Chapter 17

(TW: MENTION OF DRUGS)

I spread out the cloth and opened up the picnic basket as I began to speak to Mia. "What did you want to tell me?" She asked. "I was walking up the stairs last night when I saw a green glow coming from under Ali's door. I wanted to know what it was and I asked her like what was happening," I spoke as Mia listened.

"Turns out she had the prophecy!" Mia gasped. "Why'd she do that to us?" Mia asked. "Just wait there's more! She told me not to tell you, I promised I wouldn't, but here we are. She eventually got real mad at me and left the room. I just went back to my room and slept cause this was after I got home from the sale so I was really tired." I explained.

"This morning I went down into the kitchen to have breakfast and Ali had these monstrous eye bags. I asked if she had a hard time sleeping and she said she was just up late. My mom said that she caught Ali trying to get back into the house at like three in the morning! Ali got really mad at my mom for yelling and stalked out the room, I asked my mom what she doing, like you know Ali? And my mom says she expected that she was seeing a boy, but don't you two have like a thing for each other?" I explained.

"I thought we did." Mia replied, going through the picnic basket and pulling out the closed pitcher full of orange juice and the two cups. I felt bad, Mia looked sad. I don't know if I even should've told her the second thing. But I mean it's better that she knows than she doesn't at all, right?

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought it up." I spoke, watching Mia as she poured orange juice into the two glasses. She kept her head down so her face wasn't visible and she was quiet. Mia looked up at me, "No it's fine. I'm glad I know, what do you think she was doing?" I asked. I shrugged, "I don't know," and I really didn't.

What would Ali be doing at three in the morning that she wouldn't do during sunlight hours? Was she vandalizing? Littering? Doing shit like drugs? Mia began to chug her orange juice. I grabbed the glass that she poured for me a slowly drank it.

"Is Camilo mad at me?" I asked. Mia began to cough and spilled the juice all over her dress. That wasn't a good sign. Mia pounded her chest and took some deep breaths to calm herself, "What do you mean?" She asked, standing up and dabbing napkins on her skirt in a attempt to dry it.

I rested my face, "Really? You know what I mean! Is he mad at me?" I repeated. Mia shook her head, "I don't think he is. I don't know what he'd be mad about, I mean you did nothing." Wrong. "You're always nice to him!" Wrong again.

I nervously laughed, "Yeah." I spoke. Mia eyed me suspiciously. "Hey your dress looks pretty sticky, wanna look for a stream to jump in?" I asked. Mia sat down, "Yeah, but after I down some of this yummy looking cake." I laughed. "Good plan."

                  ————————————

So Mia kinda lied. Yes she did want some cake, but she wanted more than just cake. She ate both of the sandwiches I packed, three pieces of cake, and drank two glasses of orange juice.

We packed up everything and carried around the basket as we looked for a stream or small pond to get into. After about 10 minutes of walking around we found a cute little pond with small fish in it and soft white sand around it.

FUN FACT: I'M ACTUALLY TERRIFIED OF FISH :)

I placed down the basket and sat down on the sand. The sand was gritty and itchy just like the sand in Bruno's tower. Mia looked at me before speaking, "Are you getting in?" She asked. I shook my head, "Nah, I mean nothing's wrong with my dress unlike yours, it's sticky." I explained.

"No shit Sherlock." Mia spoke. Mia smirked a little and bent down, pulling some mud out of the waters of the pond and chucked it at me. It landed right in my lap. "Mía!" I yelled, standing up as fast as I could do the mud wouldn't completely ruin my skirt.

Mia grinned with her teeth and crossed her arms across her chest, "Now something's wrong with your dress, time to get in!" Mia spoke, spreading her arms apart and grabbing my hand. Mia began to jerk me right before she jumped in, pulling me with her.

"Ahhhh!" I shouted. I fell into the water before I had time to close my mouth and felt the water gush into it. I rose to the surface and spit out the water that contained some seaweed and a few really small fish. I began to cough as Mia patted my back.

I eventually could fully breath again and smirked before turning around and pushing Mia into the water. I bent down and grabbed a handful of mud. Mia rose back up and I threw the mud in her face. She screamed and tackled me so I fell back first into the water once more.

I jumped and took a gasp of air before laughing so much my ribs hurt.

                       ———————————

After a while we got out and began to walk home. We. Were. Soaked. When we reached Casita Mia told me I should come in to talk to Camilo, but I insisted that I didn't want to. She eventually gave up, but told me come in since Dolores missed seeing me.

We shook off for a few minutes and then walked into Casita. I was walking pretty fast and began to slid since I forgot how slippery their floor was. Mia was laughing at me, but I eventually stopped myself.

"Y/n!"

I turned around it was Dolores. She pranced over to me. "I can't tell you how much everyone  had missed you, well except Isabela. I know we only saw you a day ago, but we didn't see you at the sale! Anyways so how are you and Camilo? Um I heard you kinda call him a-" Dolores spoke before I cut her off.

"Yeah is he mad about that?" I asked. Dolores bared her teeth and nodded. "Damnit!" Dolores grabbed my shoulder, "But it's okay! Go talk to him!" She spoke. I shook my head, "No I'm not gonna, I'm gonna give him some space. Bye, I'm gonna leave now." I spoke.

Dolores sighed and nodded, "Okay, see you later?" She asked. I nodded and waved at Mia, "Yeah, bye." I spoke, turning around and walking towards Casita's door. As I turned around to close the door I swear I saw Camilo leaning against the top of the stairs watching me leave.

————————————————————————

Hey guys! I hope y'all love this chapter this chapter! I think Mia and Y/n had some cute bonding moments during this chapter!

Should Mia and Y/n visit that hill more or even the stream they went to? I have been traveling a lot so I haven't had internet to post things, yes I don't have data or a hotspot, but I promise I'm not like 10.

Stay gold.