Chapter 8 ☀︎︎

————————

Mia and I exited Bruno's room covered in sand and panting from the long journey down the stair case. We were walking down the stairs when we heard a floorboard creak. Mia froze and stuck her arm out in front of my body, forcing me to stay still. "What are you doing?" I asked. Mias eyes widened and she shot me a glare, "Shhh!" She hushed me. I nodded.

We were waiting for a few minutes before we continued to walk down the stairs. I began to talk to Mia as she shook the gritty sand out of her hair, I hit something and fell down. "Ugh! What is your problem!" I heard something scream. I looked up. It was Isa. Isa was looking down on me, glaring and brushing flower petals off her dress. I looked to my side and stood up, "I'm sorry," I mumbled.

Isa put her hand by her ear, "Sorry. I can't quite hear you, what did you say?" Isa asked, sarcastically. I rolled my eyes, "I'm sorry!" I spoke louder this time. Isa smirked and folded her arms, "You should be," Isa spoke. Isas eyes squinted and she grabbed my front bangs. "What's this in your hair?" She asked. I glanced at Mia, she was biting her nails and looked anxious.

I turned away. "It's nothing really." I spoke. I could tell I wasn't convincing because Isa looked me up and down before rolling her eyes and walking away. I sighed a relieved sigh, "She might not believe us, but it's okay. She can't do anything really. I mean she is 'la señorita perfecta Isabella' but she can't convince anyone except Abuela!" Mia chuckled, smiling out of the side of her mouth as she raised her hand.

This is what position she's in:

I rolled my eyes, "Yeah well Abuela runs this place! If Isa-" I spoke quickly before getting cut off by Mia

I rolled my eyes, "Yeah well Abuela runs this place! If Isa-" I spoke quickly before getting cut off by Mia. "Call her Isabella." Mia spoke. I pursed my lips and cocked one eyebrow, "Sorry, my bad. If Isabella can convince Abuela then Abuela can convince everyone else. Then nobody will want me over here ever again!" I explained, flaying my arms and hands everywhere.

Mis shook her head, "That's not true. I want you here, Dolores, Camilo, my mama, my papa, Pepa, Felix, Antonio, and even though you haven't met my other sister, Luisa; I just know she'd love you!" Mia spoke, beaming. I smiled, "Yeah but Isa- sorry Isabella doesn't want me here!" I corrected myself. Mia laughed, "She doesn't like half of us here, her own family! So I mean it's quite normal for her not to like other people who come here to Casita." Mia spoke, patting my back.

"Really?" I asked. Mia nodded, "Really." I beamed, "Okay, I believe you." I spoke. Mia smiled, "Follow me, we have to put this puzzle together." Mia said, pulling a tiny shard of the glowing green pieces out of her bag. I nodded. Mia and I walked around for a while before reaching the blue door. We turned the door handle and entered.

It was more fun than I remembered, but it still was cheerful in a way. Mia walked around for a few minutes, checking out large flat surfaces. Mia finally decided on her turquoise dresser, I walked up and stood beside her. She turned her bag upside down and emptied it. The glass pieces clattered everywhere.

"Mia," I spoke. "Be careful. You could break them!" Mia looked at me, "This is careful enough." Mia spoke, chuckling. After Mia finished spreading out the pieces she looked at me and nodding her head, gesturing for us go begin sorting them out.

                           —————————

After about five minutes of sorting the pieces, all the pieces were fitted and in place perfectly. I stood back at the image. It wasn't a bright image, in fact it was scary. I didn't know why me OR Mia were included, but it didn't sit right with me. Mia and I were standing back-to-back in front of Casita. If you held it slightly to the left Casita was fine and had no cracks, but if you held it slightly to the right Casita was all broken and had cracks everywhere. It was like our fate was undecided.

"What does it mean?" Mia asked, bending down to get a closer look. I turned around, biting my nails out of pure anxiety. "I don't know, but I don't like it. Your tio Bruno seems like a shady guy, don't ya think?" I asked. Mia stood up and turned around to face me, "I really don't know. Like I said, I don't really remember him!" Mia spoke.

My stomach erupted in knots when we heard a loud thunder coming from outside the door, soon enough the door handle was turning and Pepa emerged. "Hola tia Pepa! How are you today?" Mia asked, walking past me and hugging Pepa. Pepa looked at Mía with a stubborn expression, "Do you see this thundering cloud above my head?" Pepa spoke, pointing to the cloud floating above her.

Mia chuckled nervously and smiled. Pepa walked over to me and smiled, "Hola Y/n. You look beautiful. Do you know where Camilo is? I've been looking for him, you know I thought of asking you since it looks and seems as if something is going on between you two. Eh?" Pepa asked, nudging me and smiling.

I giggled, "Aw Pepa thank you for the compliment, but yet I do not know where Camilo is. I'm so sorry." I spoke. Pepa shook her head, "Oh it's okay darling." Pepa spoke. "Um, do you care to tell us why you have a- er- a thundering cloud above your head?" I asked, carefully avoiding Mias gaze. Pepa looked back at me and Mia, "I was coming to collect the rest of Antonios items when I heard," Pepa spoke, reaching down to pickup some stuffed animals that belonged to Antonio. "the name we do not speak." Pepa finished.

————————————————————————

Hey guys! Here's another chapter! You guys keep me motivated to write with all your sweet and amazing comments! If you have any questions please comment them and I'll make sure to answer them!

This chapter was a little short, but still exciting and fun to write! I have exciting news for y'all Camilo will be making an appearance soon! YAY! I'm excited to get back to cute Camilo and Y/n moments!

I hope you love this chapter and have an amazing rest of your day, morning, or night. <3

Stay gold.