Chapter 7 ♡︎

I stood up. "Let's go." Mia spoke, grabbing my wrist and pulling me into the stretched out archway. The hallway towards the vault door was decorated with people carved into the walls, they were holding hourglasses and looked creepy. There were broken vases all over the floor. "I don't like this place." I whispered. A loud breaking of clay carried around the hallway as Mia shrieked. "What!" I screamed, jumping and looking around.

Mia looked at me, "It was just mice." Mia spoke, her knees shaking. The mice scurried across the floor and climbed up the walls; entering a mans mouth that was carved on the wall, he had large hair, his arms were stretched out, and his eyes and mouth were just holes.

I began to slowly back out of the hallway. My hands and legs were shaking slightly, I do not want to go anywhere near anymore doors in here. I want to leave. Mia spun around, "Y/n! Come here, you're not leaving me." Mia spoke sternly, placing her hands on her hips and giving me a death stare. I nervously laughed before walking towards her, looking down at my feet. "That's what I thought, now come on."

Mia led us into the next room. We carefully made our way through the vault door, a sharp piece of metal was sticking out and rubbed against my hand; cutting it. "Ow!" I spoke, barring my teeth. Mia turned towards me, "Are you ok?" She asked. I nodded, holding back tears. "It's just a small cut." I lied. In reality, my cut was deep. Mia nodded. We walked into the middle of the room. The room was dark and small, sand covered the ground, and there were green glowing objects buried under the sand.

"What are those things?" I asked, bending down. Huh? I began to shift around the sand and digging for one of the objects. I felt my hand rest on one piece, I pulled it out. It was gleaming tremendously, hurting my eyes. It had sharp edges that I, very carefully, avoided. Mia held out her hand gesturing for me to give it to her. I nodded and placed the piece in her hand.

If anyone could figure out this puzzle it'd be Mia. She's a smart and funny person, not to mention, a very adventurous person. She doesn't have a gift, but that doesn't define her. She's amazing, no wonder Ali likes her. Mia furrowed her eyebrows and tilted it and moved it multiple times before deciding on a specific form. "What's hurting the magic?" Mia asked, reaching into the sand to grab another piece. She pulled one out and began to press them together.

Crack.

I looked up. Cracks were forming everywhere, the closer the two pieces of glass came together the more cracks came. "Mia," I nervously spoke. "What's happening?" Mia couldn't hear me. She was two focused, at this point she already stuck two together and was about to stick a third one. "Mia!" I chanted, attempting to catch her attention. She still wouldn't look at me, she stuck the third one onto the bunch. She titled it slightly to the right, a figure formed. It was Mia.

"What?.." Mias voice trembled. "Mia. Are you okay?" I asked. Mia stood up and looked around; the walls were caving in and the ceiling was on the verge of breaking. "We have to get out of here," Mia spoke. Obviously. "Collect all the green pieces, hurry!" Mia shouted. I immediately obeyed and began to furiously dig for the pieces.

I collected four pieces and Mia collected three. We stood up and ran for the door, Mia looked around one more time, but stayed instead of following me. "Mia! Come on we're going to die!" I shouted, panicked. Mia pointed at a pile of sand with a hint of green glowing out of it, "We missed one!" Mia spoke, running towards the sand pile and digging for the piece.

As Mia worked on getting the piece I decided it's be ideal for me to work on opening the door. I used all my weight and strength to try to budge it, but it didn't work. Mia was running towards me, tripping on the sand. "Try the handle!" She yelled, pointing at a piece of metal hiding in the corner of the door. I nodded and dived for it, I turned it and wrenched the door open.

Mia jumped after me and grabbed my foot. The sand acted as a river and carried us all the way to the edge of the cliff. Thank god we're safe. I was breathing heavily, I was shaking, I was scared. Period. I looked slightly to my right to see half of my body was resting on the edge of the cliff and the other was resting off the cliff. My eyes widened and my heart stopped beating, "Ah!" I screamed, rolling towards the wall. I sat up.

Mia scooted over to me, "Are you okay?" She asked. I nodded, "How are we going to get back over?" I asked. A tucán flew out of nowhere with a rope attached to a rock. Mia and I laughed, "Antonio." We said in sync. The tucán dropped the edge of the rope by us and flew away. "Thanks!" I yelled after the tucán, still laughing. "Who's holding onto the rope?" I asked.

Mia handed the end of the rope to me, "Definitely you. You got us over here once you can do it again." Mia spoke. I chuckled and scratched the back of my head, "Don't jinx me!" I spoke. Mia laughed and shook her head, "No promises. Now grab it and let's get across." Mia spoke. I nodded my head and grabbed Mias arm with my free hand, I paced back to get a head start. I began to ran and jumped.

My hand began to slip and I began to panic. Oh no. Don't fall, don't fall. I chanted in my head. I clinched my teeth and squeezed my eyes shut as I used my strength to fling Mia up and launch myself towards land at the same time. For a second I thought I missed the landing,I felt myself falling and I wasn't coming in contact with any firm ground. Until, my face squished against something hard and my whole body began to hurt.

I opened my eyes and saw I was next to Mia. I sat up, "See? I knew you could do it!" Mia shouted, beaming. She pulled me into a hug and squeezed me. I laughed.

————————————————————————

Hey guys! I just finished this chapter and I thought it was quite a nervous chapter, but interesting at the same time! I hope you love it! :)

Answering questions! (Segment)

——————————-
@EddielsMyDigger

(Question): Do you have a plan for your updates or do you post when you feel inspired?

(Answer): I have made plans for some chapters, but I mostly just post when I feel inspired!
———————————

Stay gold.