Chapter 24

—————

We were all waking to the Madrigal household. Mia and I locked arms as Dayana and Miguel followed behind us.

We arrived at the house. Instead of normally knocking on the door, we burst in. It was Mia's house after all, we didn't really need to knock, did we? No we didn't.

People were bustling around the house like the very first time I entered. Julieta was at the top of the stairs pacing back in forth as Pepa accompanied her, rubbing her back and patting it.

Why was she stressed? It was Isabela, wasn't it? Isabella's getting engaged! Well if it went well..but either way that's a big deal!

How old is she anyways? 17....18? 19? My thoughts quickly got pulled away from me as Mia shook me, "Y/n! Let's go sit down, come on!" She fiercely spoke, pulling on my sleeve.

I shook my head, "Right, sorry. I was um thinking...hard?" I replied. We walked over to the table. Dolores settled next to Camilo, who patted next to Camilo, gesturing for me to sit down.

I followed the clear invitation to sit down and took it, I nestled down next to Camilo. Mia sat across from me, Dayana sat down next to me and then Miguel sat next to her.

(THIS SECTION, THE ONE ABOVE THIS TEXT, SUCKS BECAUSE I TYPED IT WHEN I WAS VERY TIRED!)

A handsome young man with chocolate brown hair sat next to Isabela. He was wearing a blue and white striped shirt. An old lady with a yellow shawl sat beside him, she patted his shoulder. Aww, she's his mother.

A few minutes went by as everyone chose their seats and sat down. We then began the dinner. I loved coming to their dinners, they always had to best food and appetizers!

I gathered some mashed potatoes and put them on my plate, I also gathered green beans, two tamales, corn mixed with tomatoes and beans, and finally a large glass of milk.

I dug in. I scooped up some mashed potatoes and ate them. The texture of the potatoes felt weird on my tongue, but it was delicious. It was seasoned perfectly and there wasn't one single chunk of potato in it.

I ate a few pieces of green beans before eating my favorite part of the whole meal: the tamales. I cut off the end and picked it up with my fork, I then ate it off my fork. I drank some milk before digging back into the tamales.

—————————

I was halfway down with my dish, everyone else was either finished or about halfway through their meal. Mia and Dolores were staring at each other intensely, but why?

I brushed it off and drank more of my milk. "Avocado?" The boy I later found out was named Mariano spoke, holding the mash potato bowl out in front of Mia's face, blocking her view to Dolores.

Dolores leaned over to Camilo and whispered something in his ear, his eyes widened and he glanced at me before clenching his teeth together. He clutched his chest coughing, he shapeshifted into Mia, then me, and finally into a man with black hair striped with gray lines and a green poncho. What was happening? What're they saying?

Camilo looked around as if he planning on who to tell next. "Water?" Isa spoke, holding a yellow water pitcher in front of Mia's face. Camilo leaned over and whispered something to Felix. Felix'd eye whitened as he spit out water onto everyone's remaining food. Mariano looked down at his food in terror before screaming like a little girl.

Abuela looked around, sensing something was wrong, "Uh Mirabel, the cream." Mia nodded, "Yes, papi the cream please." She spoke. Her dad passed her a gray bowl, Mia then passed it to Isa, who passed it to Mariano, who passed it to his mother, who finally passed it to Abuela.

Félix whispered into Pepa's ear, a huge cloud formed over her head, it covered the whole table. She was left gapping at Mia and I. What are they on about? Why are they all acting like this? "Uh Pepa, the cloud." Abuela spoke. Pepa nodded nervously as she stroked her hair, "Clear skies clear skies."

I looked at Mia nervously as she lipped something to me. What? I couldn't tell what she was saying? I shrugged. Pepa whispered to Julieta who stared at us, her eyes larger then I thought eyes could go. Mia looked down under the table and quickly sipped her orange juice, but when she came up she hit her head hard on the top of the table.

"Everything alright Mirabel??" Mariano asked Mia. "What? Oh yeah, of course I am!" Mia spoke, smiling.

Mariano nodded, chuckling nervously. "Are you sure you are?" Isa asked, politely, placing her hand on Mia's shoulder. Mia nodded, "She's just excited for you to propose to Isa, Mariano!" Her dad spoke quickly.

Mia looked up, "Yeah, that's it! Just very excited!" She responded. Mariano looked around, "Well I was going to sing a song first." He spoke. Mia stood up and rushed over to Mariano, she jerked his chair towards Isa's and then pushed him out of it, he landed on the floor with one leg bent up and one bent down, he was in his proposing stance.

Mia then speed walked to Isa's chair, she turned it a bit fast, causing Isa to topple over a little bit. Mariano looked up at his mom for a sign of help, "Well since everyone her had a special gift, my Mariano thought he'd show off his talents and perform for Isa." Mariano's mom spoke.

Abuela nodded, "That's a wonderful idea," Abuela spoke, turning to Luisa, "Luisa bring over the piano." Luisa furrowed her eyebrows and began to cry a little bit as she stood up and walked out of the room, "Okay.." She spoke.

Mia looked around before focusing on under the table, "No!" She whisper yelled. What? What was it? When no one was looking I slipped under the table with Mia.

————————————————————————
OMG SORRY! I GOT GROUNDED ON WEDNESDAY AND COULDNT GET MY PHONE BACK TILL SUNDAY, I WANTED TO MAKE THE CHAPTER LONGER, BUT I DIDNT WANT U GUYS TO WAIT ON ME!

I LOVE U GUYS SO MUCH!!!

Stay gold.