Chapter 25

There were rats grabbing the prophecy out of Agustin's pocket! "No, no, no!" I whispered to myself. No one can see that prophecy! Wait, but how did Agustin get the prophecy?

I shook my head, that didn't matter right now. The rats began to piece the prophecy together. The rats did it quick, really quick.

Soon enough it was already assembled, Mia grabbed it, but the rats pushed it around under the table, preventing Mia and I from grabbing it. They knocked it down to the end of the table where Luisa's chair was.

We crawled as fast as we could. My knees burned as we scurried across the hard tiled floor. We got the end of the table and popped out. Luisa was entering the room.

Oh no.

She pulled the piano as hard as she could, but she couldn't force it beyond the doorway. It hit the bottom of the step with such a force that Luisa fell to the ground. She began to sob.

A cloud began to form over to table and everyone around it. Birds and cattle found their way into the room, Antonio probably helped them. We stood up and Mia grabbed the prophecy.

"Watch out!" Dayana yelled. What? Who was she talking to? I soon realized it was me, cattle were charging at me. I ran around Mia to the other side of her, but accidentally knocked into her shoulder.

Her shoulder jerked forward and she let go of the prophecy. It soared down the table, it stopped right in front of abuela. Two wine glasses were in the way, they fell down after the prophecy knocked into them.

Abuela looked at the gleaming puzzle, her face was blank and shocked. Abuela looked up at Mia and I and shook her head before leaving the room.

"Wait! Where are you going?" I yelled after her. I got no response. Everyone stared at us. "Ow!" Mariano shouted. All attention went to him. A weed, created by Isa, sprouted out of the tiles and punctured Mariano's eye.

                        —————————

Mia and I were standing by the doorway outside as everyone rushed past us. "What have you done!" Pepa yelled angrily. Julieta passed, she didn't say anything, she just shook her head. Isa rushed past us, she looked happy until she saw us, "Ugh! You ruin everything!" She screamed in our faces, spitting all over us.

Mia let out a small laugh as Isa passed us. "Shh! She can probably hear you!" I whispered. Mia shrugged, "So what- wait! Where are those rats going?" Mia asked, turning around as a long line of rats scurried across the floor with pieces of the prophecy in their hands.

"Go! Go! Come on, we have to catch them!" Mia shouted. I nodded before we began to sprint after them. They were small so they were pretty slow, but their size confused us. At some moments we couldn't spot where they were, but we eventually found them.

They led us to a picture that was hung up on the wall. "Hah! Got you now!" I shouted. Mia and I began to close in on them. But before we could even lunge for one of them, they began jumping behind the picture.

"What! How is that possible?" Mia spoke. I shrugged, "I don't know, but hurry! Follow them!" I yelled at Mia. Mia nodded and flung the picture forward to reveal a secret passageway. "Damn. Mia I didn't know you had passageways in your house. This is awesome!" I spoke, my mouth slightly open from surprise.

"Yeah, I didn't either." Mia responded. I shook my head, "Well let's go! Quick!" I spoke. Mia carefully climbed through, I followed in after her. I turned around and grabbed the edge of the picture to close it. I turned back around as Mia and I began to run after the rats.

We could barely see where or what we were doing, but the glowing light of the prophecy helped us. The rats scurried away, but all stopped as a piece of the prophecy slowly rose into the air. "What the hell." I mumbled.

I was tempted to scream and turn around and run, but I didn't. I needed to get this prophecy back. A crack of thunder boomed and shook the house as the thing holding the prophecy was revealed. It was a man with gray hair with a green poncho over him, he was hunched over.

"Who are you? Give us that prophecy piece back!" I shouted at him. Mia hit me with her elbow in my ribs. "Ow! Oh I mean- give me that glowing piece back!" I yelled, repeating myself.

The man shook his head and whipped around, he began to run. "Go, go!" Mia and I chased after him. We had to jump over things, we crawled through small spaces, and we even had to hold onto bamboo sticks on the ceiling to get through specific spaces.

We were catching up to him. There was a huge hole, the man ran. He stepped on a few things on the edge and made it to the other side, no problem. I stopped, Mia bumped into me. "Ow! Y/n, what are your doing? Follow him!" Mia spoke to me.

I took a few deep breaths and backed up. I ran and followed the same steps the man did. I made it to the other side! I turned around and gave Mia a small, signaling she could do it.

She hesitated, but ended up running in the end. She followed all of the same steps I did, but slipped on the last piece of wood, causing her to fall down, and grab a long strap of bamboo sticking out of the ground.

"Mia!" I yelled as I quickly bent down. "Grab my hand!" Mia shook her head, "I can't, if I rise up even a little bit I'll fall." I pursed my lips, "Then what do I do?" I asked.

"Bend down and grab me, don't slip." Mia I instructed me. I nodded. Clearly I didn't take the message into mind too much because soon as I bent down I slipped.

————————————————————————

SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER, BUT THE VERY FIRST TIME IM POSTING EXACTLY ON TIME, YAY!

I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH, YOUR SUPPORT GIVES ME MORE MOTIVATION TO WRITE, THANK YOU.

Stay gold.