Chapter 13

People began to arrive, I stood up. A man walked up to the tables and began to scan them. "What are you looking for specifically sir?" I asked, walking over to him. He looked up at me, "Well I have three kids and they all like different things. Two have sweet tooth's and my other one likes savory things." He explained.

I nodded, "Here," I spoke, handing him three separate boxes. "This one is has a sweet treat, same with this one, but this one is a yummy treat that isn't so sweet, but isn't exactly savory." I finished.

The man smiled and nodded, "Thank you so much. Have an amazing rest of your day!" He spoke and then walked away. I beamed, I was happy. I loved to help people, it made me fill good about myself and how I acted.

———————————

It's been about thirty minutes since I selled my first box of pastries and I haven't seen Camilo or Miguel. "Y/n!" Someone yelled. Maybe I spoke too soon. I turned around, it was Mia. Or not. "Hey Mia! Wanna help me hand out the food?" I asked, walking over to her.

Mia smiled and nodded, "Yeah! That'd be really fun!" Mia replied, grabbing my forearm and pulling me back behind the tables. I wasn't the only selling and handing out pastries, My family was also helping.

"Have you seen Camilo? I kinda need to ask him something." I spoke, picking at my nails. I wanted to ask if Camilo wanted to be friends with Miguel, like I said earlier they seem perfect as friends! "No, we, and when I say we, I mean my moms side of the family, started walking before them. What do you want to ask him?" Mia asked.

"Well I met this really nice boy named Miguel. I feel like Miguel and Camilo would be really good friends! I wanted to ask if he would be okay with being friends with him. What do you think Camilos gonna say?" I asked, handing a box to a women with a baby.

Mia looked at me and laughed nervously, "Well I mean they could become good friends, but Camilo can, you know, like- well he gets attached to certain people he gets close to and gets jealous of people who hang around them. But you know, he could've changed." Mia spoke, shrugging.

"Well maybe, but I truly think they could become best friends! I actually invited Miguel to come get some pastries, he didn't seem like he even knew about us selling these." I spoke, walking over to a little kid and handing him free samples.

"Y/n!" Someone yelled. I turned around, Miguel. "Miguel hey! Come over here I wanna introduce you to someone!" I spoke. Miguel nodded and jogged over to me. "Miguel this is Mirabel Madrigal. Mia this Miguel, um- I don't know his last name." I spoke, introducing the two to each other. "It's Miguel Achan."

Mia nodded and held out her hand for Miguel to shake, soon enough Miguel reached his arm out and shook it. "Miguel I have this really good friend, his name is Camilo. I think you two could become really good friends!" I spoke.

"Really? That'd be awesome! I don't have many friends." Miguel replied. Mia spoke, "Just so you know Miguel, Camilo is my cousin and he's quite flirty and a hothead. He might be rude to you at first, but I know he'll warm up to you." Miguel nodded, "Okay, I'll take that into notice. Gracias." Miguel spoke.

I smiled. Miguel was getting along well with Mia, so that probably means he could get along with Camilo. Camilo and Mia kinda have the same personality; they both like to make trouble and they're both funny, both are hotheads, well Mia not so much. The only thing they don't have in common is that Mia isn't that flirty and well, I mean- Mia doesn't have a gift and Camilo does have one.

"Well Miguel is there anything you would like to buy?" I asked. Miguel scanned the tables, "Well my mama said to ask you if I could help sell the things. She's quite busy right now and she needs me out of the house for a while. Whatever's left at the end I'll buy." Miguel explained. I smiled and looked at Mia, she looked happy.

"I would love for you to help, just ask Mia." I replied. Mia looked at me then to Miguel, "It would be fun for you to help, but-" Mia spoke, getting cut off by Miguel. "Awesome!" Miguel ran over to the other side of the tables and stood by me.

Mia and I glanced at each other. More people were filing in and we had to move quickly to sell things to people when they asked for it. Camilo arrived and walked over to me as I was helping a women pick out a pastry to buy. "You know this one is by favorite. It has delicious jelly inside it and is coated in sugar." I spoke, picking up a box and handing it to her.

"That sounds amazing, my kids will love it," She spoke, taking the box. "How much?" I smiled, "Five dollars." I responded. She smiled and reached into her bag to grab a five dollar bill. "Ahí vas chica." (There you go girl.)

"Gracias. Have a good day!" I spoke, taking the five dollars and smiling. Mia was busy helping some kids and Miguel had a long line he was attending to. "Hola hermosa." Camilo spoke, twirling me around. "Hey pretty boy." I replied. "Looks like the sale is thriving, huh?" Camilo spoke, getting distracted and squinting his eyes past me.

"Who's that?"

————————————————————————

It was late and short, but I wanted to end it on a cliff hanger! I'm starting to write the next chapter right after I publish this one so it won't be out late!

Miguel and Mía got along quite well except for when Miguel cut her off. I want to make it so Y/n tries to back Miguel up because he's quite new to the story, but no one really likes him except Y/n.

Camilo and Miguel are about to meet! How do you think Camilos gonna react? How do you think Miguel's gonna react? Respond right there, the comment thing.

Anyways I love all of the support and funny comments, one made me cry of laughter. I can't remember what it said or who wrote it, but it was really funny!

Stay gold.