "How are we going to get across now? If one of us go the other will be stuck here and if we both go it might be too heavy." Mia explained. I nodded, "Maybe, or maybe not," I smirked. "We're going at the same time." Mia shook her head, "No way." I laughed and grabbed her wrist and jumped off the cliff with the rope in my other hand. "Y/n!" Mia yelled. "It's fine! Your very light." I laughed. I used all my might for fling Mia up and jump off towards the vault door and the same time.

Mia and I fell on our backs on the cliff, "I was not expecting that to work." Mia spoke, standing up and brushing the sand off her skirt. I laughed, "Clearly."

———————————————————————-

I hope you guys liked this chapter. Thank you for all the supportive comments and love, this was a little late on me for posting, but I got it done.

Next chapter I'm some shout outs on who has supported me a lot, if you don't get picked doesn't mean you don't support me it just means other people supported me a little more! I love you all!

Stay gold.