Chapter 4 ☏

(A/n: Hey guys I made a mistake with Ali's age last chapter. Mirabel turned 15 two months ago and I'm deciding Ali just turned 16 so they're not to far apart in age.)

"Here it is, my humble home." I spoke, gesturing towards a two-story house decorated in flowers. Camilo stood and smiled at it, "I love it. It fits you hermosa." I smiled, "Thank you pretty boy." I opened the door, but before I could walk in Camilo grabbed my hand and pulled me aside. I laughed, "What are you doing?" I asked. Camilo stared down at me, beaming. I giggled, "What is it?" Camilo sighed, "Your just so pretty." Camilo spoke, stretching out the 'o' in 'so'. I giggled again. Camilo grabbed my hand and pulled me inside.

Mama was in the kitchen, she was cooking tamales. I giggled as Camilo twirled me around. Mama turned around, "Y/n, what a gentlemen you have brought here. What's his name?" Mama asked, walking up to us. Camilo stopped twirling me and intertwined his fingers in between mine. "Mama this is Camilo, Camilo Madrigal." I beamed. I was so happy I completely forgot that I told mama about Camilo already. But the story I told mama wasn't the best. "Camilo? Camilo Madrigal? The boy who made you cry?" Mama asked.

Camilos grin disappeared into a sad frown. I slapped my forehead with my palm, "Mama," I spoke, shaking my head. "Can I talk with you in private?" I asked. "Ask your boyfriend." Mama said, grinning. "Mama!" I shouted, giggling. "What?" Mama asked. Camilos grin reappeared, "He's not my boyfriend, Mama." I spoke. Camilo grabbed my waist and lifted me up, "Not yet." He grinned. Oh my god. Ahhh. I got butterflies. Not yet? Does he like me? I hope! Mama beamed. "Of course you can have a private chat with your mom, bonita chica." Camilo gently set me back down. Ahhhh. I nodded and took mamas hand, I lead her out into the hall and closed the door behind us.

Mama had a grin painted on her face, "Camilo? Those Madrigals are something else. They're so kind and charming, huh?" Mama asked, nudging me. I giggled, "I guess." Mama grabbed both of my hands, "I thought he was dancing with someone else. Why aren't you mad anymore?" I sighed, "He was dancing with someone else, her name is Dayana, but Camilo convinced me that they're just friends and nothing more. And I believe him. Dayana apparently visits once every year and she chose today. He did admit to forgetting I wasn't there anymore, but he wanted to make it up to me so he's hanging out with me today." I finished. Mama giggled like a young girl, "Aww, he's so honest. And not to mention, extremely sweet. He calls you 'bonita chica' and 'hermosa' and he even calls you 'mi amor'! What a lucky girl you are." I giggled one last time.

Mamas face got serious, "When I was your age I met a sweet, charming young man. He convinced me that he loved me, but he left me. I was devastated and wouldn't talk to people for months, please be careful, I don't want that to happen to you. I love you." Mama then kissed the top of my head, opened the door, and held her hand out to show I should go first. I nodded, "It wouldn't happen to me mama. Camilo's different, I promise." I walked out the door, swaying my hips.

Camilo was on the couch reading a book that was resting on the coffee table. "You know we have a TV, right?" I asked. Camilo looked up, and as usual he was smiling. I loved his smile, so much I was almost jealous of it. "I know, I just think this is more fun," Camilo spoke, standing up. "Want to stay here or go somewhere else?" I plopped down on the couch, "How about we relax here for a bit then go out, after all we just got here." Camilo plopped down beside me, "You got a perfect point there." Camilo sent me a playful wink then rested his head on my shoulder.

——————————

After an hour on the couch I eventually got Camilo to come up to my room. "That couch is comfy! I want to stay down there!" Camilo spoke. I had to drag Camilo, not on the ground though, thankfully. I opened my bedroom door to reveal my room. "Here it is! Can I show you some of my skirts? I have hundreds." Camilo furrowed his eyebrows, "I feel like that's an exaggeration." Camilo spoke. I laughed, "Yeah it is, but I have a lot! Come see!" I pulled Camilo further into the room and pushed him onto my bed, "Stay there." I instructed him.